Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- !PLEASE PLEASE HELP! -

Hello everyone,
Today I decided to move my sims 4 game from my C drive to my D drive, I followed the steps and all and finally it didn't work. So I decided to move it back to the C drive. I moved all, redownloaded the game with all packs (it took nearly five hours), and changed in origin the folder of library location in the settings etc by the book. I also had my saves and huge mods folders back to the C drive.
I think everything now is as before the whole process.
But unfortunately, When I start the game, It goes over the logo screen, move to the loading screen and finally the plumbob sign goes up like as the game is about to start and - it's stucked. with the sentence of the loading screen only. I printscreen it but I can't add a photo here.

I have never had this problem before.

Do someone know about it or a way it can be solved?
Please, these are quarantine times and I NEED TO PLAY :):):)
THANKS.

Comments

• Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    edited September 2020
    *I repaired my game so far and it didn't help.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Did you start a clean save first, without mods installed?
    I didn't try that because my mods folder was totally fine before the whole process. I assumed it might be an error in the saves folder/program files folders/something like that. I did start the game with no earlier saves to check and it didn't work though.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I’d say always start a completely fresh vanilla game first, before putting back the saves, tray and mods.
    If that works, drag everything back in one by one.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited September 2020
    Try going to your documents folder and rename your sims 4 folder (The sims 4) to something else. Then go to origin and start the game, origin will download a new the sims 4 folder, then try to start the game. If the game starts, move your mods and your saves and the files in your tray folder to that folder instead.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and origin totally from the beginning. the game started well when there wad nothing but the vanilla folders. after I added the saves folder, it also was good. after I added the mods and tray folder the game got stuck again. the problem is probably there.
    I have a question, If I removed my s4s and its batches I've run through the last months, maybe it's because of that? because as I said before, The game worked well until today morning when I did the switches, so this only could be the only logical thing that could lead that weird problem... what do you guys say?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    It's probably your mods, you have to move your mods out of your mod folder and test if you can start the game.

Start with script mods or other mods that you might have that changes the game a lot, move them outside of the mod folder and see if you can start the game, if you can't, keep moving mods from the folder until you can start the game. When you can start the game, add mods back in until you have found the ones that causes the issue.

Last patch required a lot of old mods to be updated.