Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All co-workers on active career are Japanese

KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
Does this happen to anyone else?
After I got Snowy Escape when my Sim started a new active career as a detective and he went to work all his co-workers were Japanese, they all had Japanese names. Everyone.
Also on another save when my Sim went to hospital to give birth all the hospital workers were Japanese, again.
I have nothing against it, I love Snowy Escape and Japanese culture and I have no problem about it, but it seems odd that it has this effect outside Mt. Komorebi.
I don't use any mods, my game is 100% vanilla and my game language is Finnish. I'd just like to know if anyone else has had this happening in their game? Maybe it's only in Finnish version? Or maybe it effects only on Get To Work lots, because it seems only happening on those lots that are hidden on GTW?
It doesn't effect on the saves that I've already started the active careers and my Sims already have co-workers or if they've been to hospital already, it only effects when a Sim goes to hospital to give birth the first time or starts a new active career.

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It happened to me as well, before Snowy Escape all of my Co workers are in Sulanese(Sulanian?) name.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    It happened to me as well, before Snowy Escape all of my Co workers are in Sulanese(Sulanian?) name.
    Oh, this is weird. It never happened with Sulanese names to me. This is the first time. I wonder what causes it?
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think it's just a bug with how the game generates townies, every single townie that generates in my game is a Sulani sim which I suppose makes sense in Sulani but not everywhere else.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    After I got Snowy Escape when my Sim started a new active career as a detective and he went to work all his co-workers were Japanese, they all had Japanese names. Everyone.
    Also on another save when my Sim went to hospital to give birth all the hospital workers were Japanese, again.
    I have nothing against it, I love Snowy Escape and Japanese culture and I have no problem about it, but it seems odd that it has this effect outside Mt. Komorebi.
    I don't use any mods, my game is 100% vanilla and my game language is Finnish. I'd just like to know if anyone else has had this happening in their game? Maybe it's only in Finnish version? Or maybe it effects only on Get To Work lots, because it seems only happening on those lots that are hidden on GTW?
    It doesn't effect on the saves that I've already started the active careers and my Sims already have co-workers or if they've been to hospital already, it only effects when a Sim goes to hospital to give birth the first time or starts a new active career.

Whenever a new culture is introduced (example City Living) we stop getting diversity in our games. When City Living came out all the townies got Middle Eastern names. When we got mermaids and Sulani I got a majority of Polynesian names. It's been a "bug" prevalent for a while. We shouldn't have to add in name generators for diversity or go to the names of our townies and change them just to add in diversity.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    It depends on the workd you play with at first. If you play in mount c then the the game will generate japanese townies who will fill the spots for co workers or any other spot for that matter. Similarly if you were to play at sulani on the beginning of your save then most townies would be sulanese.
  • Options
    waxesnostalgicwaxesnostalgic Posts: 38 Member
    I think the game is probably reading which culture has lowest representation among your townies, though it does tend to go overboard. It wants the townies to have double use, which I do like. When I first got Jungle Adventure (quite a while after it’s initial release) all of my sim’s college roommates had Selvadoradan names. I have since installed Island Living and Snowy Esape and when I generated a new group of university students in a new save they were all from Komorebi, Sulani and San Myshuno.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I disabled City Living for this very reason.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    drakharis wrote: »

Whenever a new culture is introduced (example City Living) we stop getting diversity in our games. When City Living came out all the townies got Middle Eastern names. When we got mermaids and Sulani I got a majority of Polynesian names. It's been a "bug" prevalent for a while. We shouldn't have to add in name generators for diversity or go to the names of our townies and change them just to add in diversity.

I was going to say this but I'm afraid it will offend somebody, but yes everytime we got cultures pack the game stopped being diverse and in term of name or facial structure of townie sims
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I've never noticed any of this happening before in my saves. I play a lot of active careers and I always have at least some diversity on names. Now it's 100% Japanese.
    When I started playing Sims 4 I was annoyed that most of the Sims had Finnish names (my game is in Finnish). I'm a Finn and I wouldn't have been so annoyed if they would've had more name options, but it seemed like they only had few choices of names and a lot of Sims had same names. My Sims always had friends with same names and I had to change them manually. At least now I don't have that problem anymore.
    I've never had problems with City Living and multi cultural names, I love the diversity. I guess I'll have to get used to the all Japanese police station and hospital. No problem. :smiley:
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    I've never noticed any of this happening before in my saves. I play a lot of active careers and I always have at least some diversity on names. Now it's 100% Japanese.
    When I started playing Sims 4 I was annoyed that most of the Sims had Finnish names (my game is in Finnish). I'm a Finn and I wouldn't have been so annoyed if they would've had more name options, but it seemed like they only had few choices of names and a lot of Sims had same names. My Sims always had friends with same names and I had to change them manually. At least now I don't have that problem anymore.
    I've never had problems with City Living and multi cultural names, I love the diversity. I guess I'll have to get used to the all Japanese police station and hospital. No problem. :smiley:

That bolded part annoyed me so much that I had to dl name mod for this game too :D (same thing at TS2)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I noticed an abundance of Japanese names after the pre-Snowy Escape patch, which actually worked out well for my story purposes, as it allowed me to pretend that the spellcaster my initial sim hooked up with was originally from Mt. Komorebi, but it is a little... overbearing.

I think it is a matter of balance to some extent (though this was a brand new save) because when I've noticed it in the past, it's all eventually evened out.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    My Sim just started University. All his dorm mates are Japanese. Looks like my game is fully Japanese now. Konnichiwa. :grin:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I've been wanting to go back to playing my sims with the University. Is the Discover University fixed?
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Yep, my sim has just become a spellcaster and gone to university - the whole of the witching world in Magic HQ, and most of his dorm mates are Japanese.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited December 2020

If you don’t mind taking the time, you might try going into manage household getting rid of some of the workers in the hospital, police department or science lab, and try putting some of your own sims in the game, ( NPC households, make sure you Mark them unplayed) and they may take some of the spots that you got rid of. It’s worth a try.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I found this old bug report for a similar issue, that was fixed in a patch recently. The advise is to create a new bug report, and be detailed about the issue.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-NPC-Households-have-Same-Structure-Appearance-Name-Patch-1/m-p/9716392/highlight/true#M160329

I know the bug forum is ill-structured and that it is unclear from official sources how to report issues; but AHQ Bug section is where bug reports about gameplay is made.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Has anyone ever been able to randomize a Sulani name. It has never happened to me before. I usually have to end up going on the internet to find them.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited December 2020
    At least your sims have co-workers, I seem to have encountered a bug which prevents the game from generating townies to fill job roles. Outside of creating townies with the "story" feature and hoping they get put into the right job, I'm at a loss on what to do. :-/

Edit: The abundance of Japanese names reminds me of when City Living was released, and how there was a massive influx of sims with Japanese or Middle-Eastern sounding names (while none of them looked remotely Japanese or Middle-Eastern), then there was an influx of Sulani sounding names (which again, none of them looked like they were from Sulani). Makes me wonder if the values for names was changed to give a more "authentic" feel to the townie generation, which I suppose is fine if you live in Mt.Komorebi, but if you live in the more Western towns, I can certainly see how immersion-breaking it is.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Has anyone ever been able to randomize a Sulani name. It has never happened to me before. I usually have to end up going on the internet to find them.

No, I have trouble getting non-Western names in the randomizer. It’s all Brandee and Branden, lol.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: