Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aliens are terrorizing my ... aliens.

I started a new save to play a Build The World Alien challenge. I started with 8 aliens in one household in Newcrest and now have extended to 3 households, all inhabited by aliens.

Well I guess their relatives back home on Sixam miss them a lot. Every night one or more sims from the house I am playing gets abducted. One night, three sims were taken, with two of them gone at the same time!

I checked my MCCC setting to make sure it was on normal maxis setting for alien abduction and not some crazy invasion setting.

I'm not complaining, if my sims get pregnant from abduction it will help with keeping sims unrelated. I just find it amusing that my poor aliens are gone every night. Does everyone else find that their alien households get more abductions than other sims?

Comments

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I started a family with an adult couple and two teens, and one of the teens was an alien. The father got abducted about a week in, and was impregnated.

In another save a sim got abducted and impregnated after his son married an alien.

I’m pretty sure I had one abduction triggered by a sim becoming friends with an alien coworker, but she was a female sim and I hadn’t enabled that so she didn’t get pregnant.

I guess the more your sim interacts with aliens the more the game thinks you want abductions, so keeping alien babies is like catnip to them!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I started a family with an adult couple and two teens, and one of the teens was an alien. The father got abducted about a week in, and was impregnated.

In another save a sim got abducted and impregnated after his son married an alien.

I’m pretty sure I had one abduction triggered by a sim becoming friends with an alien coworker, but she was a female sim and I hadn’t enabled that so she didn’t get pregnant.

I guess the more your sim interacts with aliens the more the game thinks you want abductions, so keeping alien babies is like catnip to them!

I'm interacting with nothing but aliens lol. Sadly no pregnancies from it yet but I'm hoping now my houses are spread out and not max 8 sim.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,573 Member
    Abductions have been a lot more frequent and I've even had Sims get abducted multiple times. It's a weird interaction because the sim can be doing something and all of the sudden they just walk aside to an abduction. I always thought it was based on getting caught outside. I dont use any mods like MCCC so it's just the game doing it. Never had my alien get abducted though!
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I’ve had aliens abducted, but usually just the ones who are married to other aliens.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited November 2020
    One of my Sims got abducted after his sister started going out with an alien, who came over for Harvestfest and brought her brother with her. He kept the nooboo, and after I moved them into a different house, I noticed that abductions happened more often for that household than any of my other ones, especially after alien nooboos #2 and #3 were born.

I don’t remember if I messed with my MCCC settings, but last time I played that save, his oldest alien daughter was getting abducted a lot too, and since she can’t get pollinated, I just interpreted it as her relatives coming to check on her.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited November 2020
    Whenever I've had an alien abducted, I've always played it as the sim being called to check in on Sixam.

Maybe someone isn't happy with their progress? :smiley:

And yes, households with Aliens do seem to get abducted more often than other households.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Whenever I've had an alien abducted, I've always played it as the sim being called to check in on Sixam.

Maybe someone isn't happy with their progress? :smiley:

And yes, households with Aliens do seem to get abducted more often than other households.

Ha Ha yes I play it off as relatives or the boss calling them back for a progress report. I just had 3 sims all abducted at the same time so I don't think the boss is happy!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,950 Member
    edited November 2020
    CelSims wrote: »
    Well I guess their relatives back home on Sixam miss them a lot.

Aunt Pollinator is throwing mad party and you must attend you got no choice she even made cake :lol:

though id also like to pretend those are different alien colony cause our aliens can't abduct so clearly these other aliens must be their enemy species not sticking to rules

everything is possible in love and the space wars
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I started a new save to play a Build The World Alien challenge. I started with 8 aliens in one household in Newcrest and now have extended to 3 households, all inhabited by aliens.

Well I guess their relatives back home on Sixam miss them a lot. Every night one or more sims from the house I am playing gets abducted. One night, three sims were taken, with two of them gone at the same time!

I checked my MCCC setting to make sure it was on normal maxis setting for alien abduction and not some crazy invasion setting.

I'm not complaining, if my sims get pregnant from abduction it will help with keeping sims unrelated. I just find it amusing that my poor aliens are gone every night. Does everyone else find that their alien households get more abductions than other sims?

I have only ever had one Sim get abducted, the night before his wedding! Thank goodness he didn't return preggers but I am not immune to the idea of seeing someone like... say.... Bob Pancakes get abducted and impregnated >:)
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Not my aliens, but the wife of my one alien gets abducted almost every night.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I have married aliens couple and they're abducted often, sometimes at the same time. :D

iHl86qo.png
    Wolfium wrote: »
    I have married aliens couple and they're abducted often, sometimes at the same time. :D

iHl86qo.png

That's an amazing picture! I'm glad it's not just my poor aliens. I wish they could text Pollinator #3 and tell her E.T. doesn't want to come home.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    My alien just got abducted and :D obviously pregnant. Whaat? But they're neither male nor female, because I made this alien race monogendered in CAS in custom gender settings. I set gender as female but changed options bellow. Just looked in show sims info, and found trait_isPregnant_Alien_Abduction. I thought it possible only for males.

w1UXHl3.png
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Sounds like the alien experiment I did in Sims 2. I got 8 different guys abducted and binned one by one so I could put them all together in one neighborhood and the fathering Pollination Technician would not register as the same person. I breeded them and watched the genetics. It was lots of fun.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited November 2020
    Not mine. My sims rarely get abducted. because one of the spouses is a scientist and has the satellite on the setting to keep them from getting abducted. I've only had two abductions prior but that was when I first started playing a new house hold and the sim had no skills but got abducted but they did not impregnate him but did boost his skill gain temporarily. The other one was an infected sim from Strangerville.

iHl86qo.png

Kind of looks like a war of the worlds scenario. xD Nice pic though!
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

edited November 2020
    My alien just got abducted and :D obviously pregnant. Whaat? But they're neither male nor female, because I made this alien race monogendered in CAS in custom gender settings. I set gender as female but changed options bellow. Just looked in show sims info, and found trait_isPregnant_Alien_Abduction. I thought it possible only for males.

w1UXHl3.png

Maybe the way the game determines eligibility for abduction pregnancy is more to do with what 'equipment' the sim has rather than the actual gender setting. If you have MCCC you can also change the settings so any gender can get abduction pregnant.

I had a whole sim week without an abduction! But I was playing a house that was 6 toddlers which I assume can't be abducted and one of the adults was constantly working overtime.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I never get alien anductions in my games unless i play the astronaut or science careers or i am playing an alien or have alien friends. In my not so berry save: first gen is scientist and married sn alien - 2 abductions. 2nd gen human child is politician and marries human - no abductions. 3rd gen human child marries alien has one hybrid and 2 alien children and works as astronaut. Family has multiple alien friends - lots of abductions! I am just about to start the 4th gen who is an alien so I assume he may get abducted.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I had an elderly male get abducted this week and return pregnant! I didn't know elders could become pregnant!!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Haha I had a similar thing happen when I was playing alien households. I suppose that their alien friends trigger the abductions. I had my fist alien pregnancies in that save.