Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu is just a fetch quest world and worse not a livable sim world.

2...Next

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Akil wrote: »
    I'm so sad because I was honestly very excited for the SW theme but every thing I read makes it sound just terrible :c

I think that's the worst part. There were people who were genuinely excited for the pack, and the pack even failed them. If you're going to make a niche theme like this, at least make it the most amazing pack ever so that it has a chance to pull in the players who were skeptical.

Yeah, I was one of the people that was excited about it. But as more information came out the more disappointed I was. However, I kept thinking, "Well, as long as it has great game play, I won't mind the disappointing things that have come to light...."

....Only to find that the missions are indeed fetch quests and other recycled stuff. No new game play! In a GAME PACK! 😔

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Is it true that Vampires & Spellcasters lose their powers if they visit Batuu?
    Yes. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981195/vampires-and-spellcasters-on-batuu

Read there was a mod, looked it up and found this:
    http://www.sims4modding.com/allow-regular-outfits-occult-interactions-in-batuu/

Some cheats:
    https://www.gamesradar.com/sims-4-star-wars-cheats/

I had an idea to make your own quests with the pack, but no mod for it yet.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EteyraEteyra Posts: 26 Member
    I agree with everything said in the original post.
    I was excited about this pack. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, I couldn't wait to be able to live in a Star Wars town.
    And when I started playing I was like: wait... where can I build my house? Where can I live? How am I supposed to spend vacations here?

This pack is so linear. You have to do missions or you can't do anything at all. And even the missions are becoming boring and repetitive after a while. You tell me they couldn't at least insert a single extra lot for a house? What's the point of it being a vacation spot? You can only go dance at the Cantina and go to sleep in a rabbit hole. What the hell?

Of course it's not the only deception of this pack, but like it has been said, I could have forgiven it if I could live my Star Wars fantasy life in a cool house in an entire different world because I'm kind of tired of American like cities.
    I feel this pack is very very lazy. Like something rushed because Disney put a check on the table and a deadline on a board.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    My thoughts exactly. Cashola at work.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Finally had time to play the pack and I do not dig it as it is task oriented and boring at that. But that is okay as I got the pack cheap. No editing is allowed, no lots etc. I see no point in long term use as most stuff is restricted to that one neighborhood.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    I finally realized what the pack reminds me of is the Sims Superstar in that it has a place to visit for a limited time, 3 buildable lots, multiple celebs, 3 career type paths with some variation with them. I think that is why I get some nostalgia with it too, it gives me some Will Wright vibes with it with how he designed that pack.

Origin of chance cards and story driven gameplay was this system:
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Fame_(career)
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    Eteyra wrote: »
    I agree with everything said in the original post.
    I was excited about this pack. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, I couldn't wait to be able to live in a Star Wars town.
    And when I started playing I was like: wait... where can I build my house? Where can I live? How am I supposed to spend vacations here?

This pack is so linear. You have to do missions or you can't do anything at all. And even the missions are becoming boring and repetitive after a while. You tell me they couldn't at least insert a single extra lot for a house? What's the point of it being a vacation spot? You can only go dance at the Cantina and go to sleep in a rabbit hole. What the hell?

Of course it's not the only deception of this pack, but like it has been said, I could have forgiven it if I could live my Star Wars fantasy life in a cool house in an entire different world because I'm kind of tired of American like cities.
    I feel this pack is very very lazy. Like something rushed because Disney put a check on the table and a deadline on a board.

The rabbit hole accommodations just blow my mind.
    I built my own below the Cantina and it adds much to immersion.

They already set up decent living in a destination world with Jungle Adventures, why not do the same for Batuu?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds