Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maternity Leave.

SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
Hi. I’ve extended the amount of time my sims will be pregnant for cause the default is a bit to short for my liking but now it seems that my sims will have way to much maternity leave. Is there any way to alter amount of time my sim will have maternity leave for?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The amount of paid parental leave granted is determined by career and job level.

I know you are using NRaas mods generally, and MasterController can be used to take away paid leave that has already been granted for any reason. To see how much a sim has accumulated, NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Status > Career. To make adjustments, MC > (Sim) > Intermediate > Career > Days Off > (enter a positive number to add to the total, a negative number to subtract from it). MC Cheats add-on module required. These are one-time adjustments, though.

For more of an ongoing global fix so adjustments don't need to made every single time a sim gets pregnant, are you using NRaas StoryProgression?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    The amount of paid parental leave granted is determined by career and job level.

I know you are using NRaas mods generally, and MasterController can be used to take away paid leave that has already been granted for any reason. To see how much a sim has accumulated, NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Status > Career. To make adjustments, MC > (Sim) > Intermediate > Career > Days Off > (enter a positive number to add to the total, a negative number to subtract from it). MC Cheats add-on module required. These are one-time adjustments, though.

For more of an ongoing global fix so adjustments don't need to made every single time a sim gets pregnant, are you using NRaas StoryProgression?

Thank you so much. It sounds kind of like I could maybe break my game with it. I’m not sure I want to risk it. :#
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2020
    That reminds me, I need to schedule a call with our marketing department to get our new tagline approved.
    NRaas mods, proudly breaking players games since 2010! ;)

Okay, but seriously. I can understand SP being more of a mod than players will at some times be ready for. And it does add more stress to the game engine as it has so much to do, but there is supposed to be a trade-off for those using the mods specifically designed to preserve and improve game performance (Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, GoHere) so that one can tolerate the extra hit and there are all kinds of controls to help dial progression back if things try to happen far too quickly.

But unfortunately this is one of its features that cannot be separated out from the rest of the mod (genetics and immigration management are other often asked for examples). Perhaps other players here know of a mod that can impact assigned parental leave without all of the other overhead. The only likely contender I can think of is AwesomeMod, but that one is much further reaching than SP is and comes with fewer user controls.

In the meantime, you may want to try the MC individual sim adjustment method whenever you notice a sim has become pregnant. How frequent an occurrence that is will of course depend on your world and playstyle.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Oh gosh. I wasn’t meaning it to sound like the mod wasn’t good enough. The NRaas mods are amazing, they add so much to my game. It’s more my lack of being able to use them as good as some people can. I’m not the most technical person ever and I get easily confused. I’m just nervous to try things in case I break my game. I’m not really bothered enough to search for another mod. I was more just curious if there was a setting somewhere that I was missing.

Thank you again for replying and also for all the help you have given me over the last few weeks. <3