Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if sims could call a doctor?

leena3leena3 Posts: 31 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
We already know that doctors (when they are at work on a hospital) can make visits to some random home and cure sims. What if sims could call a doctor when they are sick at home and have a doctor come to their home and give proper care? I would love that!

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    Oh, I like that, and'll take it and raise it to a hospital! I've played through the vet clinic and it is really cute, I would prefer sims though, as patients. I wouldn't even mind the equivalent of Brindleton Bay everywhere, sims moping around with running noses. Even better would be if the illnesses they got were on the more serious side, and that they sometimes would be unable to cure.
  • LillCC7LillCC7 Posts: 13 New Member
    I wish my sim could be ill for real and had to stay in bed for a day or two. Also, would be nice to be able to relax in bed. I don't usually pay much attention when my sim is feeling ill for a few hours without any need for a cure or rest.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited November 2020
    I just thinking about this today lol I really wish we can take our Sick Sim to the doctor or call a doctor home to cure our Sick Sims especially if the medication they ordered dosen't help. Also I want Grandma's Chicken Noodles Soup from the sims 2to make a come back. Also Sick Sims can be assigned a few sick days off from school and work to get better and also catch up on some homework and skills to get a promotion at work.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    I would love to go to the hospital! My Sims can work there, however they can only go there for giving birth! That is sad :/
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I know, I work my sims up the highly realistic ladder of mopping puddles and mending machinery, and when they are a surgeon and get sick, they put their high educated trust to potions bought on the web..!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I want a Doc In A Box game pack. Not only can your sim be a doctor but he can own, hire and run their own office. It would be set up the same as the Vet career only for humans.

Your sim (as a doctor) can examine patients, prescribe meds that show up in a sims inventory and x-ray broken bones and provide a cast (boot or glove) and also remove it with a saw (and maybe a hammer and chisel). Doctor sims can also give pregnancy tests (or confirm) and give expectant mothers a sonogram (which they can show to others).

Your sim as a patient can travel to the office and check in. Be examined, get shots (to travel), get x-rays and get a pregnancy test with a sonogram. Actual baby deliveries and other major illnesses would still be the purview of the hospital.
  • Hope8Hope8 Posts: 46 Member
    > @leena3 said:
    > We already know that doctors (when they are at work on a hospital) can make visits to some random home and cure sims. What if sims could call a doctor when they are sick at home and have a doctor come to their home and give proper care? I would love that!

I like this idea! I also think it would be great that if a husband is a doctor and the wife is going to have their baby, he could deliver it at the hospital.
  • Simsplayer075Simsplayer075 Posts: 2 New Member
    And maybe call the ambulance, go to hospital, maybe need of ICU.
    The doctor may suggest cure, give medicines when the sims are ill
    When they play sports, like basketball or ice skating and got injured, the doctor may use bandages, casts, or splints, cervical collar, crutches, wheelchairs
    I think that it would be great
  • BloodWolfSavageBloodWolfSavage Posts: 2 New Member
    These are some of the many additions I would love to see in the game. I believe these should be in an update, not in the little kits. The packs are expensive and they add up. Although I appreciate the time EA has put into giving us these expansions and they need a profit. Some of these should have already been included in the pack (doctor career area and the everyday life of the sims)

-More sicknesses like normal

-Flu, Stomach ache, etc. (seasonal)

-kids can get sick and you can take them to the doctor

-Tissues, vitamins, more medicine to buy and (so the doctor career is improved too)

-Wheel chairs, health problems (genetically), walkers, canes, casts, crutches, injuries (in addition to the dangers) like.... Jungle Adventure, working out, climbing mountains, sunburn from the beach/ocean etc.

-More Immersion

I love realism. I don't want to use mods for every little thing I feel should have already been in the game. Although I appreciate the game creators for bringing us the sims its expensive and we deserve our moneys worth :)

Haha maybe ill become a Modder if anyone has any tips for that send them my way.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    One of my sims is a doctor, and I love following him to work. However, it annoys me that my sims can't go to the hospital when sick or call a doctor to come to them. He played soccer at university and got hurt a few times. I would've preferred to send him to the hospital to get a cast. I'd love to see this improved. It was really cute when my Sim's sister had her baby because I sent her to the hospital, and he delivered her baby. The careers could use an overhaul.