Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires

SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
edited March 7 in Nominated Threads
Just curious. How are the vampires in the Sims 3? I see all the time people saying that Sims 4 vampires are the best but I don’t find them that fun to play because they can’t seem to feed on other sims in private without the whole world finding out so I end up playing them as good vampires only feeding from plasma packs. Is it easier to play like an actual vampire in the Sims 3 like can they feed off of humans secretly?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    They are just normal sims which has pale skin and glowing eyes, they have longer lifespan (x5 of normal) and have a few extra special abilities. They also don't like sun obviously but it does not kill them. Overexposure to sun only causes their needs to decrease more rapidly (This can kill vampires because of low thirst but sun does not kill them directly).

They don't really have that much "secret" thing going on either, they just exist like other sims. And I don't think anyone cares about who feeds on what in this game. The only thing is that when you are a celebrity and bite someone in public, you will get "publicly disgraced". And that is more of a celebrity system thing rather than vampires thing. You can get disgraced by a lot of things, so this is not something that is special to vampires only.

With Supernatural, you get a few social interactions like accuse of being a vampire, deny being a vampire etc but they only affect relationship of the two that are interacting with each other, like all other social interactions. So there is no social disadvantage of being a vampire.

And also I guess you can also get arrested when you "raid" rabbitholes for blood, which I believe only gives you plasma juice, which you can get for free using the refrigerator anyway. Maybe there are other outcomes of this because I did this like maybe 3 times since 2011.

I am personally OK with vampires as they are in The Sims 3, but I don't think they are better than TS4 ones (I never played with TS4 vampires). I usually create them as hybrids with other life states (mostly witch) using NRaas Hybrid and MasterController to add a little bit more depth to them.

Check out this for more info about TS3 vampires: https://www.thesimswiki.com/wiki/Vampire_(The_Sims_3)

There are also mods like this which adds more stuff for vampires: https://modthesims.info/d/648599/enhanced-vampires.html
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I don't know if feeding from a sim affects celebrity vampires in TS3 but without mods, there's no way to drink without permission or turn a sim without permission. Also you get a penalty for being a celebrity occult and woohooing with literally anyone. Just turn off the celebrity system is what I'm saying! The vampires are fine. If you have Supernatural, there's a cute interaction to enthuse about the joys of plasma or whatever with another vampire, but it ends in them toasting their plasma packs, which is the cute part.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Isn't there also a social interaction about admiring dental hygiene (the fangs) or is that for werewolves?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Thank you so much for all your replies. I never really played with occult’s before the Sims 4 but now I have a new interest in them and I want to play them in the Sims 3 too.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Isn't there also a social interaction about admiring dental hygiene (the fangs) or is that for werewolves?

I think? There's also intimidating others.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2020
    And mind control, although to me that's just amusing when it fails more than it is helpful when it works.

Oh, I almost forgot a couple of my favorites of the more subtle things. A toddler vamp will try to bite the head off of their teddy bear while playing with it. And when a dog (or cat?) walks past an unfamiliar sim who happens to be a vamp, they will often get a bat (the animal, not a baseball bat) showing up in their thought bubble because somehow they just know. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I always play them and include them in any of my legacies in Sims 3, they are fun as it is without mod but someone made a mod to add more abilities for them over at mts and it makes them even more engaging to play. I find the cosmetic change (paler skin and glowing eyes) adds to the attractiveness of vampire Sims.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    I don't usually play vampires, but I do remember seeing an amazing picture posted here once with a red glowing vampire that had reached the top of the Criminal career. I think it was Emperor of Evil.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I love my Vampires. I've never played or even watched anything to do with TS4 vampires, as I'm not really interested, but I enjoy TS3 vampires.
    While they do not die from actually being out in the sun too long, doing so will cause their needs to plummet, and it is possible for them to die from thirst.
    I have mods to remove the weird greenish pale skin, and glowing eyes, so they look just like other sims, but they have their supernatural powers still. I also have mods to allow them to drink from any sim, without needing to be friends or anything like that.
    Some of their powers are kind of helpful if you want to know another sim's favourites, or whatnot, but they get a really nice boost to skilling at night time, and can work out without fatigue.

Also I love their hovering above their altars when they 'sleep'
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    They do sound fun. I will definitely give them a try soon.
    edited December 2020
    Pary wrote: »
    I love my Vampires. I've never played or even watched anything to do with TS4 vampires, as I'm not really interested, but I enjoy TS3 vampires.
    While they do not die from actually being out in the sun too long, doing so will cause their needs to plummet, and it is possible for them to die from thirst.
    I have mods to remove the weird greenish pale skin, and glowing eyes, so they look just like other sims, but they have their supernatural powers still. I also have mods to allow them to drink from any sim, without needing to be friends or anything like that.
    Some of their powers are kind of helpful if you want to know another sim's favourites, or whatnot, but they get a really nice boost to skilling at night time, and can work out without fatigue.

Also I love their hovering above their altars when they 'sleep'

@Pary do you perhaps know where I can get that mod for the skin colours? I think I prefer for my vampires to blend in and be more discreet about their existence.
    http://virtualartisan.blogspot.com/2012/04/dead-people-dont-glow.html

I use this one :)

I don't know if you'd be interested, but I like more romantic autonomy in my game so I don't have to micromanage anyone except my own familiy, but I use this mod as it is combined with vampire tweaks as well - http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/3665-more-romantic-autonomy-and-autonomous-vampires-combo-requires-gen-ln-andor-sn-eps-for-some-interactions-update-6-4-15/

and this one, which gives vampires more autonomy to drink from other sims without having to ask, or for being able to turn non playables into vampires too. Not everyone likes that, but I prefer it in my game. And I have yet to have my game be overrun with townie vampires, the mod is fairly restrained - http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/558-autonomous-vampire-mods-requires-late-night-ep/

You will need to register there if you haven't already to look at the mods, but it really is worth it. Bluegenjutsu has some awesome and very helpful mods.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Pary wrote: »
    http://virtualartisan.blogspot.com/2012/04/dead-people-dont-glow.html

I use this one :)

I don't know if you'd be interested, but I like more romantic autonomy in my game so I don't have to micromanage anyone except my own familiy, but I use this mod as it is combined with vampire tweaks as well - http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/3665-more-romantic-autonomy-and-autonomous-vampires-combo-requires-gen-ln-andor-sn-eps-for-some-interactions-update-6-4-15/

and this one, which gives vampires more autonomy to drink from other sims without having to ask, or for being able to turn non playables into vampires too. Not everyone likes that, but I prefer it in my game. And I have yet to have my game be overrun with townie vampires, the mod is fairly restrained - http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/558-autonomous-vampire-mods-requires-late-night-ep/

You will need to register there if you haven't already to look at the mods, but it really is worth it. Bluegenjutsu has some awesome and very helpful mods.

These are great. Thank you so much.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited December 2020
    It was so fun to see other inactive vampire to use vampiric power with free will. I moved to a new empty custom world with my sim families long time ago, and I placed some vamp sims from Bridgeport. When my warlock sims visited a dance club, suddenly one of my sim popped up the heart bobble above his head. I wanted to find who made that to my sim! I had a look entire club lot and there was Beau Merick downstairs was using his vampiric power to my sim upstairs! It was so fun to see that evil Beau Merick was using the power,’make a sim think of me’. He looked happy with that.

Also I have some vamp sims in the sims 4. One of them completed good vampire and friend of everyone aspirations. Since that time, he doesn’t need to drink other sims by force. He simply asks to drink although he has never met the sims, everyone offers their wrist straightaway. My vamp sims rarely drink plasma packs in the sims 4. So easy to play with vamp sims in TS4. It’s so easy for vampires to get distinguished degree in univ, and easy to look after babies as they don’t need to sleep unlike the sims 3 vamps. They get slower with low energy bar in the sims 3.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    It was so fun to see other inactive vampire to use vampiric power with free will. I moved to a new empty custom world with my sim families long time ago, and I placed some vamp sims from Bridgeport. When my warlock sims visited a dance club, suddenly one of my sim popped up the heart bobble above his head. I wanted to find who made that to my sim! I had a look entire club lot and there was Beau Merick downstairs was using his vampiric power to my sim upstairs! It was so fun to see that evil Beau Merick was using the power,’make a sim think of me’. He looked happy with that.

Also I have some vamp sims in the sims 4. One of them completed good vampire and friend of everyone aspirations. Since that time, he doesn’t need to drink other sims by force. He simply asks to drink although he has never met the sims, everyone offers their wrist straightaway. My vamp sims rarely drink plasma packs in the sims 4. So easy to play with vamp sims in TS4. It’s so easy for vampires to get distinguished degree in univ, and easy to look after babies as they don’t need to sleep unlike the sims 3 vamps. They get slower with low energy bar in the sims 3.

I disabled energy and bladder motive for vampire using nraas story progression. I got the same benefit from the sims 4 vamps
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    edited December 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    These are great. Thank you so much.

I forgot to mention, sometimes the Dead People Don't Glow mod appears to not work on game load. It is working, just send your sim to a mirror, or use NRAAS "Edit in CAS" option, and then just tick out of it. You don't need to change anything. They will also always look like a glowy vampire in CAS and in the headshot for the pie menu when you click on things, but they should look like normal sims in game.

If, like me, you reset your town once a sim week, or at any time really, using Master Controller, it will again revert your sim to having greeny skin. Just send them back to the mirror.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm considering doing a vampire legacy, myself. But I'm not 100% set on it yet.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top