Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Pre Expansion Patch Speculation 2020 (Emergency Patch Out Now)

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I'm almost sure that lifestyles and sentiments will be a patch addition. I think so cause there are no mentions at all of it in any trailer. Not even in the blog notes...

I read that Sentiments, not Lifestyles, will be patched in the base game. Lifestyles are exclusive to the pack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,685 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @catloverplayer Thank you so much for posting your source on the platforms coming in the pre-patch for SE, very much appreciated! :) I had no idea SC had the ear of a SimGuru to get insider information. Very happy news! Looking forward to the new gameplay trailer and livestream for more details.
    I'm just wondering why we haven't seen a gameplay trailer SE yet.

It released Today
  • Options
    waxesnostalgicwaxesnostalgic Posts: 38 Member
    I noticed in one description of the platforms it mentioned putting plants on them. So does that mean they are like real Japanese platforms which are not for people to walk on? That will definitely limit their usability in builds if that is the case.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what else will be in the patch? I know that:
    1. Sentiments
    2. Platforms
    3. Rentable houses in all worlds

Are all going to be in the patch. Is there anything else we know of yet?

I’m much more interested in the patch than the pack.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    1. Sentiments
    2. Platforms

Are sentiments in the patch confirmed?
  • Options
    1. Sentiments
    2. Platforms

Number 2 and 3 are confirmed.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm almost sure that lifestyles and sentiments will be a patch addition. I think so cause there are no mentions at all of it in any trailer. Not even in the blog notes...

I read that Sentiments, not Lifestyles, will be patched in the base game. Lifestyles are exclusive to the pack.

Oh ok... i initially just saw the twitter version of the gameplay trailer...
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    1. Sentiments
    2. Platforms

Wow! The patch sounds awesome. The rentable homes in the patch? I wasn't expecting that one. Im only sad about the lifestyles. They sound cool, but at this particular moment in my life i don't think it's enough to justify a 40euros purchase as im not very interested in the rest...
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited October 2020
    what exactly is the difference in Sentiments and lifestyles?

by the way is it not a little ironic that the predecessor package has the name LIFESTYLE and unfortunately the system only came after it? I really wanted to believe that this expansion system had crossover features with the predecessor packages
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I think it might add new hair colors. In the trailer there were some sims with dirty blonde/light brown hair and also pastel green hair. It could be locked to those specific hair styles (like ombre hairs), but it could also be new colors for all hairs added with the patch.
  • Options
    akaseven wrote: »
    what exactly is the difference in Sentiments and lifestyles?

by the way is it not a little ironic that the predecessor package has the name LIFESTYLE and unfortunately the system only came after it? I really wanted to believe that this expansion system had crossover features with the predecessor packages

It is a weird coincidence. I guess the word Lifestyle is popular right now? Maybe if you have both Snowy Escape and Eco Lifestyle, there will be an actual Eco Lifestyle lol?

Sentiments sounds more like memories you can share with other sims and reminisce over. I hope they're good!

Lifestyles look pretty dull, and sound like a combination of traits and aspirations? I'm not sure what the difference between the traits/ aspirations and lifestyles will be. The actual lifestyles sound pretty bland too.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    1. Sentiments
    2. Platforms

Wow! The patch sounds awesome. The rentable homes in the patch? I wasn't expecting that one. Im only sad about the lifestyles. They sound cool, but at this particular moment in my life i don't think it's enough to justify a 40euros purchase as im not very interested in the rest...

I'll be eagerly awaiting the patch, and waiting to buy Snowy Escape on sale. The patch sounds really good. I think there may also be skin and hair improvements too?
  • Options

This is the article that the quote came from if anyone is wondering: https://screenrant.com/sims-4-snowy-escape-preview-snowboarding/

It seems that Screen Rant had access to the pack before it was released.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Does anyone know if you can place platforms on the second, third and fourth story of a house?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,679 Member
    edited October 2020
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can place platforms on the second, third and fourth story of a house?

James Turner preview video showed platforms on the second floor instead of roof, so I guess it's possible.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,294 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

James Turner preview video showed platforms on the second floor instead of roof, so I guess it's possible.

Oh cheers! I think I actually saw a pic of this but I didn't really put two and two together... I hope we can build them on the inside on the second/third/fourth story...
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,679 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Oh cheers! I think I actually saw a pic of this but I didn't really put two and two together... I hope we can build them on the inside on the second/third/fourth story...

I think they will work like in TS2 and it will be possible to build walls all around them.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited October 2020
    In a video Plumbella showed a picture where the CAS trait panel was smudged out.
    And then in a picture of the new sim info panel I noticed there are four CAS traits instead of three.

So I think they will give us an extra trait slot in the patch

Edit: Come to think of it in all the videos I've seen they all managed to avoid showing the trait selection panel so if anyone does find one that does show it please link that would be amazing.
    Post edited by Paralee on
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Paralee wrote: »
    In a video Plumbella showed a picture where the CAS trait panel was smudged out.
    And then in a picture of the new sim info panel I noticed there are four CAS traits instead of three.

So I think they will give us an extra trait slot in the patch

Edit: Come to think of it in all the videos I've seen they all managed to avoid showing the trait selection panel so if anyone does find one that does show it please link that would be amazing.

https://youtu.be/WfNlilzbDPU?t=56
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    I could see then adding the ability of going into vacation to any world.

I was spot on. 😛
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited November 2020
    Paralee wrote: »
    I saw a screenshot in another thread - the fourth trait is a toddler trait, so instead of fixing the bug with toddler traits appearing for adult sims, it can obviously bug in a whole new way to make a sim appear like they had 4 traits.
    Correction: I got baited by a toddler trait (fussy) having the same icon as adult trait (mean). My explanation is busted. Still, I think it likely some kind of bug with the trait system - if there was a way to have 4 traits, they'd likely announce it.
    Post edited by TomasGrizzly on
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I hope we can use the platforms to make an in depth flat roof - if that makes sense. Sometimes putting half-walls around the top of a room looks off depending on a build.
  • Options
    I hope we can use the platforms to make an in depth flat roof - if that makes sense. Sometimes putting half-walls around the top of a room looks off depending on a build.

I think the EP actually is coming with flat roofs.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

I think the EP actually is coming with flat roofs.

Didn’t James Turner say he was just using the platform tool for that in his starter home build?