Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can’t Play Sims 4 in Fullscreen Mode

I can’t play Sims 4 in Fullscreen mode on my laptop. When I change the setting to Fullscreen in Options it immediately reverts back to Windowed mode.

Anyone know what the deal is?

I just want to be able to use edge-scrolling and that only works in Fullscreen mode.

Comments

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have to play in full screen windowed mode. I can edge scroll. I have to play in windowed mode for some reason I can't remember the exact reason for years now. It was something to do with mouse clicking. I can't remember but if I go to full screen some things can't be clicked on. There is also an issue with saving and the button does not work for me in straight full screen. So again, yes I can edge scroll in full screen window mode.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    There is an app you can download that makes windowed games borderless so you can edge scroll. I have to use it for TS3 to prevent tearing while zooming.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I always play in full-screen mode on my laptop so I don't think it's because it's a laptop. I am not sure what kind of video you have but you may want to check your video card settings and see if something there is causing the problem.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I have to play in full screen windowed mode. I can edge scroll. I have to play in windowed mode for some reason I can't remember the exact reason for years now. It was something to do with mouse clicking. I can't remember but if I go to full screen some things can't be clicked on. There is also an issue with saving and the button does not work for me in straight full screen. So again, yes I can edge scroll in full screen window mode.

Fullscreen Windowed mode? What's that? How can you edge scroll still if you're just in Windowed mode?
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    You may have a setting in Windows itself (unwanted) that has the Windows screen over-ride the game and force it into windowed mode. Very irritating, yes.
    It's supposed to be "auto-smart-apps-updates" for your computer of any style, desktop laptop, tablet, phone, etc. Because most people let their device think for them and just accept it now a days. :|:#

There's been alot of "updates" now that make things more controlled on your device since more people than ever are constantly on their internet device. Gives "comfort" to people with the current 'situation' in the world I suppose.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png