Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird (new?) behavior from neighbors (City Living)

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
It might be a while since I played a San Myshuno household for a full day, so maybe this is nothing new. But I never before saw non played neighbors coming to my household to know the door angrily, with a popup saying "stop that noise!" There was no noise so I was a bit confused by the complaint, in some situations I noticed the tv was on or two sims were chatting.

Today Myra Gupta was furious and asked my household to keep the noise down because it was way past so-and-so hours! TV is not on, but dad and daughter are peacefully small talking at the dining table. And it is 7 PM... is this too late hours for a friendly chat in your own apartment?

I now wonder if this has always been around, or if there were adjustments that triggered it. This is in the Spice Market hood, but it happened in both apt buildings.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by Simmerville on

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I just moved my girl into an apartment but haven't played it yet so I have not experienced anything.

I know that I have read on other threads that people have that happen. I don't know it happened from when the pack released or if it was something that was patched in.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited September 2020
    It worked as intended before, they would only complain when there was actual noise but it has been bugged for some time.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    Ah, thanks both of you! I would not mind if it happened rarely, but it seems to happen minimum once per simday... well, this probably means tense neighbors all over the place, LOL
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I've had that issue for so long I didn't even realize it was a bug, just thought it was how things are. Geeta Rasoya frequently aggressively knocks on my sims door in the middle of the night complaining about noise while my sim is sound asleep in her bedroom, no tv or radio or any sound on at all. Her relationship with Geeta is permanently red because of false midnight noise complaints. My sim also frequently gets angry from noise in the empty apartment next to her, and she can't resolve the issue because no one lives there for her to complain at the door to :|

0IzRxZE.jpg
    Well, 30 minutes after Myra Gupta's 7 PM complain, her husband walked out into the common hallway, pulled out his guitar and started jamming! I guess Myra Gupta thought that was no problem at all... - where is the logics? LOL
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I have had many cases of apartment neighbors complaining about noise, many of them didn't make sense. I wish there was a guide book or something that told us what exactly triggered the complaints, because irl different people have different tolerance for noise, so not everything is intuitive.

The only consensus I took from similar threads is that the better the active household's relationship to their neighbors it, the less likely the compliants.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    You're lucky to have complaints O.P.
    If my sims make noise, their neighbours tend to think there's a party going on and invite themselves.
    I guess the only time there are complaints is when they have kids and live near Lily Feng; which is to be expected, as it's akin to have matches living near a dynamite.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i just started playing in the apartments. so i will see if it happens to me. so far ive played a few days cuz im swaping between the daughter and the rest of the family.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    That's bizarre how it is borked for some people and not others.

I only get the neighbours coming to the door when I'm cooking, saying they can smell something nice and want to be fed lol.

I did get them complain once but that was around 11pm when I had music on so was understandable.
    It should be added that Myra Gupta in my game is a rather not-so.-nice person. She has spent much of her life as a Critic to cause trouble for others - not sure how much of that is based on my imagination and her traits etc, though. If anyone should complain a the wrong time of the day, it makes perfect sense that it was just her :) (I think she was originally a NPC that I started play actively long ago, not sure if I modified her personality).
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited September 2020
    It's happened if you watch TV, listening to a radio, playing some instruments or talking passed certain hours at night. Or, maybe when your Sims woohoo. Let's just say, the CL neighbours are nosier. Often, you can hear your neighbour woohoo too. In fact, your Sims can knock their door too!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    If this happens several times and your sims are sleeping, etc. which should not trigger this kind of behaviour from the neighbours, you could post a bug report on it on AHQ :)
    origin ID: adduapina
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    It was so annoying to me even at the beginning that my Sims in apartments have no neighbours at all - moved them out.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I disliked the neighbors back when my sims lived in an apartment few weeks ago, but it looks like i was lucky because i never had this happening to me, or maybe it only happened once or something so i cant even remember it.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    The only apartments I move sims into are penthouses so that way, nobody can complain about anything. :p
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    edited September 2020
    One thing is that traits of your neighbors will affect what annoys them. For example, sims who hate children will complain if your children are loud.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    If you don't mind mods, there's one over on Mod The Sims called "No Noisy Neighbors - Thick Apartment Walls" by dnmartyn. I can actually live in SM again, without going bonkers after a few days.