Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should do a stuff pack for men.

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Anything men can do women can do, and men and women can switch clothes now, so why are we complaining about this?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Anything men can do women can do, and men and women can switch clothes now, so why are we complaining about this?

@Loanet than why they keep adding 3 times more female hairstyles in each pack, when we get 2/3 male hairs with no new beards?!
    Most people I know don't even have long hair, even my mother, my sister, some of my aunts and female friends. Why focus on adding so many long hairstyles for woman?! At least add stuff that are gender neutral. Also, the female hairstyels always have that weird bum on it to fit the breasts whcih men don't have (usually).
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    It doesn't make sense for their playerbase..it's primarily women aged 18-24, and then after that women aged 25+. These players mostly play with female/feminine Sims. Would a pack with more male hairstyles and fashion be awesome? Sure, but I don't want an exclusively male pack, and it simply wouldn't be profitable.
  • SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    We need body hair for men

We need bodyhair for everyone 😉

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    edited January 2021

It’s hard to believe in this day and age, but a man and a woman are simply not the same thing. Perhaps they can do a lot of the same things, but they are not the same thing.
    Again, I don’t believe a stuff pack for men is the solution, although each pack should provide more for (casual) men in general. This includes body hair. Yes, I get the argument, women have it too, but our male sims are seriously lacking in that department. Let’s be real.

I’m pretty content with the CC that I use, that I feel I need, to make the males somewhat more interesting to me. I feel lucky I’m not playing TS4 on console as I’ve never had any desire in playing with simified Ken dolls, but more options are always welcome.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    what makes me sad about wanting equal amounts of clothes and hairstyles for men and woman is that everytime there's going to be sexist dudes trying to label what is masculine and what isn't and turn the whole discussion into a huge joke that nobody will take seriously.
    Come one, its not about men and woman being different things. They aren't. Its just a blob of meat if a slight different amount of hormones.
    What I'm asking is just that, equal amounts of hair and clothing for men and woman. More short hairstyles made primarily inspired by male hairstyles, but useful to females too. But also long hairstyles that don't have that weird breast gap, and hairstyels with optional accessories. I hate when there's flowers, and bows, and all that stuff. It just makes the hair super specific for a type of human being. Some types of girls won't use it, most men won't use it. Its not about having deep voices, chopping wood in the forest and spitting at the floor. Anyone can do those things, even womens.
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    There's nothing that men can do, that women can't.
    So I don't see the point of a gendered pack.

Perhaps what you really mean is that you want a butch pack.
    arts-united-states-tara-584.jpg

Open a big jar of olives? 😂 I do it all the time for mine!
    rhalius wrote: »
    With how they neglect men so much, maybe a stuff pack just for men could be an idea?

It could come with a free update that adds body hair, the stuff pack could add some additional body hair options and a large selection of facial hair, some new hairstyles too including several balding hairstyles.

And the clothing selection could be chosen by regular men, men who don't care for dumb fashion trends, weird pants, etc. Just regular clothes that regular men like to wear.
    Like some normal jeans in various colours without weird stripes, weird lengths, ripped everywhere or other weird stuff. Maybe some worn old sport shoes, old jackets, some new shirts with prints, and maybe some nice suits.
    Maybe some new hats and sunglasses too, some gloves, maybe tattoos.

For objects maybe a furniture set fit for a bachelor pad, I think sims 3 had something like that in the Diesel pack.

Plenty of it could of course still be used for women but for this stuff pack men could be the focus for once, to finally get them some descent clothes and more beard and hair options.

I love all of this, in fact I specificaly mentionned in many youtubes videos, that I wanted bodyhair so bad, and beards... goates... mustaches... more and more and also, freaking bald patterns hairstyle, when is the last one we got, base game... hum no it the spa day one, and its not looking good as it could... also, its a very needed for older men. Yes, clothing, I notice something, never looks good on big man, or muscular man, the clothes just dont apply well and the textures expand and are too stretch, but its not just a man matters. Yes for freaking diversity, and men are part of it!!!

We have been ignore for too long... its not normal for an expansion pack to release 12 hairstyle for women and 3 for men with no beard at all... snowy escape! and so many more. I dont want equality in this, I dont care for pure equality, but at least having a little more than half what women gets. It is too much ask? Like are we really neglected to this point?
    edited January 2021
    It wouldn’t sell.

OMG it would sell... For sure more than Battu! because not only all men players would like it, but a lot of women too, because they also want more realistic men approach and stuff for them. Is itnt weird that we have hairdryer clutter, make up overhaul, make up clutter objects, make up stations, but we cant get a single shaving clutter object? This game as nothing for us and its time it changes. We are not asking for the world, we ask for simple things to be implement, either in a stuff pack, or I would see it most likely in here and there, spread in different pack, which I would be ok with.

I agree! 😃 But not with the same results! 🤣🤣🤣
    blur0se wrote: »
    just want to point out that women also have body hair...so it shouldn't be restricted to a "men's pack" lol

they have, but little compare to most grown men, and its why we say its a men features, point. No argue with you, just saying. Im a bear, freaking hairy, so, and it looks better on men than female, on my personnal taste, but I agree that female, just like there is the toggle option in the game, would allow female to have as much bodyhair, having their man like dream to be, I dont know why but ok. Lol 😂
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I got the perfect song for this men themed sims pack, this song is from skyrim but it fits the theme, https://youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2GvFJ3vqk
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    That "Men" YouTube was just too funny. :D:p
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    It'd be nice if it was a free update instead of a pack...but I agree. Men are severely lacking when it comes to CAS items. Body hair would also be great.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    As much as I would love that, people would make it a big deal excluding a gender. 😒
  • lesometalesometa Posts: 14 New Member
    Give men more clothes!! And better facial hair options.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Men deserve better clothes, and more, better beards! All my sims are spawning with purple, pink, even green beards, and I'd love for them to have more variety in their wildness lol.
    Seriously though (while I do mean that), we need clothes. I'm sick of all my dudes wearing the same stuff, or similar, all the time. I barely put in an effort to dress them past hair. We need hair too but I think personally it's a little less needed.
    I'd prefer a patch, but I know EA has to make money so I'll be okay with a pack. Body hair if we get it should just not be locked behind a gender thing, that way there's no complaints. Or we can get a pack with body hair as a base game update! Why not, right?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    As a woman Simmer I would like many more really masculine clothes, hairy tattoos, better beards and hairy chests even. There are too many clothes that could be worn by men or women and we do need something butch. How about some leather bicycle jackets etc. They would make some interesting storylines.

I also would like more ordinary clothes for women with longer or knee length dresses too though.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We really could use more genuinely male clothes. Not that I say men can't wear chick stuff but... they could use some.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Now i am curious what hero items and gameplay would be included in such a pack!! :o
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 455 Member
    Well overall I feel the whole pack could be designed with a male audience in mind, of course plenty of stuff could appeal to everyone of course, but as it is they strongly market everything towards women and focus on stuff for women mostly.

So the items and gameplay could focus on more typically masculine activities, which of course women can do too.

Like some stuff to build a man cave or garage, maybe motorcycles along with clothes fit for a biker, and being able to build several kinds of old broken motorcycles and be able to fix them up to something beautiful while developing the handiness skill.
    Maybe have some sort of pin up model posters to put on the walls, nothing inappropriate but clearly something sexy.

Some new sports to practice could also be included, like baseball.
    Kids could play catch with their parents, there could be a junior league for kids and teens to play in and a bunch of new professional sport careers could be added that could function a bit differently since there's less advancement there and it's more on skill. Could be a job that makes a lot of money if they're good but also something that could become hard to keep up with once no longer young adult. So more something that sims could retire earlier from.

But there could also be a boxing ring, Sims could box against each other. Boxing could be one of the new sport careers.
    Or maybe like karate or another martial arts. Possibly a return of Sim Fu, which sims could also use in self defence.

Could also be a new bar venue that could appeal to men, some sort of dive bar where sims might encounter a poolshark or could be the hussling poolshark themselves. Could be sport on the tv there, dart games, and maybe they could add actual alcohol to the game again since sims 1 had it. Let sims have a beer.

Some arcade games could be cool to have too, more videogames would be welcome either way. But I'd love to see arcade games where a sim could sit on a bike or be behind a steering wheel as they play the game, or fire plastic guns at the monitor.

Heck they could revamp the whole way sims play videogames to be more realistic, playing it differently based on genre. And work their traits into it, a hot headed sim should get angry if losing a videogame. The way sims play videogames you'd think EA knows as little about videogames as writers on sitcoms.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    Now i am curious what hero items and gameplay would be included in such a pack!! :o

Lynx deodorant. :lol:
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited February 2021
    With how they neglect men so much, maybe a stuff pack just for men could be an idea?
    It could come with a free update that adds body hair, the stuff pack could add some additional body hair options and a large selection of facial hair, some new hairstyles too including several balding hairstyles.

Official body hair is all that I'm REALLY missing for TS4, and a bit more variety for facial hair. I wonder why haven't they included beard braids with Knitting SP, when they added the Metal station. Wasted chance, would be a perfect match.
    It wouldn’t sell.

While TS4 is heavily marketed towards teen women, the population on websites with 18+ mods shows that there's quite a large male playerbase. However, they may not frequent the official forums much.

----
    Edit: now that I think about it, maybe a Farming pack would help. Farming involves physical labor which would warrant some "heavy-duty" clothes that would look more masculine. The pre-pack patch could then include body hair and some more "bushy" facial hair styles.
    More reasons to want a Farming pack, I guess.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    Maybe have some sort of pin up model posters to put on the walls, nothing inappropriate but clearly something sexy.

Yeah, like this basegame one, but with more variations, such as different girls sitting on the same rocket. 🤭

Pinup.jpg

(I didn’t draw this.) 🤷🏻‍♂️

Terrible jokes aside, I personally believe packs getting a higher % of male CAS items across the board is a better way to move forward.
    One pack dedicated to men is just not enough, because not all men like the same style either. More in every pack. For every fancy pants we need a regular one too. For every fancy beard we need a scraggly one. Weirdo haircut? Give us something “normal” too. Best solution. As long as we’re getting a bigger cut from the Plumbob Pie.

Hero items can be used by all genders. Cars and motorbikes are loved by the ladies too, although stuff like that might make the boys more interested in gameplay, sure, but that shouldn’t matter. (Well it matters to me because I want cars).

Body hair though...I said it before...not gonna say it again...but it better be soon. They should hire Luumia and make it official. 😁
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I've used the base outer space pin-up girl picture for all my SiFi & Futuristic homes.