Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nectar recipes for optimal day drinking

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2021
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @IreneSwift

It's great that after nearly 10 years of playing S3 there is still so much to learn :)

I'm also amazed, I realized how blind I actually am with Sims 3 eventhough I have been playing it since 2011, there is so many thing that I just recently discovered and I wasnt aware how broad the nectarmaking recipes are.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @izecson

I have played with nectar making before but always got confused over ingredients so I am really pleased to have this guide now but I am sure there must still be other skills I probably have not fully explored yet either :)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
  • Emma_ValentineEmma_Valentine Posts: 81 Member
    Thank you for this guide! I've copy/pasted to a Notepad doc for future use. I've played with nectar making a bit but never realized there was a science to it. Will have to look into Max Simmons recipes to see if I have hit on anything new.

By the way, DRAGONS CAN HELP WITH GARDENING! WHAT?!?! LOL
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    I'm glad simmers are enjoying this thread and I hope you're having a great time with nectar making. I've added some new info to the original post such as the value of the bottles and the settings I used. I also added Starguru's recipes.

I've been playing sparsely lately so I haven't created any new recipes but I am brewing up some strawberry and dessert nectars for my sims wedding. They are finally engaged.

@SPARKY1922 @MamaSimTee Thank you for the compliments. I planted the garden and decorated the house but I didn't build this one. It's from a custom town called Strawberry Acres. There's lots of impressive houses there.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    For anyone interested in nectar value calculation, I found this guide useful in understanding the various multipliers and creating my own recipes: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Nectar_value_calculation

I also keep a list in a Word doc that contains my nectar recipes as well as those discovered by other simmers that I’ve found on various sites. In my doc I had saved another link that compiled many of those sources. I just noticed it’s a dead link now, but I managed to find it using the Wayback Machine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20191227082941/http://www.gwen-morse.com/wiki/index.php/Sims_3_Nectar_Making_and_Recipes

While these aren’t exclusively the types of nectars featured on this thread (nectar recipes that give all the buffs without extending the life span), they do contain a large number of amazing/valuable nectars which are nice to have on hand and may help inspire more new recipes.

@Satanu_Reeves – Thanks for adding my multi-moodlet nectar recipes to your OP. :) Would you like the values for them as well?
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Took a couple hour break from streaming and Animal Crossing to continue with my nectar making save. Mikezumi and Shannon enjoyed Mikezumi's first batch of nectar :) They only got one positive moodlet from it because it was a basic recipe (5 apples/5 renoit). Although it wasn't old enough to reach perfect quality it was an amazing recipe.
    50977695171_15618010b5_o.jpg
    @Mikezumi

Great Pic. I love the look on his face while she stands there scratching her head trying to make up her mind :)
    edited February 2021
    The boys try to fit in a break wherever they can now days. Here they are trying the banana cocoa nectar. Apparently Callum thinks it may pair well with nachos.

xmLCIZY.jpg
    @Mikezumi Love the pic. :) I hope you share more as your household produces more batches.
    @Satanu_Reeves

love the pick of the boys trying out the latest nectar concoction before they hit the town (presumably-) Looking at both pics I realise that sims defo have a kind of look while they are making up their minds about what they are drinking which i had not noticed as much before :)
    @SPARKY1922 Thanks :) I agree that they definitely look like they are making up their minds about the nectar!

@Satanu_Reeves Thanks :) Banana and cocoa sounds like a match made in heaven to me! Great pic of your boys and I love the room! :)
    @SPARKY1922 My favorite part is actually after they are done drinking, when they make comments and always get it wrong. Always talking about hints of coffee or fruits that aren't in the nectar. :D The mod in the picture makes the nectar glasses more realistic which I really like but it replaces the World Adventures drinking animations with the Late Night ones and what is lost is all the pretentious things they do while drinking. Like opening their mouth and flicking their tongue around while breathing in. Raising their pinky fingers and just making a lot of judgemental 'hmmm' sounds. Which I think makes always getting the flavors wrong thing even funnier but it still gets a chuckle out of me with this mod.

@Mikezumi Ditto, I could really go for a frozen chocolate banana. And thanks for the compliment, Callum's decorating philosophy is based on Dolly Parton's quote "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap."
    @Mikezumi & @Satanu_Reeves

I also use default glasses in my game but I also love to use this at parties :) now wouldn't it be great if sims could fill this with Nectar :D

BgtSW0v.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited February 2021
    For those who want to play "99 bottles of Juice on the Wall..."
    https://modthesims.info/d/490833/99-bottles-of-beer.html - a pose-pack...
    For those times when your sims have imbibed a BIT too much nectar. :D:mrgreen:

99 bottles of juice on the wall...99 bottles of juice...
    Take one down, pass it around...
    *hic*.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    rZnJtHb.png
    Even if your sim's nectar collection is just for drinking, ageing some bottles has it's advantages. These wishes pop up a lot while drinking nectar. There's one at $250, $500, and $1000.
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2021
    izecson wrote: »
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @IreneSwift

It's great that after nearly 10 years of playing S3 there is still so much to learn :)

I'm also amazed, I realized how blind I actually am with Sims 3 eventhough I have been playing it since 2011, there is so many thing that I just recently discovered and I wasnt aware how broad the nectarmaking recipes are.

DITTO! There are 3 slots on a bathtub, you don't have to have one for playtime with the duckie and one to destress with the candle and the bubble bath, you can have ALL 3! I think I should have known this by now! My sims are usually struggling so that could be why.

A "Not Very Good" blend of nectar is not a bad combination of fruits, it just needs worked with those fruits in different quantities. After you get to predict the effectiveness, it's not such a stab in the dark. I think some combinations will only get you to a "Great", but I'm not sure. I've gotten at least to Great on all of the ones I worked. Does anyone know?

My sims did not embrace Bridgeport, there's a club dance and watching them learn this hidden skill is FUNNY!

There's something else I discovered recently that I feel I should have known, but it escapes me atm.

@Starguru I like your names! I have fun naming ones that I want to use that are Great or Amazing. I have a Great Recipe that I use to take to and at my own parties. It's called Top of The Rainbow...made with 4 Bananas, 4 Peaches and 2 Strawberries. I have an amazing recipe that I discovered that has many green fruits and so I call it Envy; it's 4 Avorlino, 4 Cherimola and 2 Pomelo. I worked another combination and came up with Avowed, named for the Avorlino grapes. It's 6 Avorlino grapes, 2 Limes and 2 Pears. It's fun unlocking the recipes that produce good and great. My sim doesn't take much time to taste actually. She has a big house to furnish in a style that suits a nectary with all the fun stuff from a couple sets I got from the store. I'm not sure tasting in France works, I ended up getting my number of batches made reset accidentally by traveling, so I haven't had the predictor very long.

Post edited by tallcoolone on
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

One of the founders in my current save has the Bottomless Nectar Cellar LTW. I kept thinking I had clicked the wrong option for the nectar making process because I only got one bottle from the nectar maker if left overnight. My sim has been using the Mass Produce option to reach the 50 bottle requirement for the LTW and I was getting annoyed at finding only one bottle when there should have been 3 or more as skill increased. Batches of nectar made and collected during the day produced the full amount. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, I have a question about life fruit. I don't want my sims to stay young so does anyone know how many life fruit I can safely use in nectar without affecting their age?

51163999684_c4ed928125_o.jpg
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited May 2021
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    One of the founders in my current save has the Bottomless Nectar Cellar LTW. I kept thinking I had clicked the wrong option for the nectar making process because I only got one bottle from the nectar maker if left overnight. My sim has been using the Mass Produce option to reach the 50 bottle requirement for the LTW and I was getting annoyed at finding only one bottle when there should have been 3 or more as skill increased. Batches of nectar made and collected during the day produced the full amount. Has anyone else experienced this?
    @Mikezumi I distinctly remember this happening to my sims, over and over, three years ago. It only happened when I quit and reloaded later. I think it only happened when the batch of nectar was finished at the time that I saved, not when the machine was still running, but I may be wrong about that detail.

I tried to reproduce this and couldn't. So I dug out my old user folder from back then and tested, and I couldn't reproduce it in that folder either. I'm happy to try more, but please let me know your sim's level in nectar making, whether you've upgraded the machine (and which upgrade), and if it makes a difference whether the machine is running when you quit.

Mikezumi wrote: »
    Also, I have a question about life fruit. I don't want my sims to stay young so does anyone know how many life fruit I can safely use in nectar without affecting their age?
    It takes six life fruit in a batch to set a sim's age back one day, assuming the nectar maker has the skills to produce nectar that grants moodlets at all. A sim who isn't high enough in nectar making can make a bottle with ten life fruit, and that bottle won't have any effect. When a sim is skilled enough, even one life fruit in the bottle will grant the +50 Full of Life moodlet, without affecting age. And of course it takes three flame fruit to grant the Warm Fuzzies moodlet.
    Thanks @puzzlezaddict :) I am glad it isn't only me that is losing bottles of nectar. Even though the nectar wasn't in the maker in the morning, the bottles were credited to his wish to make x number of bottles so that's something I guess. I think I have the Flavour Enhancement upgrade on the maker. The bottles disappeared before and after the upgrade. My sim has made a lot of nectar so I should check to see if he can produce nectar that gives moodlets. Thanks also for the offer to check but it isn't necessary. I will just have to remember to clear the machine before my sim goes to bed. He's busy at the moment with two young kids so isn't making as much as he was.

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Mikezumi I have a machine with Flavor Enhancement in one of my saves, so I'll keep an eye on things and let you know if I notice a pattern. It always bothered me too, and I'd love to know what was causing it.

And yeah, kids always get in the way of drinking, or in this case making drinks.
  • MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    This thread makes me happy.

Nectar making and searching for amazing recipes while at the same time giving them access to four moodlets... even if it didn't turn out amazing... Good times.

I might have to track down my little note book where I kept track and see if I have any recipes to add.
    edited August 2021
    Anyone playing with vampires? I made an all moodlets thirst replenishing nectar.

Red Cider: 3 Flame Fruit, 1 Life Fruit, 4 Apple, 1 Avornalino, 1 Plasma Fruit
    It appears the above formula for Red Cider also works if you replace the apples with oranges so I'm going to replace the formula for Blood Orange on the original post since this is a superior recipe (being all moodlets).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top