Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape is the next EP!

Comments

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    I just heard about this today via Facebook. I think this will be cool! I love the winter! I am already shivering for this expansion pack!!!

@rjssim - What is the link to or how do I find the FB page. I did a search and found many pages, but none seemed like the official one since there was nothing about the new EP on it.

I saw it at the Sims Vip FB Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/SimsVIP
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im interested. Im kinda hoping for a vacation world, or at least HOTELS. I havent been thrilled by this year, so hopefully it'll be good.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I now wonder how longgggg it will be before it actually comes out ???
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I now wonder how longgggg it will be before it actually comes out ???
    3 weeks, is my guess, we’ll find out tomorrow
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    not sure if anyone noticed, but the leaked map by Kayla has a community lot with a star symbol that looks like the "vacation world" symbol. Maybe thats the resrot/hotels symbol now? I would love if they turned the vacation worlds into regular worlds and added the symbol/tag to the lots in those world.
    EktkTLRXUAE4MGC?format=png&name=240x240
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    Im 100% buying this if its got hotels and we can run them ... then we can make every world a destination world ...sulani needs hotels
  • GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    If this is going to be a strictly vacation world then I hope this expansion is packed with gameplay and features. Snow depth, wind that affect objects, more social interactions...

I feel with The Sims 4 the words expansion pack have lost its meaning.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    GreyWind wrote: »
    If this is going to be a strictly vacation world then I hope this expansion is packed with gameplay and features. Snow depth, wind that affect objects, more social interactions...

I feel with The Sims 4 the words expansion pack have lost its meaning.

I have a feeling fountains will still run on antifreeze.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »
    Im 100% buying this if its got hotels and we can run them ... then we can make every world a destination world ...sulani needs hotels

Same, I probably will only buy this if we get resorts and/ or hotels. If not, then that's a missed opportunity :'(
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2020
    I am interested, but will need to learn more, before I get my hopes up.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I had a sneaky suspicion that if it was a winter pack that it would be located in a Japanese type world since that wasn't included in the survey worlds and a Swiss mountain village was. I'm so glad I was right! This looks awesome and I'm excited to learn more! I hope we get hot springs and hotels with this.

I hope farming will be located in a swiss mountain world!
    bixters wrote: »

Same, I probably will only buy this if we get resorts and/ or hotels. If not, then that's a missed opportunity :'(

Honestly just from those pics I’ll bet it won’t be included. They would’ve shown a sim greeting others at a counter or in front of a building. It’s not one of the keys pictures they’re highlighting. Thats too much for them
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Honestly just from those pics I’ll bet it won’t be included. They would’ve shown a sim greeting others at a counter or in front of a building. It’s not one of the keys pictures they’re highlighting. Thats too much for them

I'm worried this will just be an Island Living repeat. Beautiful world with no replayability.

Like another user said, how will this pack expand the game overall? Or is it just a pretty world that I'll only visit once then never use the pack again...
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I really hope that reusing the rock wall climbing animation isn't considered a key feature.
    I'm hoping hotels has been left as a surprise for the stream.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    The above tweet from GuruGeorge about lake houses make me think maybe it's a hint for a winter vacation EP but I think it's too small theme for an EP so I'm not sure..
    You guessed right it will be. Good job @graventhe
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited October 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    For those afraid of a new avalanche of bugs just don't buy on day one. Give it a couple of weeks, or more, and then decide.

I don’t see what the point of waiting is when they don’t fix the bugs. I mean it’s been months since Eco Lifestyle released and most of the bugs it brought are still unfixed. Mean while they did manage to release two new packs that added to the bugs and also remain unfixed.

I have seen in so many places, that you do not even play the game anymore, you have stated you have moved to sims3, and not playing TS4 anymore. So I really do not understand why would it, if bugs are fixed or not, make any difference to you :)

I mean nothing bad, just an honest question :)

I'm not playing it currently because they don't ever fix it. Not because I don't like it. I was happily playing it until the last few packs unleashed a multitude of bugs into my game. I don't exactly know about your standards but I like to have a certain amount of game play quality in a game when I play it and currently the Sims 4 is not living up to the standard that it should be. The developers are totally neglecting the bugs and issues for far to long and while you might be fine with that others aren't. I'm allowed to express my dissatisfaction with poor service for a product that I paid for. The reason I keep posting about this issue is because I want them to fix it so that I can enjoy playing my game again.

I'm sorry that my posts aren't all sunshine and roses at the moment but I'm unhappy with the neglect that this game is currently receiving and I'm not going away so you can either choose to ignore my replies or deal with them. It's perfectly up to you.

I totally agree, and you said that well. I have all but Star Wars, im going to make sure auto updates are not on until I see what the next patch breaks as well as what bugs are still left neglected. I paid full price for each one, and I won't buy another until I can at least play the last expansion EL the way it is meant to be, the main features that make it EL, and I currently can't. I loved playing TS4 and tried playing several times but there's just too much causing issues. Hopefully they will get better on that part bc it would be nice to enjoy a snowy vacation world, but with how things are, how well will it actually work? We all know that the more not fixed then the more content added and so forth brings more problems and makes older ones harder to fix. I will continue to wait, and make sure I wait about that patch too, that last one was nasty and i got a lot of help from fellow simmer just to get my computer to let me at least try to play.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Finally a pack that looks interesting to me. I hope they do this pack right because the sims 4 can be fun when it works (especially with the right mods and custom content).

I always enjoy new activities that multiple sims can do at once, or activities that inspire sims interacting each other
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like this theme and I am interested. It looks like an interesting world. I'll have to see more about the gameplay but I like having winter activities.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I hope farming will be located in a swiss mountain world!
    I'm hoping for it too. I live there and we do have many farms in the hills and mountains too, so there's still a very fitting possibility! :smile:

I'm sure SE won't disappoint much!

• LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
    I feel like the Sims 4 has placed too much focus on partying and other fun stuff, and not enough on what truly matters. However, if they add blizzards, ice storms, power outages, and other real life events to the game, then that would make it more interesting.
  • K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    > @LeanneStrong57 said:
    > I feel like the Sims 4 has placed too much focus on partying and other fun stuff, and not enough on what truly matters. However, if they add blizzards, ice storms, power outages, and other real life events to the game, then that would make it more interesting.

I agree, which is weird because I also feel like my Sims never have time for the fun stuff! When they get home from work/school, there's time to reup their needs and send them to bed. They usually are fully rested by 3 in the morning, but I'm not going to do a lot of the fun stuff at that time of day!
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    So... the new EP is Seasons... without 3 of the seasons? Am I getting that right?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Honestly just happy Sims have more activities to do outside. With covid this year, been sending Sims outside in all my Sims games and making them active.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    So... the new EP is Seasons... without 3 of the seasons? Am I getting that right?

Just like island living was seasons without 3 seasons, yup.
  • Darkwave7341Darkwave7341 Posts: 48 Member
    I'm actually really excited for this one!
    What's the deal with airline food?