Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have Sims w/out CC?

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yes. :mrgreen:

I don't have many pictures any more. :(

wJJcY1G.jpg
    hHu8AJJ.jpg

WMskVO9.jpg

mR6p98e.jpg

zMqXy6d.jpg

fwPEWHr.jpg

mdEmDau.jpg
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I use default replacement skin, eyes, eyebrows, and even facial hair and makeup default replacements. I do also use cc hair but that's it besides store content.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited September 2020
    I told my wife that if I ever download 225 CC hairs at one time ever again...to smack me upside the head with a frying pan.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    @SimplyJen Thank you! :blush: I did my best :lol:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Apart from very few exceptions, I don't really use CC (I do use Store Content though)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I think for the most part my sims is cc-less, I only use default eyes replacer for the high quality looking eyeball.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I don't use any cc. My sim Ophelia
    M03sYFX.jpg

riding her horse Lily
    EAphZDV.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited October 2020
    BlackSand wrote: »
    I've got about halfway through the first set of facial sliders in my tutorial...and I'm getting kinda winded...on this tutorial (one thing I'm finding is that tutorials are a metric sh**-ton of work). So I'm just gonna save her at this point...and let fly with what I can come up with. She's binned so I can return to the slider tutorial that I'm working on. But you wanna see what she looks like when I go all out with her...(no-CC) Here goes.

How's this for ya @Nikkei_Simmer ... I can make her look pretty much like the other one ... :D

50354550492_1ef1516ce5_k.jpg

*** Edit ***
    For people who don't know why Custom Content is popular ...

The Same Sim ... 4 Clicks Later
    I changed Four things ... And each took one click ... :D

50354490136_ed579de66a_k.jpg

Happy Simming!

Well...I couldn't let this glove remain on the ground. :D with regards to...touching up...Ms. Vegetarian...Daredevil.

MsBinSim_original.jpg
    Here she is, untouched as one of the original bin-sims.

I really didn't have to do too much with her in regards to making her over (albeit this is with CC; without CC would have taken a lot more work).
    MsBinSim_madeover_IrisOHanrahan.jpg
    Introducing Ms. Iris O'Hanrahan.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    B3L7A_G0thB3L7A_G0th Posts: 39 Member
    edited December 2020
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Is Kassandra wearing CC skin? The eye folds don't look EA.

I used a different eye shape than the one that I usually use. Everything is EA.

I believe you, I play a bunch of sims with default skins that either don't have those horrible eye folds or they don't much diminish how attractive they are

Album with evidence: https://imgur.com/a/Jw3USRN
    Post edited by B3L7A_G0th on
    My Sims ID is KillerRaven125

Send me a friend request on The Sims 3 Exchange website so we can share builds!

Check out my gallery on Sims 4! (Haven't been playing Sims 4 for about a year now as I recently "discovered" Sims 3)
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member

I don't mind how the Sims look as is, but I do use custom content to give a more realistic look.

Screenshot-29.jpg

Screenshot-134.jpg

Quartzette.jpg
    Screenshot-67.jpg

Screenshot-644.jpg

Screenshot-1652.jpg

Screenshot-1907.jpg

Screenshot-1917.jpg

Screenshot-1919.jpg

Screenshot-1934.jpg

Screenshot-105.jpg

Screenshot-147.jpg

Screenshot-183.jpg

Screenshot-102.jpg

Screenshot-339.jpg

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    The only kind of Sims 3 CC I have is clothing. And even then it’s not much. Maybe I’m just weird, but I kinda like the EA Sims. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all! Many of my Sims end up looking similar, but maybe it’s just based on what I find pretty. And besides, even if they end up looking similar and have similar Lifetime Wishes, their lives are never identical.

I have looked at toddler/child CC hair, but it’s not for me. Most of the hairs I find are OK on the Sim model, but would look ridiculous in-game IMO, like hair that is being lifted by some invisible wind. Then there are the braids ones, where they’re floating way above the Sim’s chest, because clearly gravity isn’t a thing... and the toddler ones are mostly ridiculously long and shiny.

I have more CC in Sims 4, but Maxis Match is more of a thing there. And, in both games, I’ve never used CC skins/makeup/eyes etc.

For a long time, I didn’t use any sort of game mods or CC... but now I do :D As in, I only installed my NRAAS mods in January this year. I’ve been playing for a long time, too. Not continuously, I’ve had patches of several months where I haven’t played at all, and I’ve often deleted old saves for one reason or another.
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Never liked CC, most things end up looking too much like barbie dolls and other plastic toys for my liking. You can get some really good looking sims out of the default engine, just gotta learn how to tweak the sliders, and never play Sunset Valley or Riverview, when the Sims 3 teams were still new :p
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Only the clothes, hair, and tattoos I use are CC sometimes. I don't use CC skins and I'm a bit picky about clothes and hair. I prefer they blend in with the rest of the game so I don't even use some of the EA provided stuff if it looks too weird.

I think people who say Sims 3 sims are ugly never actually bothered to play around with the sliders and learn or don't have a good enough specs to tell the difference so they write it off, and I say that as someone who used to play The Sims 3 on a cheap laptop from Walmart and who still never thought the sims were ugly nor hard to make pretty. When I got a better laptop I transferred over and edited my favorites and created more unique looking sims and got more into editing townies because I could actually tell the difference then. They still felt different to me because they have such unique personalities but I did notice that they looked way too similar.

Now that I think about it I think most of my favorite sims were probably generated randomly by that sim finder app in game and I barely edited them. I do not remember making them but I vaguely remember editing them lol. So likely all the sliders were set to 0 and I just changed a few things here and there and was done at the time.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited December 2020
    You certainly can make 'not' ugly sims using the tools EA provided (the sliders in CAS) as evidenced here in this thread. And I think EA did a good job creating diverse looking sims in the official towns. Most of the sims saved in my bin are townies that I thought looked interesting and would be a good base for future sims I would want to create. That being said, I don't think I'd want to go back to playing without CC. Below is a picture of a Sim that I created. The left is him without CC and the right is a totally transformed version that has only the bright eyes mod and Mango Yogurt skin. He just looked so much better with so little effort.

PXDR0oh.jpg

He's different now days and looks even better to me. Mikezumi recommended some realistic body and hair mods that I don't think I'd play without anymore.
    Post edited by Satanu_Reeves on
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    ARRensch wrote: »
    I noticed a lot of people claiming that Sims 3 sims are ugly unless you have cc

I personally think that the default sims are pretty, they are like Barbie and Ken (Except certain pre-mades). My main issue is that sometimes they look dull.

I tend to avoid CC on my sims (except hairstyles and clothing). No skins, eyebrows, makeup, contacts, or sliders.

I think there can be beautiful sims with EA sliders and the right outfit and hairstyle, while having an interesting looks.

Also some of my favourite premades/my sims are not pretty but I like it, sometimes it is part of the story. :smile:

• Options
    --ginafz9l---ginafz9l- Posts: 330 Member
    edited December 2020
    I personally use a different skin and eyes, but other than that, the only cc I tend to use is hair (assuming you don't count store content as cc). Not to sure why I do this now I think about it, I guess I'm happy with the choice avaliable to me. Still occationally pick clothes up from the store though if I feel I'm missing something.
    Only the clothes, hair, and tattoos I use are CC sometimes. I don't use CC skins and I'm a bit picky about clothes and hair. I prefer they blend in with the rest of the game so I don't even use some of the EA provided stuff if it looks too weird.

That's probably another reason too. Clothes especially I find look a bit jarring.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited December 2020
    I don't know if my sims counts as no cc, but I only use default eye replacement and skintone that is similar to vanilla skin aesthetic wise, I dont really like using custom skintone that make sims like a doll. I still prefer the default looks of sims in sims 3
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited December 2020
    I can no longer play the sims 3 after changing to a new mac which doesn’t support bootcamp and it keeps crashing in 64bit metal version without mod and ccs. I’ve been missing my sim families now. T_T I’d love to join here but I don’t think I can do unless getting a new pc. I started the sims 4 yesterday but so far, no fun. Maybe I can try to create a sim without cc but not sure if it’s possible.
  • Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    I often just use EA skin with some makeup (but the makeup is typically CC), other than that, no, I can’t stand no CC. But, if your sim has good enough bone structure, they can be attractive without CC.
  • Options
    kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
    I love the sims 3, I really do, but there's no way I can play it without CC :/
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I looked around some of my old screenshots and my big saved sims folder and here are just some of my sims.

hysrn9z.jpg
    7aHgEDR.jpg
    0SF96Ms.jpg
    Djkbo8I.jpg
    pByO0fX.jpg
    phZD62N.jpg
    IkaFDBx.jpg
    y4D5JaV.jpg
    4ToAiN5.jpg
    bbxCtfn.jpg
    ZazvdhN.jpg
    6eE1hVa.jpg
    csujRwt.jpg
    TTx43Zv.jpg
    4XCoGmD.jpg
    g5PPvSU.jpg
    xvm6S0W.jpg
    fhYMD29.jpg
    uc8ofyM.jpg
    vSDUHdL.jpg
    0OuNNvL.jpg
    mPhkAY1.jpg

Most of them have no custom content at all and the rest have either custom hair, facial hair or clothes but all their skin and the looks is Sims 3, no CC skins, no extra sliders. Unless I make them specifically to be ugly I have no problem creating unique, decent to good looking sims in The Sims 3.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Also, I don't care either what anyone says about TS3 sims. I love mine ( and lots of other peoples ) and that is all I care about.

This is the best quote from this topic. <3
    I used to talk to a guy that complained a lot about my screenshots saying that my sims were ugly. Needless to say, we don't talk to each other anymore.
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I played very little this year and since I'm trying to reduce CC and mods in general, I tried to play a little without the skin I'd been using for years.

50785907507_f84b05ac0b_h.jpgScreenshot-2 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

50785805936_180302b08a_h.jpgScreenshot-7 by Marcos Da Silva, no Flickr

I agree that the lips don't look cool, specially on kids. The reason I use a CC default skin is because I miss nipples on men. I don't understand why several games remove this part of the body.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I'm using no mods at all on TS3 with this install, and it seems quite stable. I'm slowly figuring out getting decent looking Sims. My old Simself from an old save on an old PC was basically just a premade with my name attached. I did my current one from scratch. Takes more time and attention (but in a lot of ways, I think the sliders are more precise, despite not as easy to use), but it is possible.
  • Options
    KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yup, the only custom content I use are clothes,hair, and occasionally make-up However, I definitely think Sims can look pretty without any CC at all. Here's my current PGC heir, Sugar Spise. She doesn't have any CC at all besides her lipstick.
    50788724893_95c114378d_c.jpg