Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing Multiple families?

SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
Is this at achievable in the Sims 3 without my current sim family progressing with out me? The only reason I ask this is because I would really like to interfere with the townies and make sure that Mortimer Goth ends up marrying Bella Bachelor when they grow up.

It would seem weird to me if they got paired off randomly to other sims. Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Is this at achievable in the Sims 3 without my current sim family progressing with out me? The only reason I ask this is because I would really like to interfere with the townies and make sure that Mortimer Goth ends up marrying Bella Bachelor when they grow up.

It would seem weird to me if they got paired off randomly to other sims. Thanks for any replies.

I play with progression off. I have 23 different families, their bios all intertwined and bounce from one to the other. Since I play without any mods whatsoever, the only thing that annoys the heck out of me is the game keeps giving the families I'm not playing cats and dogs. Which I have to "get rid of" when I get back to that family. It's a little cumbersome sometimes but works for me.

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Maybe NRaas story progression mod? Your answer might be here.

https://www.nraas.net/community/Story-Progression-Rotational-Caste-Settings

Thank you so much. I already have the mod. I will do some reading up on what I can do with it.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    and you can also use Nrass Master Controller, you can basically interfere without switching to that household, just click on computer or city hall to set up a relationship between sims, what career they should choose, should they get instantly promoted, setup gender preference of sims or randomize all undecided gender preference and whatnot.

though oddly everytime i play a new save in sunset valley with nraas sp, mortimer and bella always ends up marrying each other, and their first child is always female and the second is male, it's random whether they will have another child after that but in my game their third is a twin of male and female.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    izecson wrote: »
    and you can also use Nrass Master Controller, you can basically interfere without switching to that household, just click on computer or city hall to set up a relationship between sims, what career they should choose, should they get instantly promoted, setup gender preference of sims or randomize all undecided gender preference and whatnot.

though oddly everytime i play a new save in sunset valley with nraas sp, mortimer and bella always ends up marrying each other, and their first child is always female and the second is male, it's random whether they will have another child after that but in my game their third is a twin of male and female.

This is even better. I have no actual interest in playing with them. All I want is to make sure they get together just for my peace of mind. :D
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »

This is even better. I have no actual interest in playing with them. All I want is to make sure they get together just for my peace of mind. :D

it is one of the essentials mods for TS3 imo and it's much more versatile and solid compared that of a TS4 equivalent of master controller.

my playstyle is similar to you, I do care for the townies but dont want to play the household just to setup some story, thankfully we have nraas sp and mc to support the playstyle.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Sharonia I do what izecson suggests. I hate not controlling the main family but love meddling in the lives of my townies. I am always pairing sims I think should be together, or breaking apart those who shouldn't. I also change the careers of some when I can see no possible reason why they have been placed as they have.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited October 2020
    I always refer people to this website as it's helped me understand how rotational play, plays out, as well as how to set up all the different nraas mods.
    https://simsarahsarah.tumblr.com/howiplay
    I always refer people to this website as it's helped me understand how rotational play, plays out, as well as how to set up all the different nraas mods.
    https://simsarahsarah.tumblr.com/howiplay

Thank you so much.