Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't buy Wax for Candles

Forgive me if someone else has posted about this, but I've noticed I cannot buy wax blocks from a candle making station when I am at a maker lot. I've tried with two separate games and different sims, and I've tried replacing or resetting the candle makers. Any ideas? Yes, I know I need bits and pieces - that doesn't see to be the issue.

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Guide on fabrication and candle making. Growing soybeans and the bug farming can help with crafting too.
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/06/10/the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-fabrication-skill-guide/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    I grow soybeans & collect soy wax every other day; I also have a beehive & collect the bees wax every other day. Both of these can be used to make candles.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I can't buy wax on the candle maker at the maker space either. I can buy dyes on the fabricator, but I can't buy anything off the candle maker. I can buy wax and dyes off the candle maker at home.
  • Options
    Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 112 Member
    Thank you @Scobre and @Starfree I knew about bees and soy wax, but I was hoping to start out with buying the wax from the candle maker since my sim was brand new. I just waited until I had soy wax ;)
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    When I played EL, I always had to buy it on my home lot, the option never showed up at the Maker Space lot.