Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Dark Form Won't Show

I've noticed that when my vampire is feeding, he won't go into dark form. I can still turn in on just fine, but he just won't do it himself anymore. Is this happening to anyone else? Can I fix it? The fact that I never see his dark form anymore is pretty annoying. 😐

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Transform into dark form manually back and forth and it will fix itself, most of the time.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Could it be a mod issue? My vampires are turning into their dark forms even when I'm not wanting them to.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Maho-GamerMaho-Gamer Posts: 94 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Could it be a mod issue? My vampires are turning into their dark forms even when I'm not wanting them to.

I don't use any vampire mods.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Sometimes my vampires seem to get stuck in their dark form and don't transform out after feeding, but I've never had one NOT go into darkroom to feed. Is there a setting in the vampire menu when you click on the sim to always use dark form or never use it?

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Maho-Gamer wrote: »
    Rouensims wrote: »

I don't use any vampire mods.

Do you use other mods? Sometimes a mod will affect something that doesn't make sense, but any time you use a mod that alters game code, there's always a chance it will influence something else or cause a bug.
    #Team Occult
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Try transforming into dark form and back manually. Otherwise it is not abnormal for vampires to ignore the transformations sometimes. This can be made more consistent with MCCC I believe (Don't quote me on this). In addition, make sure that your vampire had human and dark forms differ, because they can be exactly the same. It COULD happen.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited September 2020
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    Try transforming into dark form and back manually. Otherwise it is not abnormal for vampires to ignore the transformations sometimes. This can be made more consistent with MCCC I believe (Don't quote me on this). In addition, make sure that your vampire had human and dark forms differ, because they can be exactly the same. It COULD happen.

Yes, it can be made consistent in both directions (Force Dark Form and Always Ignore Dark Form, basically). But yes, without a mod setting there is like a 25% chance of not turning into dark form when feeding.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Lilith Vatore has been in her dark form for several seasons in my game. I actually like it, but I think hers is because she doesn't usually autonomously feed so she's probably really thirsty and would change back if she got a good drink.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I've noticed this with NPC vampire's, I think it's some sort of bug, might be worth making a post on Answers HQ to see if anyone else is having this issue.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Vampire pack has been bugged for a few years. This was not a problem when the pack first came out. It has many issues now, just like all other packs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.