Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape is the next EP!

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    So... the new EP is Seasons... without 3 of the seasons? Am I getting that right?

So all the simmers who bought Seasons for snow have been ripped off.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2020
    No peps as I feel it will be more of the same and I will watch the trailer and see what it does and not do. No peps for me as the WOW factor never goes above excited.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Meanwhile I'd just be happy too have burglars, police, social services, cars, bunk beds and update babies 😂, I am looking forward too see the trailer
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    So... the new EP is Seasons... without 3 of the seasons? Am I getting that right?

Could go either way. They either copied all of the snow gameplay from seasons or they didn’t leaving this pack without much snow gameplay. Sounds like a bad deal either way.

Since the groundwork for snow has been in the game since 2018 there’s no reason that should be considered a new feature for this pack or advertised at all unless they’ve fixed it to show depth and patched seasons. Same for rock climbing that’s been a thing already; a new coat of paint doesn’t make it important.

My guess would be the rest of the new gameplay will be Asian-inspired stuff to fit the vibe they’re going for. If the leak is real only one part of the map is consistently snowy so I don’t expect the snow to even be the part they focused on for this EP.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member

Could go either way. They either copied all of the snow gameplay from seasons or they didn’t leaving this pack without much snow gameplay. Sounds like a bad deal either way.

Since the groundwork for snow has been in the game since 2018 there’s no reason that should be considered a new feature for this pack or advertised at all unless they’ve fixed it to show depth and patched seasons. Same for rock climbing that’s been a thing already; a new coat of paint doesn’t make it important.

My guess would be the rest of the new gameplay will be Asian-inspired stuff to fit the vibe they’re going for. If the leak is real only one part of the map is consistently snowy so I don’t expect the snow to even be the part they focused on for this EP.

I think we're getting skiing too. I wonder if the ski lift we saw in the leaked map image is working or just neighbourhood decor.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020

I feel like the snow will most likely be a "dumbed down" version if you don't have seasons. It'll just be the ground and thats it, you won't be able to have snowball fights, build snowmen, etc and the other snow activites without seasons and I'm guessing it won't be snowing either without seasons either so it'll just be still snow on the ground. I don't think the lack of those activities will be a big deal tbh and anyone who wants them will already have seasons so they'll still be there. I can see there being a lot of cross pack compatibility between the two, maybe winter will come with constant blizzards and freezing temperatures for the world and summer will have sun and light snow.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Other things put me off like are sims going to freeze to death often? Will sims do nothing but shovel snow?
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    There is a thread all about the trailer.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I personally bought Seasons for all of the varying weather types and I love the other features it has as well such as the calendar and holidays which are a must have for me with my type of game play. Seasons has and will always remain my most valued and favourite pack, it adds so much to my game play and not just the weather effects.
  • GibbonGibbon Posts: 29 Member
    The announcement on the Swedish Sims page mentioned something about ”experiment with adjustable platforms”. Dont see anything about it on the English page...

Are they maybe talking about different indoor floor heights?
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Gibbon wrote: »
    The announcement on the Swedish Sims page mentioned something about ”experiment with adjustable platforms”. Dont see anything about it on the English page...

Yes, it looks like we can make sunken rooms now!

We have that (bold)???
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I think it's what you can see here :

PbTMYsM.png

We have that (bold)???

edited October 2020
    wrong thread - oops
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @DianaSim

I was so star struck at the downhill ski and snowboarding I failed to notice that wonderful new eating/sitting position which is lovely :)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @DianaSim

I was so star struck at the downhill ski and snowboarding I failed to notice that wonderful new eating/sitting position which is lovely :)

That is so pretty. I wonder if we can use that table in a restaurant.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @DianaSim

That is so pretty. I wonder if we can use that table in a restaurant.

ooh agreed that would be really nice, any ideas in mind :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited November 2020
    candy8 wrote: »
    I won't be getting excited I have not bought anything since Oh gee I can't remember it has been so long I certainly didn't buy the last three this will fall short I am sure. I guess Lazy Game put it best he no longer will critique Sims 4.

You might have to wait until the 20th Nov. or so for a review, until he gets the new patch but he still appears to be interested.

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Sorry to revive this thread but I’m in a dilemma about Snowy Escapes. 😭

I’ve just seen some of the female hairstyles from SE on another post and I love them. 🎉 They’re gorgeous! I’m so impressed. I can already visualise which Sims are getting them!

I would really appreciate some feedback about it. I can’t buy an EP just for hairstyles. (Even utterly gorgeous ones! 😊).

Those who bought the pack have you liked the hairstyles? Is the pack a lot of fun? Is going to the mountain a regular thing or how is living there?

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    @ncisGibbs02 I like SE, the world is gorgeous, the BB and CAS is nice too and the activities are fun for vacations, I have populated MT. Komorebi with my own families and when I play for them I do play with everything that this pack has to offer from hot pots to the new career etc. When I play my other worlds I use SE mainly as vacation spot.
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    @ncisGibbs02 I like SE, the world is gorgeous, the BB and CAS is nice too and the activities are fun for vacations, I have populated MT. Komorebi with my own families and when I play for them I do play with everything that this pack has to offer from hot pots to the new career etc. When I play my other worlds I use SE mainly as vacation spot.

Thanks that’s very helpful. 😎👍

• PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    @ncisGibbs02 I posted an in-depth review of Snowy Escape in this thread here if you want to check it out.

I tried to break down the pack as best as I could, so I hope you find it helpful!
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    This was a good pack. Probably the only things I would have liked better would have been some kind of clear content replacement when they took out the shrine. I get why they did that but they should have clearly added something else to the game. Also, one of the bars is really boring and seems like it could be in any other world. I think I'm referring to the Izakaya Ippai Bar. I would have liked if they gave us new cocktails for that bar and some new activity other than using the vending machine.

Other than that, I'd say it is a great pack. It is definitely replayable if you'll utilize the winter sports area or the Japanese theme. The world is gorgeous. I also think that the GameChangers did a great job with the lots that come with the game - very detailed. I will continue playing with it sometimes.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2021

I’ve just seen some of the female hairstyles from SE on another post and I love them. 🎉 They’re gorgeous! I’m so impressed. I can already visualise which Sims are getting them!

I would really appreciate some feedback about it. I can’t buy an EP just for hairstyles. (Even utterly gorgeous ones! 😊).

Those who bought the pack have you liked the hairstyles? Is the pack a lot of fun? Is going to the mountain a regular thing or how is living there?

If you're only interested in it for hairs (and can download CC) I'd recommend checking out these as these creators have basically added the hairs from the pack to the base game for you to download for free!

https://aharris00britney.tumblr.com/post/634709283371663360/snowy-escape-add-ons
    https://grimcookies.com/post/636616519487471617/snowy-escape-cas-addonshere-we-are-with-another

As for the pack in my opinion it's not worth it. It gave me a couple weeks fun when it came out but I haven't been to Komorebi once since or really used anything from it. I didn't really find the activities fun as snowboarding/skiing you literally just watch an animation on repeat and that's it, it's not that interesting for me at least and there's no sense of progress, and there's only 3 slopes which are pretty much the same
    edited June 2021
    @ncisGibbs02 I posted an in-depth review of Snowy Escape in this thread here if you want to check it out.

I tried to break down the pack as best as I could, so I hope you find it helpful!

Thank you so much for your review. Yes it’s been very helpful. I’ve bookmarked it.

I think there’s a lot for me to think about in terms of replayability. It would be the other stuff as well I’d be getting. I do think I’d have more fun with the holiday world than say JTB. At least I’d be able to build in Mt. Komorebi. 😊.

Thanks again. 😎

Onverser wrote: »

If you're only interested in it for hairs (and can download CC) I'd recommend checking out these as these creators have basically added the hairs from the pack to the base game for you to download for free!

https://aharris00britney.tumblr.com/post/634709283371663360/snowy-escape-add-ons
    https://grimcookies.com/post/636616519487471617/snowy-escape-cas-addonshere-we-are-with-another

As for the pack in my opinion it's not worth it. It gave me a couple weeks fun when it came out but I haven't been to Komorebi once since or really used anything from it. I didn't really find the activities fun as snowboarding/skiing you literally just watch an animation on repeat and that's it, it's not that interesting for me at least and there's no sense of progress, and there's only 3 slopes which are pretty much the same

I’m definitely getting those hairs! 👍😊

Thanks for giving your review. For an expansion pack I’d expect a lot of play from the added world. I might wait for another sale as I think there’s a enough for a game pack.

This was a good pack, one of the bars is really boring and seems like it could be in any other world.

I'd say it is a great pack. It is definitely replayable if you'll utilize the winter sports area or the Japanese theme. The world is gorgeous. I also think that the GameChangers did a great job with the lots that come with the game - very detailed. I will continue playing with it sometimes.

The Japanese theme is a definite plus! 😊
    I would probably put my own community lots down. I always end up doing that! 😂