Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Have Low Expectations for EP10

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Sims Mobile are getting a treasure map hunt. And George was tweeting about Mystery long time ago. And Frost's twitter name is still redacted and apparently isn't related to Star Wars pack. Maybe we'll get some kind of mystery pack like it's been rumored.
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    i still want a farming pack
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Sims Mobile are getting a treasure map hunt. And George was tweeting about Mystery long time ago. And Frost's twitter name is still redacted and apparently isn't related to Star Wars pack. Maybe we'll get some kind of mystery pack like it's been rumored.

Sounds like Jungle Adventure
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Wispye wrote: »

Me too, but we won't get a farming pack. This year anyway.

crocobaura wrote: »

Sounds like Jungle Adventure

The tweet says treasure map and mystery. Jungle Adventure had none of that.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited September 2020
    @logion It was confirmed to not be cars, but a modder (I forgot who) made CC cars that actually work.
    It better not be a pirate-themed pack.

Same... but it’s confirmed to not be farming.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ever since OR and GTW we knew what amount of depth could be expected from Sims 4: the kind that makes for a fun game, but isn't worth a day one purchase at full price. So I have a hard time understanding where the maybe this one will will give "us" what "we" want mentality comes from.

Personally I'm hoping for a theme that I'm interested in, but at the same time am wary of bugs as well as of more sneakily introduced story progression elements like the visit your mom/should we have a baby/please cheer me up phonecalls and "neighbor bring present" visits from sims living half a world away. That's not the direction I want my game to go.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    I haven't really enjoyed a pack since Island Living. I know that pack was lacking too but I just really like Sulani and it's residents.

I think I could of enjoyed Eco Lifestyle if it had been designed better and functioned properly, I really like the concept of it.

After the disappointment of the Star Wars pack I'm actually scared for what could come next. I didn't ever think things would get as bad as adding a whole pack dedicated to Star Wars in the game but here we are and I shall not taint my game with this type of rubbish content.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    It’s probably going to be mediocre at best. I’m not getting my hopes up. I haven’t been excited for an expansion pack since Island Living. Although a lot of people wanted Discover University, I didn’t care for it, and I’m only just now starting to warm up to Eco Lifestyle (but still not enough to buy it). What do you think?

Island Living is my all-time fav pack. DU I didn't care about either though. I think 10 will be good. I'm guessing it's a winter vacation pack with hotels.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Since I don't know what the next pack is going to be, I have no expectations of it right now.

I hear you. At this moment my expectations are so low, I have none. I'm beginning to feel the way I did when Paramount started making Star Trek series, left, right and sideways, some even overlapping others that were still on the air! I hated Star Trek: The Next Generation and yet I was a very devoted fan of the Original series. I even made sure our dinner was finished and the kitchen clean, in time for my entire family to sit in front of the television for the premier of TNG. What a huge disappointment that was to me. I watched as many of the episodes as I could withstand, before I completely walked away. In my heart I felt as if the ship took off and left me standing, alone, on the dock. I'm starting to feel that way again. I now have a string of packs I haven't purchased. My First Pet; Vampires; Eco Living; Realm of Magic and now the Star Wars one.

At least I now have a rocking chair. Missed out on that in Sims3 due to the fact they packed that item in with Supernatural. I was very grateful aliens were in with weather. But even so, they kept the pointy ears strictly to the aliens, unlike in Sims2. In Sims3 I used a mod until the devs made it possible for us to use pointy ears on "human" Sims. I have a mod, this time, too. But, alas and alack, I'm beginning to think I won't be spending any more money on the Sims4, if this keeps up.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I always just keep myself open minded whenever there's a new pack. I don't mind to have a high expectation because I always expect the best coming out from the developers. If it's something great & fit to my gameplay, I'll buy it immediately. Else, I'll wait until the next sale.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited September 2020

Same... but it’s confirmed to not be farming.

Maybe it's not related to the next pack, but...

perhaps...Medieval? :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member

Hokkaido honeymoon ski resort. *crosses fingers*
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Medieval would be great, surely we'd get horses then right? Right? No?
    Well, surely at least we'd get some castle building pieces....what that? no again?
    Some archery related activ---again no?
    Thrones, what about - oh no again.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited September 2020
    Simburian wrote: »
    It’s probably going to be mediocre at best. I’m not getting my hopes up. I haven’t been excited for an expansion pack since Island Living. Although a lot of people wanted Discover University, I didn’t care for it, and I’m only just now starting to warm up to Eco Lifestyle (but still not enough to buy it). What do you think?

That's the way to go. Expect the least and you might, just might get a pleasant surprise. I'm always a pessimist and only now finding out what I can do with University a couple of packs later. Eco Lifestyle I need a manual for but I'm determined to defeat the odds and win without going a bit mad because thieves are everywhere. Sulani has gone off the grid in a big way too, cutting off my electricity whenever I need it, Batuu is providing a pleasant interlude of just ticking the boxes!

What I need as the next Expansion is a gentle one, fixing the bugs and easy to use and plan in. I don't even care if it frees the babies!

Thank whoever! I have at last repealed 'Sharing is Caring', and now it might be safe to go out to the bars and clubs and actually get a seat without it being stolen! I'm ready for my next EP Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms etc. Maxis! :Do:)
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    I guess I'm one of those very very very very rare Sims players who somehow, in some way, manages to find something enjoyable about each pack that comes out. Whether it's gameplay related, or CAS related, or build/buy related... there's always something that I'll like about it.

Whatever EP10 ends up to be, I'm sure I'll find some things about it that I will enjoy as an addition to my game.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    I honestly just want to know what the pack is, that’s all I care about if I wasn’t dealing with personal issues I’d be having fun playing sims 2 right now.
    @DevSims91 Same here. I just want to get it over with. I want to be disappointed sooner rather than later.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member

Island Living is my all-time fav pack. DU I didn't care about either though. I think 10 will be good. I'm guessing it's a winter vacation pack with hotels.

Yep, I spend so much time lounging around island living enjoying the beach and ocean life! University was cool but it's a grind to get a sim through it. With honors even more so, but the payoff is definitely comfortable.

Considering I bought an expansion pack because it contained overall shorts and a hairstyle I liked, I'm not hard to please so I know I'll like 10 .
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Honestly i just hope its something most people want though I'm neutral either way. The community outrage gets mentally exhausting
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    normally id think hmm maybe it will be a good pack. but since this year has been a let down i dont have a lot of hope that its going to be a really good pack. even if the theme turns out to be good chances are if its as buggy as eco lifestyle it might not work as good as it looks. but hopefully ill be impressed.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @DevSims91 Same here. I just want to get it over with. I want to be disappointed sooner rather than later.

it you only expect disappointment why does it matter if it comes later
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member

it you only expect disappointment why does it matter if it comes later

It's a weird reverse psychology motivated thing where they actually really want to know what's coming and for it to be good but have every intention of being outraged. It's becoming it's own culture in the Sims community.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    My expectations are non-existent at this point. I'm just waiting to see what it actually is, and if we'll get any decent patches between now and the end of 2020.