Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should do a stuff pack for men.

Comments

• DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I see where you’re coming from it’s like sometimes you just want clean basics or regular clothes that look like you things you would actually wear (I’d love an actual pair of bootcut jeans), more hoodies and hooded jackets with regular or graphic shirts, maybe denim shorts, shoes of all kinds. Also more jewelry (I wear long necklaces all the time) also lots of hairstyles and facial hair.

This time they could make clothes with male sims in mind first but also make it look good on ladies obviously for ladies

My fashion tends to comfortable/fashionable. I wear teeshirts with prints and necklaces with khaki jogggers and either vans or crocks. I have love colorful items but I’ve been wearing a lot of black and white lately (and I have to dress for comfort right now because I’m in physical therapy and that’s the only time I leave the house, if I have to go somewhere else in the same day I will fix my hair and put a necklace on).

It’s like one of my favorite packs was university life (and I never play the university) because those clothes are actually useable, I’ve at some point seen a person wear something like that.

I also want more jeans for my child sims.

(I feel like some of the later packs clothes are so themed you can only use with sims who live in this pack)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Anything men can do women can do, and men and women can switch clothes now, so why are we complaining about this?
    "Why are we complaining" Maybe because many don't want their male Sims to look like women and want actual content created for male Sims. Pack after pack we never see facial hair added lucky to get 2 hair styles for the male Sims its ridiculous

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited February 2021
    Movotti wrote: »
    There's nothing that men can do, that women can't.
    So I don't see the point of a gendered pack.

Perhaps what you really mean is that you want a butch pack.
    arts-united-states-tara-584.jpg

I dont want a butch pack but i want equality for my masculine sims. Not in what they can or cant do per se but in the * stuff" they have and options available. I want clothing that is sooo much better than what we have in a wider variety of options. My feminine sims can present themselves in many styles , ethnic apparel and fashion trends but my male / masculine sims have little choice.

There are many clothes out there that dont have to be butch or for manly men that are lacking from the game in the mssculine choices. And dont get me started on the lack of jewelery and accessories in the male category ... sigh.

Plus it would be a good pack to introduce body hair for all. Plus way more tattoos and facial hair options.

Representation is being pushed in this game but I struggle to represent the majority of men (or masculine people) i know because of the limited choices.
    @rhalius it wouldn't necessarily exclude women. Many of the options could be for both genders like accessories, body hair , hair and unisex style plain pants and shirts. The men arent offended when female sims get new skirts so why would others care if men got some more pants or shoes (or even the focus for one of the many many packs we have where they arent).

I think more people would use male sims if the options were there instead of having to waste hours cc hunting just to dress them in a modern fun way.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I think we need more clothing for adult males, more dad type clothes that would be worn by middle aged sims. Many of the clothes we have now are only suitable for young adults with the hipster skinny jeans that end above the ankle. We also need some nice Hawaiian shirts and leather biker outfits.
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 455 Member
    Sadly the hipster type clothes fit with the hipster style personality that every single sim has because traits mean nothing.

I believe this is the only game I ever played where I feel like none of the developers ever interacted with a man.
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Honestly... I feel like they’ve done much better with the men in this iteration but it’s definitely still lacking. One of the things I love about this iteration is that making male sims is waaaaay easier for me. There’s so many cute clothing styles and the fact that we have unisex options is even better. But they still need to add more content for male sims. There’s clearly a great disparity even though it has gotten better.

I feel like one way they could fix this is by adding equal amounts of hairstyles and clothes per pack for both the male and female sims. The Sims kind of is viewed as a game for “girls.” Idk why because there’s obviously a lot of males that play this game too and they shouldn’t be neglected. There’s a handful or hairs I can rely on for my male simmies and the rest are all cc so they need to work on that. Last time I checked my hair folder has about 600+ items in it and I’m gonna estimate and say that about 100-150 of them are for male simmies. But who’s making that content? Cc creators... so even they do the same thing. Idk why but they do.

Ooohhh and while we’re at it.... a color wheel would help too. There’s a lot of clothes I have yet to try because it doesn’t pair well with the other clothes my male simmies are wearing at the time.
    p6tqefj
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I think men have lots of nice clothes but not hairstyles and beards, so I want more of those. Also choice of body hair (with or without) would be nice.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    I think men have lots of nice clothes but not hairstyles and beards, so I want more of those. Also choice of body hair (with or without) would be nice.
    Goes to show how people think different I find probably 90% or more probably more of it unusable. To me the color choices they make are just horrible with the limited swatches we get then the even worse patterns everything is skin tight and the endless supply of above the ankle pants is it really that hard for them to create a new mesh so more people and their styles can be represented.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    There's nothing that men can do, that women can't.
    So I don't see the point of a gendered pack.

Perhaps what you really mean is that you want a butch pack.
    arts-united-states-tara-584.jpg

I dont want a butch pack but i want equality for my masculine sims. Not in what they can or cant do per se but in the * stuff" they have and options available. I want clothing that is sooo much better than what we have in a wider variety of options. My feminine sims can present themselves in many styles , ethnic apparel and fashion trends but my male / masculine sims have little choice.

There are many clothes out there that dont have to be butch or for manly men that are lacking from the game in the mssculine choices. And dont get me started on the lack of jewelery and accessories in the male category ... sigh.
    Maybe you should post lots of pics of what you want... Cos, in general, I find plenty for my masculine sims to wear.
    Plus it would be a good pack to introduce body hair for all. Plus way more tattoos and facial hair options.
    I agree that the tattoos are severely lacking.

I wish the game included a trench coat. But that's not specifically masculine.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited February 2021
    My adult male Sims really need new clothes. I don't want to use ripped jeans or too short pants for them, those I use on teens or some young adults. I always end up using same one pair of jeans or couple of trousers that are full length on adults.
    Facial hair is lacking choices and we don't have good long hair for males. There are very few long female hair styles that suit for males too, but most of them are teased and styled the way that looks too done on male Sims. Also clothes that are made for female body in Sims 4 look weird on males (and vice versa).
    I don't want to use CC, so it's not a solution.
    I wouldn't be against a stuff pack for males, but I'd rather want them to just add more things for them on future packs.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    As a simmer who fits into that 'single female who plays mostly female sims' category, I want more realistic and classic clothes for male sims. I would buy that in a heartbeat.
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    I want realistic clothes and I want full outfits for middle-aged/adult sims.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I would definitely like better pants for men.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2021
    TS4: Man Cave Stuff

Gameplay items could be pool table and pinball machine.

Maybe patch in urinals too.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member

They could patch in shaving too. After all ladies have the make-up table. They should give male sims the option to shave.
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    In current political and social climate a masculine pack when there is no feminine pack is never going to happen, even if traditionally masculine items are considerably lower in numbers in the game.

Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    TS4: Man Cave Stuff

Gameplay items could be pool table and pinball machine.

Arcade stuff too. I need more games in game. Tho it could be cave for anyone. :D
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They'll do kit packs for men.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    Maybe they will make one (or more) of the new Kit Packs focused on male sims.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They could patch in shaving too. After all ladies have the make-up table. They should give male sims the option to shave.

Indeed! The game object would be a spring loaded swivel mirror. And it should come with all the things that can go wrong... 🤭
    They can call it The Murphy Mirror.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wish they would do a pack for masculine males. Why do we have to include anything for females in it? Why can't they have their own pack? Female Sims get 99% of content in these games, how is that fair to players who play masculine males? We do exist.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    In current political and social climate a masculine pack when there is no feminine pack is never going to happen, even if traditionally masculine items are considerably lower in numbers in the game.

As much as I'd love to have more male clothing as much as the next person, I have to agree with this comment. If a solely male pack was released, well let's just say stuff would hit the fan. You'd be hearing cries of "the only reason they made a male pack is because most of the gurus are male" or similar nonsense. It's just the way our society works.

What they could do though is pick a theme that is is considered more "masculine" in nature (at least according to society) which would sort of sway the contents more towards the male side of things while not totally excluding female options. Like if the the fashion theme tends to be more associated with males (ie Greasers, Bikers, etc) they could sort of get away with it. Because while there are of course female bikers and greasers, both subcultures tend to presented in media as mostly male meaning the clothing would be closer to 90% male, 10% female instead of the other way around.

Other than collaborating with yet another fashion company (eesh) this is the only way I can think of making a male centered kit could work.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I totally love the women's clothing & hair due to the fact that I mostly play female sims. However, I do think that there needs to be more Men's clothing, hair & beards as well as bringing in body hair. I so don't like my males not having any body hair, they just look like muscular flat chested females.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There's plenty of stuff for men and face it, men do tend to be less interested in fashion... but I wouldn't really say that the stuff for men is MANLY men stuff.

Great if you're playing a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.