Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

....close please. going off topic. lets wait on EP10 details!

BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
I have a feeling the next pack isn't anything exciting. But what do you think? Could it be something lots of players would like? We dont have anything to go on but this is the speculation section.
Post edited by BuildingTheSims on

Comments

• BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2020
    :| Two duds in a row would be crazy. I also just dont understand why they would intentionally make packs they know fans will be disappointed with. I thought most people wanted to be rewarded for their work, not boo'ed. But it seems the sims devs either dont care or have their heads up in the clouds.
  • BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    Looking at their defensive announcement I think it is something the fans don't want.

Im wondering if that means its something unexpected , but good or unexpected and also very lame or useless.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I think it will probably create a divide (perhaps the biggest percentage a positive reception), as most pack announcements do anyway, each player just has their own preferences. I'm not expecting a massive backlash like Star Wars created though.

I couldn't even begin to guess what they may have lined up as I feel like they've already covered base of the staple packs (Pets, Seasons, University) and from what they've told us about what isn't going to be in the pack... I'm 80% sure it will be something they've not done before.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    edited September 2020
    We’ll see. For those who have been dissatisfied with the last couple of DLC, I hope the upcoming EP will be something they are happy (ish?) with.

Personally I don’t care if something is a crowd pleaser or not. I only care about what I want. B)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The fact that they "announced" the pack by prefacing that it wont have cars or bunk beds or babies makes it sound to me like its something they know people will complain about. I'm guessing it'll be something that some players will deem unnecessary and pointless when they should be making --- so they had to cover their tracks in advance.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    :| Two duds in a row would be crazy. I also just dont understand why they would intentionally make packs they know fans will be disappointed with. I thought most people wanted to be rewarded for their work, not boo'ed. But it seems the sims devs either dont care or have their heads up in the clouds.

Island Paradise,Discover universty & Eco living were all failers so it's not unheard of.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited September 2020
    I truly hope they went like
    ''let's have one sure sell this year since we are doing weird random themes''
    and thats the last pack

my hopes and dreams rest on romance, vacations,past, occult. hobbies or music/performances related packs
    if none of the above... : / the chances of this pack being my style diminish by 90%

Eco Lifestyle wasn't all so bad I like some of the features but its bit iffy still (will get in bigger sale)
    Star Wars? made me mega irritated (but only because I really wanted it to be something else)
    Tiny Living? eeeeeeh? eeeeeeeeh? whatever. but the ghost type is cute I guess

Nifty Knitting? really my highlight of the year if this continues
    which is funny considering its stuff pack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2020
    In my opinion the only think that will please the crowds is a free base game update to a personality system and overhaul of certain abandoned features such as whim.

New EP novelty only last for so long before everyone is thirsty for a new thing again.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    There's few fandoms I dislike more than Star Wars. What else would upset me? A professional wrestling pack. A slaughter house pack (which is why I don't want farming). A creepy horror with clowns pack. A trump 2020 pack. An Emma Stone or Zoe Deschanel pack.

As long as they stay away from those themes then I think I'll love it.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    In my opinion the only think that will please the crowds is a free base game update to a personality system and overhaul of certain abandoned features such as whim.

New EP novelty only last for so long before everyone is thirsty for a new thing again.

exactly, the problem isn't the packs, it's the base of the game. it's flawed, it's broken and devs don't seem to be interested on fixing it. there's a lot of games out there that don't have a lot of new content or just have an update once a year. but people still play them because the game is good, is fun, has replayability.
    when people keeps on needing new content for the game to be entertaining again then there is a problem.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited September 2020
    A creepy horror with clowns pack

actually id live for that 100%
    we had something similar in ts1 makin' magic and I miss the vibes (+tragic clown would finally have some stuff to do)

though it would have to be more all around circus or funhouse pack or something cause i don't think they could fill whole ep with clowns
    :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    A romantic getaway... if it is I just hope it's done well.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    I actually think the vocal segment of the fandom is too fractured to ever have any pack be a crowd-pleaser at this point.

I do think it will be something at least intended to cater to the reality players since they're the most vocal when a pack isn't to their liking. How close it will be ... we'll see.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Given what happened with Journey to Batuu, I'm holding judgement. I remember when the icon leaked and some guessed Star Wars and I said sarcastically "Knowing EA/Maxis at this point, more than likely, this is what we're gonna be stuck with" and that's what we got.

I really don't care what it is, as long as it fits in with normal gameplay. No more packs like Strangerville either. A game with a fixed storyline (in this case, Eco-Living, Strangerville, and Journey to Batuu all have these elements) has no place in a game where we're supposed to write our own as we go along. And "concepts never yet tried" in the game, so far, has equated to "Concepts that probably got shot down in a board meeting years ago because they sounded stupid".
    A game with a fixed storyline (in this case, Eco-Living, Strangerville, and Journey to Batuu

I definitely don't think Eco-Living has a fixed storyline anymore than seasons has a fixed storyline because the seasons rotate.

I have two freegans in San Mysonu who are renovating their fixer upper apartment on the cheap.

I have a gothic with who makes bizarre fruit fizzy drinks to poison her neighbors and candles to lights her sanctum

I have Knox Greenberg living with my conservationist mermaid

I have my clueless celebrities who never fix anything become friends with Tina Tinker who constantly shows up.

I have my veterinarian location in Evergreen harbour along with her spouse who has a big farm.

There is so much to do in that expansion pack.

Simmingal wrote: »
    it would have to be more all around circus or funhouse pack

My next build is going to be a mirror house with skeletons! It's going to be a maze of sorts.

we had something similar in ts1 makin' magic and I miss the vibes (+tragic clown would finally have some stuff to do)

though it would have to be more all around circus or funhouse pack or something cause i don't think they could fill whole ep with clowns

ts4 already covered the circus theme by doing the sparkd show
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm going with a pack no one asked for the slim chance it is a pack people asked for the content will be so basic that what people actually wanted in a pack like that will not there like winter vacation but no hotel system. Going on their track record I expect nothing but disappointment
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    After six years you’d think this community would learn to keep their expectations low.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2020
    The player base is a bit spread out and fractured, and the apology letter nixed a lot of stuff many players are hoping for (ie: cars, babies, etc), so it might be another controversial pack.

I kind of don’t really care about the fanbase’s opinions (especially from those who already hate TS4 from the base on, etc, and talk down about folks who like Sims 4 things, and the fandom is just an awful split mess at times when it comes to Sims 4 stuff), so I’m just looking out for whatever interests me, since I do still enjoy Sims 4. I just have to keep my expectations low and wait for sales, and stick with the more positive folks within the fandom.

The only way for something to be crowd pleaser is to be something major that many folks want (is: cars, improved babies, personalities, Generations, etc), and the apology letter already said no to most of those very much wanted features.

So, yes, I expect another outrage combustion from the Sims community once more. (Maybe not as intense if it’s a pack that is not a brand name like Star Wars was, and if it expands more Sims interactions.)
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I have a feeling the next pack isn't anything exciting. But what do you think? Could it be something lots of players would like? We dont have anything to go on but this is the speculation section.

I think it's going to be something a lot of simmers have been requesting. My prediction is a Winter Vacation Prehaps with Resorts and Honeymoons.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

Not in a pack though. That's what counts.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It is hard to say. Theoretically, with no set dates, they could pull some last minute work to try and make up for GP9, etc. However, the question is if they would. That, I don't know.
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

Not in a pack though. That's what counts.

eh that's fair lol.
    honestly i'd love to see some kind of creepy carnival/creepy circus kind of theme back in the sims.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top