Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a way to create our own styled looks.

aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Come on EA, it's time to implement this feature.
Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yes, that would be amazing. I'd get a lot of use out of it. We can set trends, at least, but it's just not the same.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    This would be fantastic when doing make-overs on random townies.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »

It would also be fantastic with an option to tell the game that when it needs to generate a random outfit for a townie, it has to choose from a styled look rather than just throwing together random clothing pieces.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I would really love to have this feature, as well as a way to control what townies are wearing.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    You can use MCCC to sort of do this. It's under dresser. I have never done it but my daughter in law uses it.

How to do it here ...
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_dresser
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited September 2020
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    You can use MCCC to sort of do this. It's under dresser. I have never done it but my daughter in law uses it.

How to do it here ...
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_dresser

True, but it’s a lot of command-line work and therefore very few people are willing to use that feature.
    Really Maxis needs to breathe some new live into CAS, including custom styled looks and a pet inspired Sim creator.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I already give all of my townies styled looks, but it's nothing you're gonna find in the gallery....
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I already give all of my townies styled looks, but it's nothing you're gonna find in the gallery....

o:)
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I'm honestly surprised they have not made this a feature yet. It would be great to share them too.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    To be honest I don't know why they never bothered to do this.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I'd really love it if we could do this, and share them to the gallery as well. I get tired of giving townies the same styled looks over and over but I also can't be bothered to dress them for real because then I'd be spending hours in CAS.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    To be honest I don't know why they never bothered to do this.

Option A: Too much like work
    Option B: The engine can't handle it
    Option C: Makes too much sense - the players would really like it
    Option D: Why mess with the horror show already in place?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love that feature too for the Gallery. At least Origin going away in the future won't affect the Gallery.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    kemowery wrote: »

It would also be fantastic with an option to tell the game that when it needs to generate a random outfit for a townie, it has to choose from a styled look rather than just throwing together random clothing pieces.

Indeed. Been wanting that for a long time now :)
  • Options
    LauraRLauraR Posts: 60 Member
    Or maybe even just the option to change the ones they provide? Some of those hats are hideous....and some of the styles appear more than once.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Yeah, I have also been asking for that for a long time.
    I also wish they could make it easier to select colors by letting us see everything our sim has on and all the colors available.
    No constant jumping back and forth to try different colors.
    CK213 wrote: »
    Style Mode

Here is a suggestion for CAS. :D

Since it is more difficult to make things match, there should be a mode that allows us to see all the clothing currently on the sim in the clothing selection user interface. We can then highlight the clothing thumbnails to see what preset colors each items has.

It would be nice if you could toggle a button to show all the preset color choices all at once. This would make it easier to choose from the available colors on your sims current outfit. You could get more creative with the interface to make choosing colors easier.

I mocked the idea up using Photoshop.

The key idea here is making it easier to see all your possible color choices all at once for a particular outfit and eliminate all the jumping around just to select colors. Perhaps we can even save the outfit as a Styled Look. Perhaps you can even educate simmers on color selection theories for choosing color themes or build it into CAS itself.

Color Schemes: http://www.tigercolor.com/color-lab/color-theory/color-theory-intro.htm
    CASIDEA.jpg

I should have expanded the entire color palette, but I think you will get what I mean.
    TS4CAS2014-08-0708-47-49-89.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    kemowery wrote: »

Only if we also have the ability to delete styled looks, some of the current ones are hideous.