Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Has Had It with The Sims 4

Comments

• qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    Good! I was getting tired if his TS4 videos. You could tell he wasn't having fun with them. I prefer his other series.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    @Scobre @Oldeseadogge @ClarionOfJoy Have you heard about Little Sim World? Looking forward to that one as well. It's a little more simplistic style wise but looks like it will be fun.

I just watched a video about Little Sim World last night from Plumbella and I have to say that I was really impressed with what I saw. I'm actually way more excited for this game than I am for Paralives. The character development options were so impressive and I like the cute art style. I will definitely be keeping an on the development of this game.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2020
    I know that representation is very important to some people and I dont ignore that, but the sims 4 since the very beginning is putting way more focus on "Representation" and abandoning the game core gameplay issues. if it's the otherway around there wouldnt be so much backlash.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I feel him and I'm not surprised at all. I'm pretty much at the same point myself. I haven't bought a pack, nor touched the game in 2 years, and every day I contemplate just completely uninstalling origin from my computer and removing all my Sims 4 files. Even if the very next few releases are things I've been wanting for years, I don't even want to give any money to EA at this point. Because it shouldn't have taken this long for them to add the stuff millions of us have been asking for. So I'm happy to see many long time simmers calling EA out.
  • Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    edited September 2020
    2020 will, personally, go down as the worst year for Sims 4 packs ever...the funless 'Eco-Lifestyle'...the yawn inducing 'Knifty Knitting' and the empty and soulless, 'Journey To Baaku'. LGR leaving Sims 4 is like a nail in the coffin of a franchise that died a while ago. I am so disappointed in 'Journey To Baaku', I really wanted to buy this, but what a train wreck it is...repetitive, soulless gameplay with empty rewards and reasons to continue.
    I got a lot of flack when I created a post about 'Eco-Lifestyle' and how disappointing it was and just how completely joyless it was...I saw the slippery slope back then and now everything is slipping towards the end.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Who cares what he thinks.

SW is a great pack.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @Scobre @Oldeseadogge @ClarionOfJoy Have you heard about Little Sim World? Looking forward to that one as well. It's a little more simplistic style wise but looks like it will be fun.
    I haven't, but always looking into new games. I'm a variety gamer, so always interested in new games especially in the independent studios market.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Simtanium wrote: »

SW is a great pack.
    Depends who you ask. I enjoy it, but I never play any of the packs or games as they are intended. Not everyone does and that is ok too. But I am not too happy right now with Disney after not doing their due diligence when filming Mulan but I won't go into the details of it. Star Wars pack is nothing compared to that backlash.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    2020 will, personally, go down as the worst year for Sims 4 packs ever...the funless 'Eco-Lifestyle'...the yawn inducing 'Knifty Knitting' and the empty and soulless, 'Journey To Baaku'. LGR leaving Sims 4 is like a nail in the coffin of a franchise that died a while ago. I am so disappointed in 'Journey To Baaku', I really wanted to buy this, but what a train wreck it is...repetitive, soulless gameplay with empty rewards and reasons to continue.
    I got a lot of flack when I created a post about 'Eco-Lifestyle' and how disappointing it was and just how completely joyless it was...I saw the slippery slope back then and now everything is slipping towards the end.

Everything is screwed in 2020 and it was not an good year for anything. :(
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Simtanium wrote: »

SW is a great pack.

For you maybe.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited September 2020
    He is not the only one, other simmers are 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and fed up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxIeyw5HF5g&t=7s
    Post edited by BrittanyChick22 on
    giphy.gif

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Way too often criticism of this game is turned into a “you problem” (where the complainer is the issue not the complaint actually being raised), Telling someone who’s offering good feedback and ideas to just walk away is no better than censorship.

@drake_mccarty Also the whole dismissing of criticism by calling it "your opinion" is kind of getting counter-productive. Especially with reviewers like Carl's Guides or LGR who whenever they criticize something they can actually back it up by showing the proof in the game, it's kind of ignorant to call the criticism "just their opinion". If they say the world only has "like 3 lots and the districts are small so not much room for exploration" you can't say well that's just "his opinion". The world literally has 3 (or less) lots and many rabbitholes and the districts aren't very big.
    Now the difference from a piece of criticism to an actual opinion is for example "I hate that the Star Wars pack only has three lots because I care about world sizes" or from a positive perspective "I like the pack regardless because I simply don't care if it has 3 lots, for me it's enough". Those are opinions.
    This is why whenever LGR reviews a pack, he will do a short overview and in the end he will say "in my opinion" this pack is worth it or not. The part that comes before that are actual facts he backs up and not opinions.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited September 2020
    Way too often criticism of this game is turned into a “you problem” (where the complainer is the issue not the complaint actually being raised), Telling someone who’s offering good feedback and ideas to just walk away is no better than censorship.

@drake_mccarty Also the whole dismissing of criticism by calling it "your opinion" is kind of getting counter-productive. Especially with reviewers like Carl's Guides or LGR who whenever they criticize something they can actually back it up by showing the proof in the game, it's kind of ignorant to call the criticism "just their opinion". If they say the world only has "like 3 lots and the districts are small so not much room for exploration" you can't say well that's just "his opinion". The world literally has 3 (or less) lots and many rabbitholes and the districts aren't very big.
    Now the difference from a piece of criticism to an actual opinion is for example "I hate that the Star Wars pack only has three lots because I care about world sizes" or from a positive perspective "I like the pack regardless because I simply don't care if it has 3 lots, for me it's enough". Those are opinions.
    This is why whenever LGR reviews a pack, he will do a short overview and in the end he will say "in my opinion" this pack is worth it or not. The part that comes before that are actual facts he backs up and not opinions.

I sometimes watch LGR's and Carl's reviews because I enjoy listening to these guys. Carl is very resourceful, LGR's videos contain the kind of humor that's right up my alley. I also find that they make some good points whenever they're showing an overview of DLC and draw comparisons between other iterations, packs, systems, game mechanics etc.

However, some of their commentary is simply based on their personal opinion, which I don't always agree with. They may be frustrated about an element that doesn't bother me personally.
    Their reviews provide a different perspective on things which I appreciate, but it never affects my decision to buy or not buy a product.
    I just want hard facts: What's in the pack? What can I do with it? Will it work for me? Yes? No? Grand. Either here's my money, or here's a 'no cheers see ya later.'

At the end of the day a review or criticism is always based on a personal opinion. When that criticism is shared by the majority it doesn't make it less of an opinion.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I thought that LGR might have enjoyed certain aspects of the pack, provided that he was a Star Wars fan. Boy, was I was mistaken!

I'm glad that he's standing by his principles. He speaks for a lot of us who are disappointed in the direction that the series has taken. We've been waiting so long for certain key improvements. In this, TS4's seventh year, it still hasn't happened. It seems to me that the community has been exceedingly patient. We're still here, still hoping. However, after a while, patience wears thin.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

I sometimes watch LGR's and Carl's reviews because I enjoy listening to these guys. Carl is very resourceful, LGR's videos contain the kind of humor that's right up my alley. I also find that they make some good points whenever they're showing an overview of DLC and draw comparisons between other iterations, packs, systems, game mechanics etc.

However, some of their commentary is simply based on their personal opinion, which I don't always agree with. They may be frustrated about an element that doesn't bother me personally.
    Their reviews provide a different perspective on things which I appreciate, but it never affects my decision to buy or not buy a product.
    I just want hard facts: What's in the pack? What can I do with it? Will it work for me? Yes? No? Grand. Either here's my money, or here's a 'no cheers see ya later.'

At the end of the day a review or criticism is always based on a personal opinion. When that criticism is shared by the majority it doesn't make it less of an opinion.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Yeah but that's not what I said. I said a big majority of reviews is literally an overview of what is in the pack. If the world has 3 lots it has 3 lots, not an opinion. If there are tons of rabbit holes, there are tons of rabbit holes, again not an opinion. If the missions include a lot of talking and walking around, that's not an opinion. If there are restrictions as to what you can wear and bring to Batuu then that's how it is, not an opinion. That's a fact of what the game offers.
    If those things don't bother you then they don't bother you, but don't be surprised they bother other people.

I would love to know exactly what you don't agree with when watching an LGR video. If you don't agree with the part of the video where he says he likes or doesn't like the pack then fine.
    If you don't agree with the part of the video where he says the pack has only 3 lots and tons of rabbit holes so not much room for exploration then I don't see how you can denying that without finding some hidden lot nobody saw or something.

That's the difference between opinion and fact I am talking about.
    I never, in my post, said that because the majority says so, it's a fact.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I was very happy when I read his tweet & shortly after promoting the other game :P
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited September 2020

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Yeah but that's not what I said. I said a big majority of reviews is literally an overview of what is in the pack. If the world has 3 lots it has 3 lots, not an opinion. If there are tons of rabbit holes, there are tons of rabbit holes, again not an opinion. If the missions include a lot of talking and walking around, that's not an opinion. If there are restrictions as to what you can wear and bring to Batuu then that's how it is, not an opinion. That's a fact of what the game offers.
    If those things don't bother you then they don't bother you, but don't be surprised they bother other people.

I would love to know exactly what you don't agree with when watching an LGR video. If you don't agree with the part of the video where he says he likes or doesn't like the pack then fine.
    If you don't agree with the part of the video where he says the pack has only 3 lots and tons of rabbit holes so not much room for exploration then I don't see how you can denying that without finding some hidden lot nobody saw or something.

That's the difference between opinion and fact I am talking about.
    I never, in my post, said that because the majority says so, it's a fact.

@SimmerGeorge
    I’m saying that I do see the difference between an overview and a critical review. In that sense I agree with you. What I’m also saying is that the overviews often include commentary based on the reviewers personal opinions. And I don’t ‘care’ about their commentary since I can judge for myself, as long as the reviewer offers enough factual information about that pack.

If a reviewer says ‘ there are 3 lots’ than that’s information I can do something with. If the reviewer says ‘there are 3 lots which isn’t much and I don’t like it. This pack is just another snoozefest.’, I could think to myself: ‘yes indeed there are 3 lots, I agree that it isn’t much (I share that opinion, because I can draw a comparison between worlds that offer more than 3 lots) but I hey you know what? I don’t mind that, because I noticed that there are things about this pack that won’t make it a snoozefest for me. Because, thank you reviewer, you offered a clear overview which I can base my decision on, so in that case I don’t care about your opinion.
    This is why I prefer watching live-streams. If I have no other option but to watch a review, I often turn off the sound so I can get a clear overview without the commentary.

For me the only thing I find useful are the facts, not the criticism. I could decide to listen to the criticism, because LGR brings it across in an entertaining way, however i can easily dismiss all the negative opinions (or praise! )because I buy based on what I think will enhance my gameplay. Not anybody else’s.
    So ‘dismissing’ someone’s criticism regarding a product (which at the end of the day is their personal opinion) is not counter productive for me. The only one that really should take the criticism of a consumer on board is the game developer.

drake_mccarty Also the whole dismissing of criticism by calling it "your opinion" is kind of getting counter-productive. Especially with reviewers like Carl's Guides or LGR who whenever they criticize something they can actually back it up by showing the proof in the game, it's kind of ignorant to call the criticism "just their opinion". If they say the world only has "like 3 lots and the districts are small so not much room for exploration" you can't say well that's just "his opinion". The world literally has 3 (or less) lots and many rabbitholes and the districts aren't very big.
    Both of them are prime examples of showing constructive criticism, so that is why it will be said to see LGR go. He was one of the few reviewers that never made his videos personal although burning that doll was quite fun. It was always easy to understand his feedback and I like that he backed up his feedback instead of just going off the feedback of the telephone game. There is something effective about hands on experience and not being influenced by paid sponsorships.
  • thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    I personally have never liked his videos. It has been apparent for a long time he had no interest in doing videos besides to make money. I don't need some random person telling me not to like a game.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited September 2020
    thelawtman wrote: »
    I personally have never liked his videos. It has been apparent for a long time he had no interest in doing videos besides to make money. I don't need some random person telling me not to like a game.

No, he LOVED The Sims series until TS4 came along. It's such a poorly done iteration that pretty much killed whatever affection he had for the series.

And if it was really all about just the money, he would have posted a video review of the latest game pack, but he didn't.

He posted this video a couple of years into TS4's run and explains a lot of his views on it and why he posted reviews about The Sims series:

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on