Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Adventures w/ career ideas

I would love to see a World Adventures style pack (after generations ofcourse 😉). I have put considerable thought into this and I hope you will enjoy reading my ideas.

New Careers
Travel Blogger- this would run similar to the social media career in that you would need to develop a following. Sims can choose between working from home or traveling for work. When working from home they may be sent to specific lot types or festivals to post reviews. Sims can upload travel vlogs or blog about specific destinations traveled to in order to increase followers. Eventually sims choose between being a family travel blogger or an independent travel blogger which would affect content. Occassionally sims may be given sponsorships with create a sim style outfits. Kids and especially teens can react negatively to having to wear certain things.

Animal Conservationist- This would be an active travel required career. Similar to the doctor branch in order to move up on occasion you will have to travel to one of the three new destinations to do animal conservation work. Sims would travel to a special lot where they would interact with various animals as well as do environmental improvements. I think it would be interesting if this could play out like some sort of story mode as I know many people have expressed an interest in this style of gameplay.

Travel Planner- Again this job would require travel. A storyline style play could also be interesting here or some sort of predetermined vacation package that sims would do based on location choosen. Sims in this career branch would also work from home booking travel packages for people. They would get special abilities like being able to check weather at destinations and festival schedules via the computer

New family Gameplay elements
Ability for kids to homeschool or learn virtually.

Kids can meet other kids in destination worlds and ask them to be penpal and occassionally send each other letters and post cards. I also think it would be neat if down the line these same kids pop up at university if your sim kids go there.

Teens can have whirlwind travel romances with ability to sneak out and attend special social events if they get high enough friendship level with a local team. Sims can get a sad moodlet after travel from missing the person or the end of long distance relationship.

Kids and up can develop a well travelled trait allowing them to talk about travel, gain culture skills faster, a happy moodlet when traveling, and no homesickness.

Teens can develop an online platform and become travel influencers as well, increasing fame if get famous is installed.

Comments

• MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    edited November 2020
    I know chances are we wouldn't see this much content in one expansion pack but we should. Anyways let me put away my soap box...
    I came up with 3 worlds for this expansion pack. It was not easy to narrow it down since the world is full of wonderful cultures and places.

Please note that I do not live in any of these destinations. I am a travel enthusiast and while I have traveled and studied abroad these are not my cultures. My intention is to celebrate and learn more about these destinations.

World 1- African Inspired
    I love the idea of a swimmable beach area with penguins. I think it would be cute for toddlers to have special interactions with the penguins like to copy their movement or something. Geographically however I'm not sure that we could fit beaches and safaris.
    A game reserve area would be a major element in this world and also lend itself to the Animal Conservationist career. Sims would ride in safari vehicles to look for "the big 5" as well as other animals such as zebra and buffalo etc. Sims wouldn't get to see every animal everytime this requiring multiple safaris over multiple savannahs.
    New lot type- animal sanctuary. Would work along with conservation career as well as a place for sims to visit and learn about animals.
    I would really like something similar to the giraffe hotel. Not as a hotel bc hoteld should come in their own game pack. Perhaps a lot where sims can take tea and giraffes would frequent the lot.
    New lot type- Market. A place to interact with local sims. Learn about the culture. Development of culture skill. Opportunity to learn African folktales, weaving, beading. Ability to purchase unique products such as wood carved animals, figures, chess boards, coffee, wine, area specific candy. Area specific food options. Occassionally festivals could occur here or near here. Inclusion of drumming, dancing. New radio station.
    Build/buy additions to include big lodge style items and glamping items. African style art.

More to follow... two more destinations 😬
    Post edited by MichelleW on
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Oh, good ideas.
    I would also wish them to unlock the dig site spawner from Jungle Adventures pack Archeology skill, to debug menu, so that it can be placed in other worlds; and add appropriate objects to find from it, for the world visited.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I like the idea of a whirlwind romance but I don't think it should just be for teens. I also love the idea of a travel planner and having to travel to do research and find accommodations and experience at a variety of budgets for other sims.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    Oh, good ideas.
    I would also wish them to unlock the dig site spawner from Jungle Adventures pack Archeology skill, to debug menu, so that it can be placed in other worlds; and add appropriate objects to find from it, for the world visited.

I feel like the sims team misses the mark by not doing stuff like this more often. By including elements from other packs it becomes a selling point and encourages people to go back and buy packs they do not yet own. I absolutely agree.
    I like the idea of a whirlwind romance but I don't think it should just be for teens. I also love the idea of a travel planner and having to travel to do research and find accommodations and experience at a variety of budgets for other sims.

Yes I like the idea of including teen and up in this whirlwind romance idea.
    World 2- Greece inspired area

An area inspired by Mykonos. Think white buildings, flowering trees, windmills, crystal blue waters, cafe tables next to the sea...
    Inclusion of a new skill- sailing. Boats that can accommodate 2 sims, up to 6/8 sims. Once sailing skill is high enough sims can sail to a secret area which would be secluded beach style area.
    Seals, sea turtles. Hyacinth, daffodils, orchids, ferns

An area inspired by Pindos National Park. Greece has the highest biodiversity in Europe. This area would be the working area for the Conservationist career as well as a place to see brown bear, lynx, wolf. Animal tracking could be part of this pack and part of this area.
    Rugged mountains with black pines and oak forest

Historical area/special lot with something like the Acropolis.

Market lot for Greece- Learn about Greek Gods or Astronomy, crafting-beading. Purchase items special to this world such as olive oils, cheeses, honey, soaps, coffee, wine.
    Inclusion of picnic baskets. Greek food (so many options of what they could include bc Greek food is amazing)
    Cooking classes?

Oh, I would love some more world specific flora, gardening is so fun, both in TS4 and TS3. They could make a new template for the plant, to separate it from the ones already in game, I think there are only two, three different ones in look.

And all the decorative plants inspired by different regions to build with. It is a nicely painted picture, of Greece, white walls and pines. To have the ability to use texture on walls, to simulate handmade buildings and their rough exterior, would be a great addition to that. Or just more decorative objects to place on the façade to get the look.

And yes, all sorts crosspack features are always appreciated.
    Thank you for the kind words and for reading along 😊

Last World- Costa Rica inspired

Activity rich world- white water rafting, class 1-3
    Tree top walkways, zip lining
    Hike to a swimmable waterfall
    Cliff jumping
    Kayaking
    Surfing, surf lessons

Lush landscape with tropical birds
    Area inspired by the chocolate rainforest
    Swimmable beach area (Hammocks)
    City type area with art museum, butterfly house

Sail to area inspired by Tortuga Island- empty lush beach area

Wildlife refuge area- monkeys, sloths,
    sea turtle rescue

Market area- Copo (shaved ice treat), learn salsa dancing, learn legends, learn new wood carving recipes. Purchase unique items, coffee, candy, wooden items, ceramics. Local foods
    Festivals could occur at or near market area.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    edited November 2020
    I would love a World Adventures inspired pack. With similar tasks and the depth that this expansion had. It remains my favourite pack till this day.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    World adventure was and is still is an awesome and big expansion pack, I haven't fully explored that pack and my favorite is France. I really want them to do pack like this for Sims 4, and not just adding 1 world with 1 temple nd call it a day.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    edited November 2020
    You have such good ideas.

Yes, butterfly spawners would be great, and unlocked in debug menu to use when building.

I would love for the museum lot assignment to get more items, I really liked the world miniature in Cats and Dogs world.
    Edit: And it would be great with some further reason besides the player's entertainment, for the sims to visit a museum. Perhaps when viewing different objects they get different moodlets, learn a new skill, or get certain whims.

And the wildlife rescue could be a new career, and the Policies from Island Living conservationist career could be expanded upon.

And for Tortuga they could add lots of pirate associative objects in BB and CAS! Or even make it a new active career!