Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Pre Expansion Patch Speculation 2020 (Emergency Patch Out Now)

Comments

  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,306 Member
    edited October 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    so it seems instead of actual split level there is a platform in the pack huh... not sure how i feel about that o_O I guess its a start but worried it will be restrictive in terms of shapes
    I think having a platform would be a great idea. It's better than having to make a foundation and removing part of it to create a step-down inside the house.

    i mean obviously its better than what we have now but what I am thinking about is how this platform thing works and if it has set shapes so i can't for example apply it to rounded room then that is a bummer

    or if you can only have it in specific colors or styles thats also : |

    +if it affects routing in any way that is irritating

    you just see it used in particular ways in the trailer and it worries me a little

    also i think i only saw one height for the platform which ... i hope is not the only one


    You can see in this picture below that there are several heights for the platforms. There is first height just before you enter the tatami area and a second height in the fireplace area. Third height is near the shoes, where the flower vase is placed. It appears to be surrounded by short wall and covered with wallpapers. They appear to be customizable like the foundation and short walls too, in that you can put floor tiles on them and wall paper on the sides, and choose wall trimmings like for short walls.

    TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-392.jpg

    sht.png

    TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-268.jpg

    In the picture with kitchen counters, you can see best that there is a short wall behind the counter and the platform below and it's border extends a bit out from the floor area.
    Sims-SE02.png

    The train station appears to use platforms a lot too.
    TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-093.jpg


    oh actually im just blind it seems
    it looks pretty nice from these and sorts out most of the question marks

    though still really wish it can be applied to rounded rooms or maybe even more like the round deck with smooth edges way but well time will tell

    also btw i think the shelf with "jam making?" is for tea but idk if its gonna be decorative only and make me sad
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    so it seems instead of actual split level there is a platform in the pack huh... not sure how i feel about that o_O I guess its a start but worried it will be restrictive in terms of shapes
    I think having a platform would be a great idea. It's better than having to make a foundation and removing part of it to create a step-down inside the house.

    i mean obviously its better than what we have now but what I am thinking about is how this platform thing works and if it has set shapes so i can't for example apply it to rounded room then that is a bummer

    or if you can only have it in specific colors or styles thats also : |

    +if it affects routing in any way that is irritating

    you just see it used in particular ways in the trailer and it worries me a little

    also i think i only saw one height for the platform which ... i hope is not the only one


    You can see in this picture below that there are several heights for the platforms. There is first height just before you enter the tatami area and a second height in the fireplace area. Third height is near the shoes, where the flower vase is placed. It appears to be surrounded by short wall and covered with wallpapers. They appear to be customizable like the foundation and short walls too, in that you can put floor tiles on them and wall paper on the sides, and choose wall trimmings like for short walls.

    TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-392.jpg

    sht.png

    TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-268.jpg

    In the picture with kitchen counters, you can see best that there is a short wall behind the counter and the platform below and it's border extends a bit out from the floor area.
    Sims-SE02.png

    The train station appears to use platforms a lot too.
    TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-093.jpg


    oh actually im just blind it seems
    it looks pretty nice from these and sorts out most of the question marks

    though still really wish it can be applied to rounded rooms or maybe even more like the round deck with smooth edges way but well time will tell
    I'm more curious about that ramp that's seen in the train station screenshot. I'm wondering if that ramp is only for the train station or will it be a build object like stairs in build catalog.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,306 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    so it seems instead of actual split level there is a platform in the pack huh... not sure how i feel about that o_O I guess its a start but worried it will be restrictive in terms of shapes
    I think having a platform would be a great idea. It's better than having to make a foundation and removing part of it to create a step-down inside the house.

    i mean obviously its better than what we have now but what I am thinking about is how this platform thing works and if it has set shapes so i can't for example apply it to rounded room then that is a bummer

    or if you can only have it in specific colors or styles thats also : |

    +if it affects routing in any way that is irritating

    you just see it used in particular ways in the trailer and it worries me a little

    also i think i only saw one height for the platform which ... i hope is not the only one


    You can see in this picture below that there are several heights for the platforms. There is first height just before you enter the tatami area and a second height in the fireplace area. Third height is near the shoes, where the flower vase is placed. It appears to be surrounded by short wall and covered with wallpapers. They appear to be customizable like the foundation and short walls too, in that you can put floor tiles on them and wall paper on the sides, and choose wall trimmings like for short walls.

    TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-392.jpg

    sht.png

    TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-268.jpg

    In the picture with kitchen counters, you can see best that there is a short wall behind the counter and the platform below and it's border extends a bit out from the floor area.
    Sims-SE02.png

    The train station appears to use platforms a lot too.
    TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-093.jpg


    oh actually im just blind it seems
    it looks pretty nice from these and sorts out most of the question marks

    though still really wish it can be applied to rounded rooms or maybe even more like the round deck with smooth edges way but well time will tell
    I'm more curious about that ramp that's seen in the train station screenshot. I'm wondering if that ramp is only for the train station or will it be a build object like stairs in build catalog.

    idk i sort of feel that part may not even be on lot but more like world thing in which case it probably is in debug
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited October 2020
    Simmingal wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    so it seems instead of actual split level there is a platform in the pack huh... not sure how i feel about that o_O I guess its a start but worried it will be restrictive in terms of shapes
    I think having a platform would be a great idea. It's better than having to make a foundation and removing part of it to create a step-down inside the house.

    i mean obviously its better than what we have now but what I am thinking about is how this platform thing works and if it has set shapes so i can't for example apply it to rounded room then that is a bummer

    or if you can only have it in specific colors or styles thats also : |

    +if it affects routing in any way that is irritating

    you just see it used in particular ways in the trailer and it worries me a little

    also i think i only saw one height for the platform which ... i hope is not the only one


    You can see in this picture below that there are several heights for the platforms. There is first height just before you enter the tatami area and a second height in the fireplace area. Third height is near the shoes, where the flower vase is placed. It appears to be surrounded by short wall and covered with wallpapers. They appear to be customizable like the foundation and short walls too, in that you can put floor tiles on them and wall paper on the sides, and choose wall trimmings like for short walls.

    TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-392.jpg

    sht.png

    TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-268.jpg

    In the picture with kitchen counters, you can see best that there is a short wall behind the counter and the platform below and it's border extends a bit out from the floor area.
    Sims-SE02.png

    The train station appears to use platforms a lot too.
    TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-093.jpg


    oh actually im just blind it seems
    it looks pretty nice from these and sorts out most of the question marks

    though still really wish it can be applied to rounded rooms or maybe even more like the round deck with smooth edges way but well time will tell
    I'm more curious about that ramp that's seen in the train station screenshot. I'm wondering if that ramp is only for the train station or will it be a build object like stairs in build catalog.

    idk i sort of feel that part may not even be on lot but more like world thing in which case it probably is in debug
    Right after I had posted about that ramp in the train station pic. I was thinking maybe it was done with terrain tool, and terrain paint. Because sort of looks like it had been done that way.
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I wonder if they will update seasons to add the snow depth we see in the trailer. Beyond that, I have no guesses. They won't give us anything too substantial from the pack because they want us to buy it.

    Like @Simmingal I hope the tea isn't just decorative. They've got tea pots and a matcha cup and whisk as decor in some shots. It will make me so angry if we only get decor and nothing functional. The quiz on here mentions festivals, so I think we still have a lot that hasn't been revealed (at least, I'm hoping this is the case).
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited October 2020
    I wonder if they will update seasons to add the snow depth we see in the trailer. Beyond that, I have no guesses. They won't give us anything too substantial from the pack because they want us to buy it.

    Like @Simmingal I hope the tea isn't just decorative. They've got tea pots and a matcha cup and whisk as decor in some shots. It will make me so angry if we only get decor and nothing functional. The quiz on here mentions festivals, so I think we still have a lot that hasn't been revealed (at least, I'm hoping this is the case).
    That's a good question. Will the snow depth in EP 10 change the snow depth in other worlds? Currently in the game the snow depth is only like 3'' to 4'' which barely covers the ground in RL where I currently live. The snow depth that was shown in the Snowy Escape trailer looks to be like 6" to 8" or maybe 12" to 12.5".
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,674 Member
    I wonder if they will update seasons to add the snow depth we see in the trailer. Beyond that, I have no guesses. They won't give us anything too substantial from the pack because they want us to buy it.

    Like @Simmingal I hope the tea isn't just decorative. They've got tea pots and a matcha cup and whisk as decor in some shots. It will make me so angry if we only get decor and nothing functional. The quiz on here mentions festivals, so I think we still have a lot that hasn't been revealed (at least, I'm hoping this is the case).

    Platforms are being added in the patch.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Platforms are being added in the patch.

    How do you know this for sure though? Do you have a source from a Dev that says they will be in the patch? I really hope you're right!
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    @catloverplayer I hope you're right, but I don't want to get my hopes up for something like that. It is listed as a major feature of the pack, so I still think snow depth is more likely. I know a lot of people want the new lifestyle/sentiments part added, but I don't think that will be part of the patch either. I'm looking forward to learning more about the pack because the quiz mentioned festivals, so I believe there is stuff we haven't even learned about yet.
  • Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    Didn't one of the gurus say that snow depth wasn't going to be a thing?
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    @catloverplayer I hope you're right, but I don't want to get my hopes up for something like that. It is listed as a major feature of the pack, so I still think snow depth is more likely. I know a lot of people want the new lifestyle/sentiments part added, but I don't think that will be part of the patch either. I'm looking forward to learning more about the pack because the quiz mentioned festivals, so I believe there is stuff we haven't even learned about yet.
    For certain that there's much more about Snowy Escape that they haven't revealed to us yet. During the official announcement of a pack like this, they give us some of the tid-bits of some of the key features that they think will interest us. But then just before the launch of the pack, they show an in-game demo of the pack. And give us a lot more detail in a live stream, if they have planned to do a live stream on the new pack. So yeh, there's more detail about game play, CAS items, and build and buy mode items that we don't know about yet.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,674 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Platforms are being added in the patch.

    How do you know this for sure though? Do you have a source from a Dev that says they will be in the patch? I really hope you're right!

    Both SimsVip and SimsCommunity said so.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,674 Member
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    Didn't one of the gurus say that snow depth wasn't going to be a thing?

    I haven't seen this confirmed. I think the snow depth is updated in Snowy Escape and maybe it will be added to the November Patch.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,674 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    @catloverplayer I hope you're right, but I don't want to get my hopes up for something like that. It is listed as a major feature of the pack, so I still think snow depth is more likely. I know a lot of people want the new lifestyle/sentiments part added, but I don't think that will be part of the patch either. I'm looking forward to learning more about the pack because the quiz mentioned festivals, so I believe there is stuff we haven't even learned about yet.
    For certain that there's much more about Snowy Escape that they haven't revealed to us yet. During the official announcement of a pack like this, they give us some of the tid-bits of some of the key features that they think will interest us. But then just before the launch of the pack, they show an in-game demo of the pack. And give us a lot more detail in a live stream, if they have planned to do a live stream on the new pack. So yeh, there's more detail about game play, CAS items, and build and buy mode items that we don't know about yet.

    The Livestream is Friday.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Platforms are being added in the patch.

    How do you know this for sure though? Do you have a source from a Dev that says they will be in the patch? I really hope you're right!

    Both SimsVip and SimsCommunity said so.
    Both SimsVip and SimsCommunity get their info on The Sims directly from a SimGuru. So if SimsVip and SimsCommunity say so. Then their info is usually correct and can be taken for more than just a grain of salt.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    And if this info isn't correct, both SimsVip and Sims Community would say so right away. Then they would take this info down off their websites, and correct it. But if they don't say that the info was wrong. Then you can assume that the info is correct.
    Nice job on sharing this CLP.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2020


    I've been thinking about this tweet. What is it that SimguruAzure is excited about that she can't share yet? Maybe it's about the november patch. It has to be something that'll be in either SE or the patch.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I am hoping that they make all worlds livable/vacation.

    I am also hoping for base game trait improvements, (like making them mean something and sims actually act and choose things according to their traits). I'm not sure how the lifestyles and sentiments work yet, but I'm thinking they will need the traits to make it work.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @catloverplayer Thank you so much for posting your source on the platforms coming in the pre-patch for SE, very much appreciated! :) I had no idea SC had the ear of a SimGuru to get insider information. Very happy news! Looking forward to the new gameplay trailer and livestream for more details.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited October 2020
    sunman502 wrote: »
    @catloverplayer I hope you're right, but I don't want to get my hopes up for something like that. It is listed as a major feature of the pack, so I still think snow depth is more likely. I know a lot of people want the new lifestyle/sentiments part added, but I don't think that will be part of the patch either. I'm looking forward to learning more about the pack because the quiz mentioned festivals, so I believe there is stuff we haven't even learned about yet.
    For certain that there's much more about Snowy Escape that they haven't revealed to us yet. During the official announcement of a pack like this, they give us some of the tid-bits of some of the key features that they think will interest us. But then just before the launch of the pack, they show an in-game demo of the pack. And give us a lot more detail in a live stream, if they have planned to do a live stream on the new pack. So yeh, there's more detail about game play, CAS items, and build and buy mode items that we don't know about yet.

    The Livestream is Friday.
    Yeh, I know. They had announced the LS date and time for Snowy Escape back when they officially announced the release of Snowy Escape.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @catloverplayer Thank you so much for posting your source on the platforms coming in the pre-patch for SE, very much appreciated! :) I had no idea SC had the ear of a SimGuru to get insider information. Very happy news! Looking forward to the new gameplay trailer and livestream for more details.
    I'm just wondering why we haven't seen a gameplay trailer SE yet.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited October 2020
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @catloverplayer Thank you so much for posting your source on the platforms coming in the pre-patch for SE, very much appreciated! :) I had no idea SC had the ear of a SimGuru to get insider information. Very happy news! Looking forward to the new gameplay trailer and livestream for more details.
    I'm just wondering why we haven't seen a gameplay trailer SE yet.

    Probably 'cause it also had to be changed last moment as a release trailer was for "sensitive" content. And since it's a gameplay trailer showing features in a more expansive way probably more work required to re-do it.

    Anyways my patch prediction (trying to be as pessimistic as possible):
    1) Platform feature -> some building CC will break probably doors/windows again, custom foundations, stairs
    2) Minor skin update 2.0 -> default skins broken again I guess (hope not)
    3) Groundwork in the code for Lifestyle/Sentiments feature (if we are lucky some of these stuff will be in base game) -> I'm afraid custom traits/aspirations will be broken.
    4) Rental feature -> mods using venue lists will be broken go to school, go to work, more buyable venues etc... Probably world remakes too (not sure)???
    5) Bug fixes and more bugs )))
    6) All the stuff that usually is broken with large patches will be broken again.

    I'm already in preparation mod. Slowly taking out CC/mods from my game to be ready for the patch.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »

    Anyways my patch prediction (trying to be as pessimistic as possible):
    I'm afraid custom traits/aspirations will be broken.

    Eeek! You could be right! I'm still fixing issues from the last time they were broken!

    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm almost sure that lifestyles and sentiments will be a patch addition. I think so cause there are no mentions at all of it in any trailer. Not even in the blog notes...
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top