Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i cant even

Comments

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Lol I can see how it can be frustrating when a pack you don’t like dominates the “news cycle” especially if you like watching Simtubers idk why this thread became a pile-on ha 🤷🏽‍♀️

For those that do love love love SW Let’s Plays, support it! Start watching them more. I’ve seen a lot of Simtubers post stats that show how low viewing stats are for SW content and how it’s pulling down their overall channel stats.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited September 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Tbf, the 100 baby challenge is not typical family lets play. It's a challenge.

@Dakota88 Also what does family let's play have to do with this thread. Still wondering why @CelSims brought it up.

If someone creates an entire -and I agree with ‘click bait’ discussion- just to say: ‘I can’t watch Star Wars let’s plays, they make me wanna 🤢!’ while there are plenty of other threads dedicated to the same complaint topic (which they could have just followed instead) then you’re naturally inviting others to have said discussion about it.

You want a ‘discussion’? Let’s have a ‘discussion’.

Folks should feel free to compare the Star Wars let’s play with other let’s plays, including, but not limited to, family let’s plays.
    Folks should feel free to express their opinion same way as OP does. Otherwise it’s just another ‘I agree’ thread.

The title is called: I can’t even...
    Well. I can’t even watch let’s plays. I’d rather spend that time playing the game myself.

Funny enough I was fooled by the click bait and so here I am. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I get the feeling the first person tried to pull of a good old occult vs. family gameplay, assuming that all occult players like the Star Wars pack (which couldn't be further from the truth) while implying that the person is only hating on the pack just because they are a family player.
    That's what it sounds like to me.

There are many ways to read into something though. Nobody was assuming anything, other than sharing the same feeling OP has, except with another kind of let’s play that they don’t like. That happens to be family let’s plays.

At this point we should know that many occult players and Star Wars fans have a passionate dislike for the pack. And that’s understandable. It has nothing to do with being a realism player or not. It think we’ve all learned that in the past month.

Sure, this pack is different and apparently it makes some people physically sick. Perhaps those folks should get their digestive system checked if that’s all it takes. It could be tummy bug.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 You know I studied psychology and communication and I have to tell you, communication doesn't consist of the "literal factual statement" people like to use as an excuse to get someone who said something out of the sticky situation of admiting that what they said was incorrect.
    Communication and understanding what the other person says is also heavily related to context and previous knowledge on a situation. If this had been a thread about something completely different you would have all bashed the second comment because of its "hate" nature. But since you know the comment is targeted as a response to the OPs feeling about the Star Wars pack, you all understand the hidden (occult vs family) context of the comment and like it.
    This is exactly why I interpreted @CelSims comment the way I did.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Lol I can see how it can be frustrating when a pack you don’t like dominates the “news cycle” especially if you like watching Simtubers idk why this thread became a pile-on ha 🤷🏽‍♀️

For those that do love love love SW Let’s Plays, support it! Start watching them more. I’ve seen a lot of Simtubers post stats that show how low viewing stats are for SW content and how it’s pulling down their overall channel stats.

Most of the simtubers I watch don't like the pack and hardly made any videos about it, sooo...
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

@SimmerGeorge with all due respect but I do not need to have studied psychology and communication to understand that the only reason you’re arguing about this is because you agree with OP. And that’s totally fine.
    You can’t accuse every single person who agreed with @CelSims for the reasons you imply.

I can’t speak for others why they click on a like button. I can only speak for myself. I don’t need to justify why I like or not like a comment, but sure here you go anyway:
    I’m as much of a realism player as I am an occult player. I’m also a builder. I’m not a family player per se, because I can barely look after one sim, let alone 5 toddlers. I’m fully aware of the fact that there are many family/ occult players.

Fact is, I don’t watch let’s plays. Full stop. I don’t watch Star Wars let’s plays, occult watch plays, Realism let’s plays, speed builds. I’m sure there are Star Wars family let’s plays, in which the whole sim family visits the Galaxy’s Edge themepark. Wonderful for those who like to watch any of that.

But for me personally, the last let’s play that I‘d watch if I was absolutely forced into watching any at all would be- you guessed it- family let’s plays. So yes, to me that comment was kind of comical, solely because of how I feel about those in contrast to the SW GP. Which is absolutely nothing. I simply have no feelings for family let’s plays. Not even in my stomach. No further context needed.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Most of the let’s plays I’ve seen are negative for this pack the only simmers over seen who really like it are James Turner and grim cookies. I hate the concept of this pack and watched all different youtubers from those that hate it (plumbella) to those that liked it and feel disappointed (English simmer) to those that like it (grim cookies and James turner). As it’s a pack I hated but wanted to give it a fair shot so watched a load of reviews and let plays it does appear most youtubers are against it then for it.
  • freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    Yeah, why would you even watch lets play if they make you sick? ^^

because i was trying to see if it was any good and what it had in the pack
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Seeing how Television has become part of the PC world I find YouTube entertaining.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    That's how I feel about family lets plays.

Same. I get so bored seeing so many people playing the 100 baby challenge.

Even worse, speedbuilds. So many of the YouTubers I usually watch have just been posting "I tried building a house in The Sims for the 76th day in a row!". It's so boring, do something interesting PLEASE. Even if I had zero interest in the pack I'd rather they played a pack I didn't like than just the same mediocre build challenges every single day for months on end. I barely even watch YouTube any more as they're all so boring and don't even play the game anymore or try to come up with interesting content.

I'd have to disagree with the post as if anything I wish more people were doing lets plays with the Star Wars pack. I've barely seen anything of it as nobody I follow has bothered to play it. The only person I've seen doing a lets play is James, nobody else I follow has even touched it other than to complain for five minutes and move on without even playing it or giving it a chance.

DrGluon is doing one and it's pretty hilarious.

@Dakota88 Also what does family let's play have to do with this thread. Still wondering why @CelSims brought it up.

Because they're hating on family players and thought this was the appropriate place and time to do just that.

Man I hate myself then.

If someone creates an entire -and I agree with ‘click bait’ discussion- just to say: ‘I can’t watch Star Wars let’s plays, they make me wanna 🤢!’ while there are plenty of other threads dedicated to the same complaint topic (which they could have just followed instead) then you’re naturally inviting others to have said discussion about it.

Folks should feel free to compare the Star Wars let’s play with other let’s plays, including, but not limited to, family let’s plays.
    Folks should feel free to express their opinion same way as OP does. Otherwise it’s just another ‘I agree’ thread.

Well. I can’t even watch let’s plays. I’d rather spend that time playing the game myself.

I get the feeling the first person tried to pull of a good old occult vs. family gameplay, assuming that all occult players like the Star Wars pack (which couldn't be further from the truth) while implying that the person is only hating on the pack just because they are a family player.

The first person plays both family and occults. The first person hates watching family lets plays though. In a discussion about lets plays, I will mention the ones I don't like. Lets make assumptions \o/
    @SimmerGeorge with all due respect but I do not need to have studied psychology and communication to understand that the only reason you’re arguing about this is because you agree with OP. And that’s totally fine.
    You can’t accuse every single person who agreed with @CelSims for the reasons you imply.

I can’t speak for others why they click on a like button. I can only speak for myself. I don’t need to justify why I like or not like a comment, but sure here you go anyway:
    I’m as much of a realism player as I am an occult player. I’m also a builder. I’m not a family player per se, because I can barely look after one sim, let alone 5 toddlers. I’m fully aware of the fact that there are many family/ occult players.

Fact is, I don’t watch let’s plays. Full stop. I don’t watch Star Wars let’s plays, occult watch plays, Realism let’s plays, speed builds. I’m sure there are Star Wars family let’s plays, in which the whole sim family visits the Galaxy’s Edge themepark. Wonderful for those who like to watch any of that.

But for me personally, the last let’s play that I‘d watch if I was absolutely forced into watching any at all would be- you guessed it- family let’s plays. So yes, to me that comment was kind of comical, solely because of how I feel about those in contrast to the SW GP. Which is absolutely nothing. I simply have no feelings for family let’s plays. Not even in my stomach. No further context needed.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I wish sometimes you'd actually reply to the things I say and not just over generalize something and make it your reply.

I analyzed the situation and tried to explain how I see it. Instead of replying to that you say "Well you just agree with the OP and that's all". That's not good conversation, I'm sorry. If you have nothing to say about my comment why even reply?
    I just think people are bothered this pack isn't doing good, because it's basically an ad for a theme park. You can't change the fact that a majority of simmers would like to forget this pack forever and will go down as probably the worst one ever.

There are many ways to read into something though. Nobody was assuming anything, other than sharing the same feeling OP has, except with another kind of let’s play that they don’t like. That happens to be family let’s plays.

At this point we should know that many occult players and Star Wars fans have a passionate dislike for the pack. And that’s understandable. It has nothing to do with being a realism player or not. It think we’ve all learned that in the past month.

Sure, this pack is different and apparently it makes some people physically sick. Perhaps those folks should get their digestive system checked if that’s all it takes. It could be tummy bug.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 You know I studied psychology and communication and I have to tell you, communication doesn't consist of the "literal factual statement" people like to use as an excuse to get someone who said something out of the sticky situation of admiting that what they said was incorrect.
    Communication and understanding what the other person says is also heavily related to context and previous knowledge on a situation. If this had been a thread about something completely different you would have all bashed the second comment because of its "hate" nature. But since you know the comment is targeted as a response to the OPs feeling about the Star Wars pack, you all understand the hidden (occult vs family) context of the comment and like it.
    This is exactly why I interpreted @CelSims comment the way I did.

Can u explain to me hidden occult vs family context of my comment? I'd especially like to know as my own play usually intermingles both of those.

I don't like watching family lets plays. It has nothing to do with how I play myself, I just find other people's very very boring.
    There was no hate of any particular style of play. Maybe if you are going to psychoanalyze a comment that was in keeping with the original topic of the thread, (What the op doesn't like to watch), then you should use your understanding of the context and knowledge of my previous posts to see that I have on occasion posted pictures of my family, or mentioned that I'm on roughly gen 40 of my family, or that I've completed the 100 baby challenge twice along with other legacy challenges?

You saw a comment you didn't agree with and jumped to an awful lot of conclusions.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I just think people are bothered this pack isn't doing good, because it's basically an ad for a theme park. You can't change the fact that a majority of simmers would like to forget this pack forever and will go down as probably the worst one ever.

Nah, it's obviously you who can't stand the fact that you can't change people who like the pack or that they are going to continue enjoying it no matter how many YouTubers or forum users complain, nor how many times you declare its failure. Because to those who like it, it doesn't matter if the pack has sold well or not, it's already here to enjoy and that's exactly what we're doing. I also don't think any of us ever expected it to be a huge hit, because I've seen a lot of players acknowledge or joke that they believe they're in a minority or have agreed that it is very niche or that this is probably something we'll never see again. But again, that doesn't matter because people who are playing it in the here and now don't care.

Maybe that's what's bothering you? If you were so certain about the pack's failure, you wouldn't need to keep holding up your signs in protest because it's already over. It's been a week and a half, lol.

Honestly, the OP started a melodramatic thread. We all know how those end up. People reacted as expected with sarcasm and silliness. You're taking it too seriously.
    #Team Occult
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    TBH, I don't even watch any Sims Youtubers anymore. I just play my game. I play because I like the game. I can stop playing if I'm bored. I don't need any Youtubers to motivate me. I can do it by myself. So, you can just not to watch them or either try it for yourselves, else you have an option to completely ignore the pack & wait patiently for the next one.

Just to let you know that, I bought the pack & I love it!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    To be fair the pack isn’t that bad and you could use it to make sim kids a Star Wars themed room. You don’t have to bash the pack if you don’t like it ok but most people bought it for possibilities in the pack. It just adds a themed park like place for your sims to visit. If you didn’t want that in your game no one forced you to buy the pack.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I'm confused. What were we talking about again? 😄

I could be wrong but I think it's a few topics in one. To summerize...

Star Wars Pack is bad... provided you don't like the Star Wars Pack.
    Let's Play Videos make people sick... but only if they watch them, and dislike them.
    Family Players don't like Star Wars... except if they do.
    Occult Players don't like Star Wars... except if they do.
    Family Players don't like Family Let's Plays... except if they do.
    Let's Plays are bad... except the good ones.
    The good ones are good to the people that like them.
    Communication is important. It's either good or bad to judge others on their communication skills.
    And the most important #1 thing this thread is about... as evidenced by the topic title is that some people simply can't even. No fault/blame to those people of course.

That made me giggle! And, I for one, think that was a perfect summary of what this topic is about!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Let's Play Videos make people sick... but only if they watch them, and dislike them.
    Communication is important. It's either good or bad to judge others on their communication skills.
    And the most important #1 thing this thread is about... as evidenced by the topic title is that some people simply can't even. No fault/blame to those people of course.

That made me giggle! And, I for one, think that was a perfect summary of what this topic is about!

Haha ty! Glad you enjoyed the summary ;) I was a bit confused but I'm sure it's HIGHLY accurate :p hahaha!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Haha ty! Glad you enjoyed the summary ;) I was a bit confused but I'm sure it's HIGHLY accurate :p hahaha!

very lol

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    It must be frustrating when you bait post a few times for a response and then don't get the responses you were hoping for.
    #Team Occult
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member

Oh my, lol. Best reply ever , love it! :D Thanks for the giggles :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Sorry folks, were still at it. Don’t mind us. :D

You're all good, haha! I always enjoy your posts,and personally I think you are excellent at communicating your thoughts, and very respectful of all other players whether you agree or not, even those of us with wildly unpopular play styles like myself haha!!! So thanks!

Oh my, lol. Best reply ever , love it! :D Thanks for the giggles :)

Haha thanks! And yw!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member

Thank you. I needed that.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion