Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love Nifty Knitting!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Kittie885Kittie885 Posts: 94 Member
    I love this pack so much! I was surprised when it actually won the poll to be made. I loved the Laundry Day pack and also voted for it. I saw in another forum where someone was totally bashing these two packs (and others) saying the community usually chooses the worst packs.. and I have to admit I felt a little offended.

I'm the type of person who loves little hobby-ish things like this, and doing house/garden work. (I guess i'm a little bit of a weirdo) I only wish sims could make the bed again, and that they would add a few more small things to do like vacuuming and tea ceremonies. I know you can add things to tea now to "infuse" the tea.. but I wish there were more types of tea.. or better yet!! Be able to use any flower, herb or food to make your own tea!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    This pack was sort of like Journey To Batuu, didn't think I would like it because I voted for HH. I hadn't planned to buy it but all the things you can knit plus plopsy and ROCKING CHAIRS! I never regretted buying it. Like everyone doesn't go to Batuu, not everyone knits but can look on Plopsy for stuff. I adore the mailboxes!

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    I didn’t vote for it because I think it’s a horrible choice for anyone to pick when we had better options but it’s a decent pack even if I think we should of gotten more then just knitting. But I enjoy how much there is for it. You get “Etsy”, a bunch of items to knit & I think it’s nice you can donate extra clothing or sell them online. 8/10 rating for me :)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I am actually thinking of getting it this weekend.
    I am not lacking for things to do with my Sims because well I tend to only play a single sim or a couple (and never rotate) and between the gym club, the recycling and building and making and robot constructing and university and... but more is better. Plus it fits with the maker sim my main Sim will be marrying...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I'm pretty simple in my playing and I have to say the rocking chair alone is worth the price of the pack. Sims just love that thing. They get so relaxed they just fall asleep sometimes

asmsB05.png
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I love this pack as well. I adore some of the new knitted items, especially for giving my sim family as gifts for Holidays. Love knitting the kids toys and giving them as Winterfest gifts to my Sims kids. Can't wait to have more babies and use the onsies for them. Love the rocking chair too. My sims always go directly to it if it is available over any other seat.
  • Options
    SofieSimsxSofieSimsx Posts: 38 Member
    I haven't played it yet but it's the next pack I plan on buying :)
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I love this pack. I crochet and do crafts so this rings all my bells. I love the clutter, love that we can build our own craft room. Love the interactions, the donating, gifting and ... well, everything!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I bought it but haven't used it much. Took me ages to figure out how to knit at all to begin with (very clunky interface).
    I assume if you want a knitting club or something you would have to pay for baskets and then give them as gifts to the other sims in order for them to be able to knit (I never play rotating, so I only always control a single household).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I found that my sims sometimes wouldn’t knit they would just stand there for a few sim minutes then wave their hands like something is blocking them. The only sure fire way is have your sim rocking in a rocking chair then choose what to knit using the knit basket.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    TeeSea wrote: »
    I found that my sims sometimes wouldn’t knit they would just stand there for a few sim minutes then wave their hands like something is blocking them.
    I've just been getting that with my current played sim - I wasn't sure if it was because she was pregnant or some other reason. Can pregnant sims knit? I thought maybe her big belly was in the way lol.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    TeeSea wrote: »
    I found that my sims sometimes wouldn’t knit they would just stand there for a few sim minutes then wave their hands like something is blocking them.
    I've just been getting that with my current played sim - I wasn't sure if it was because she was pregnant or some other reason. Can pregnant sims knit? I thought maybe her big belly was in the way lol.

They don't knit when they are bored. Also they get bored if you ask them to knit a few items in a row.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I never had a problem knitting, but then I always click on a seat to get them started, never on the basket.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    When the sale was announced, the first thing I did today was buy the pack. :smiley: I'm a crafty person and love to knit, it's fun to have my sims knit too.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They don't knit when they are bored. Also they get bored if you ask them to knit a few items in a row.
    If that's the case, they usually have the 'bored of knitting' moodlet, don't they? Which she didn't have, because she hadn't knitted anything for ages.
    When the sale was announced, the first thing I did today was buy the pack. :smiley: I'm a crafty person and love to knit, it's fun to have my sims knit too.
    Ooh, lucky! It's not often that stuff packs go on sale. Are you enjoying it? I have been rl knitting today, but time to get back to my game now.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    If that's the case, they usually have the 'bored of knitting' moodlet, don't they? Which she didn't have, because she hadn't knitted anything for ages.
    Ooh, lucky! It's not often that stuff packs go on sale. Are you enjoying it? I have been rl knitting today, but time to get back to my game now.

My impression is that the bored or not interested thing is a bit depending on personality or needs in addition to those modlets. I understand them sometimes, but not always. So I just go with the idea of not all sims are meant to knit all day long :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited October 2020

I'm really enjoying it. I have a spell caster sim who is just cranking through the levels, she's a knitting master. For Winterfest, she gives all of her friends & family knitted gifts. My one small complaint would be is that I wish it had been a hobby game pack or expansion pack, and included sewing, pottery & a few other hobbies. My favorite expansion in Sims 2 is FreeTime because I love how hobbies enrich a sim's personality.