Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you buy it

Comments

• EvilWitch83EvilWitch83 Posts: 140 Member
    No. I was thinking about buying it in a 50% off sale if it got good reviews, but after seeing a few reviews on it I am now going to avoid it. Even the knitting pack is better value to me than that one.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yes I did. Took my sim on a day-trip there, did the first mission, explored a bit, met some people. I'll be going back when he can get some time off work. Loved some of the Build/Buy stuff! Not explored CAS much yet.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Nope and i don't intend to. I love Sims and I love Star Wars and would have bought a separate Star Wars Sims game like Sims Medieval, but I don't want the very different style of Star Wars content to look (insanely) out of place with the rest of my game saves.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Maybe once EA/Maxis are done with the Sims 4 I MIGHT consider it....mmmm...Nah, I'll just go and buy a Star Wars game and~ OH WAIT - I already have some! No problem! Peace!
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    Absolutely not! And I can say with 100% certainty that I never will.
  • cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    Yes, I was already playing a story where I was envisioning my Sim as an eccentric robot builder who lives alone in a "lair" with his creations (a la Blade Runner) and decided he'd be perfect to visit Batuu. So far he's having a grand time working with the smugglers.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    No, never. What would have interested me would have been my Sims either becoming jedi with the powers of the force. And others becoming part of the Empire and falling under the darkside of the force with powers. What is the point of a lightsabre if I can't chop off Darth Vader's arm? I'm sure there is no gore or consequences done with the sabre. What is the point of a stormtropper if my Sims can't cut down a few of them? And or even help them fight with weapons? SW is an action packed shooter game, what is it doing in The Sims. Even if I played SW and not just a fan of the original movies I would have expected more from a pack than play dress up and follow some scripted lines to finish.

I mean c'mon what attracted the fans of SW to SW in the first place back in the 70's? The Force.
    It is the whole reason SW was such as success without it, it's any other story about renegades and governments, so without the Force as a reason to play a pack or even a SW game it's pretty much useless.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I did.
    I’m having such a blast it’s almost criminal. Someone arrest me.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Nope and i don't intend to. I love Sims and I love Star Wars and would have bought a separate Star Wars Sims game like Sims Medieval, but I don't want the very different style of Star Wars content to look (insanely) out of place with the rest of my game saves.

Exactly my thoughts. A spinoff would've made much more sense.

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yes, I really like it :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Not yet but I will at some point. I was all excited for it because I love Star Wars but after what I’ve seen I’m a little skeptical.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Not yet, but it's on my list. The gameplay thread addressed most of of my worries, so now I'm looking forward to send sims to Batu.
    Hopefully by the time I'm ready to buy there will be mods that let us bring inventory items.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    No, and I don't intend to. Even if it was a free download.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I did.
    I’m having such a blast it’s almost criminal. Someone arrest me.

We're laaaaaaaaawbreakers!!!! 😈 Havin' a blast!

I bought two copies. One for my bestie who's been with me on that GFFA journey since we were barely old enough to remember a time before there was the Star Wars, and one for me.

Might get a third copy for my Xbox at some point when it goes on sale.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    I spent my saved $20 on lip gloss 😬 Dang nice lip gloss too
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I haven't and I don't expect to either. Star Wars isn't my thing and I don't imagine I can incorporate it into my regular save. :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    No, and I will never even come close to wanting this pack. It’s easy for me to not buy packs that I don’t want. I’ve done it many times.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I usually like game packs.I got all of them in my game, but this one Nah! Not even on sale.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I brought it but not full price, I got 50% off the pack and experiencing what I experienced, it did not take long to see the shortcomings. I am glad I did not pay full price. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Nope. It looks fun, and if my day had 48 hrs I certainly would get it even if I can't blend it well with my existing game, it would be a fun escape. Been busy programming a huge family tree for my game, spanning 70+ houses and lines going 225 years back - so it keeps me too busy to change my mind at the moment :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Nope, hope it stays far, far away.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    No. And I never will. I've watched plenty of videos on the game play and build/buy objects. There are a few nice plants and lamps. The floors are cool, but none of that is worth the money. Plus, I don't like Star Wars.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    No I won’t buy this one.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2020
    so many people saying they will not buy star wars pack but did you buy it anyways just curious i have not bought it

I will be buying it.

Good, with a bit of luck the fewer people that buy it the better. the forums are riddled with complaints as it is.
    Nobody as to buy it if they don't want it.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2020
    I've been excited for this pack but only for CAS and BUILD, not for game play. I was definitely going to buy it as a bundle later, but now I'm not so sure. It costs $5 more than other game packs in my country, and paying more for a pack that I was going to get only for CAS... well not sure it's worth it to me even if I DO like the pack. If that doesn't affect the bundle price I'l prob still get it though (Waiting for the next expasion to find out as I can't bundle yet haha)

I should note, I still want it. Just not sure I'd use it enough to make it financially worth it at this time. Or maybe on sale later, I'm just not sure at this point.