Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Has Had It with The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    @Scobre @Oldeseadogge @ClarionOfJoy Have you heard about Little Sim World? Looking forward to that one as well. It's a little more simplistic style wise but looks like it will be fun.

Yes, I posted about it in the speculations section but they moved to off topic. I'm definitely going to buy this one too - it's so cute and set in London instead of the usual US suburban town!

Official Website - Little Sim World

Forum Thread - Cute Contender: Little Sim World

• Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    That's disappointing, but not unexpected. I've played sims since sims 1 (basegame - yes I'm getting on in years) and the Star Wars pack was the straw that broke the camel's back for me too. I haven't played it in weeks and I've just got around to uninstalling it. I was still 'on the fence' until the letter saying they hear us, they're listening, but the next expansion won't include anything people have been asking about for years. The Star Wars pack may be fantastic, but it was the opposite of 'asked for' and shows they aren't listening at all (sorry rant over, didn't mean to hijack the thread). I truly hope the next couple of packs are awesome for those still playing.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    @Scobre @Oldeseadogge @ClarionOfJoy Have you heard about Little Sim World? Looking forward to that one as well. It's a little more simplistic style wise but looks like it will be fun.

Yes, I posted about it in the speculations section but they moved to off topic. I'm definitely going to buy this one too - it's so cute and set in London instead of the usual US suburban town!

Official Website - Little Sim World

Forum Thread - Cute Contender: Little Sim World

Wow so cute I am intrigued by it. :) I will be following this. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    Fair enough. It's natural to lose interest in something after a long time, he's been covering the game on his channel for eleven years. If you're just not interested in something anymore and can't give a proper unbiased review because of that taking a step back is a good idea.

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    He hasn't 'had it' with TS4. He also tweeted he'd wait to see what the next expansion pack is.

Also there is a thread in the correct forum. Packs.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981135/lgr-doesnt-want-to-review-journey-to-batuu-doesnt-want-to-cover-the-sims-4-anymore/p1

agreed
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I still don't know how to feel about Paralives. The graphics just aren't that appealing to me. I know it shouldn't matter so much about the graphics but generally if I don't find something appealing to look at then it usually won't manage to keep my attention for long.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited September 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    People of Newbury?
    Their Youtube channel and one of there new videos you can find here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MCKzkBzGb0

People Of Newberry is very shifty. We do not know who the developer is and what his background of programming/game development is.

Claims the game is 40% within a space of seven months of his development alone.

Also the fact that he didn't really support the LGBT side of things until out of the blue, he was going to add it in because a few people have called him out for it.

People Of Newbery, I would be careful with this one. If you want to pay for their patron, that is your choice and hopefully it is real as the developer claims to be.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I still don't know how to feel about Paralives. The graphics just aren't that appealing to me. I know it shouldn't matter so much about the graphics but generally if I don't find something appealing to look at then it usually won't manage to keep my attention for long.

Even though for me graphics if good even if not excellent, I am not sure about graphics and need more work done on it. However with the design I am digging it and designing appears to be more tailorable than Sims own. I am following this and hope it works out.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2020
    So_Money wrote: »
    He’s not alone. I’ve got one foot out the door. A few weeks ago I returned to the game after an absence of four or five months, just to tinker around in CAS and Build Mode. But since CK3 came out, I’ve shelved the game once again.

It's a great time right now if you are playing other games, there are a lot of new and exciting games that are releasing in the coming months. I can understand why LGR did not want to cover this pack and maybe not the sims4 at all right now, it really does not bring anything new to the table.

I played Marvel's Avengers last night and I am really liking it so far, I know new games cost a bit more but they are definitely giving me more content than what Maxis is offering right now...

I still like to start the game up and play around in CAS but I don't need to buy new packs for that.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i felt that he was at his breaking point soon with the knitting pack, i said on reddit he needs to just make a statement about not wanting to do this anymore. so im glad he did. it should be something he enjoys doing.

i do hope the next expansion is a good one. this has been a very rough year for fans.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »

I love the lighting, but I’m kind of meh on the graphics otherwise. They’re fine.

But that toolset is absolutely incredible and worth the price of admission alone.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Fair enough. It's natural to lose interest in something after a long time, he's been covering the game on his channel for eleven years. If you're just not interested in something anymore and can't give a proper unbiased review because of that taking a step back is a good idea.
    Every review is biased anyone who denies that is lying to themselves. Well there's also selling out and lying like most game changers so I guess there's that at least LGR was always truthful on how he felt about the direction and poor choices being made for Sims 4.
    I'm surprised he has stuck to it this long. I hope he covers Paralives and People of Newbery. I still enjoy his videos especially the Goodwill shopping ones.

Oh guess he will with Paralives, so that is good news. :)
    What a move by LGR he's proving not all heroes wear capes.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Every review is biased anyone who denies that is lying to themselves. Well there's also selling out and lying like most game changers so I guess there's that at least LGR was always truthful on how he felt about the direction and poor choices being made for Sims 4.

Yeah, but my point is if you don't like a game as a whole you're probably never gonna like the content they put in regardless of what it is, and will always be biased against it. If you don't like the game in the first place you're not gonna care for the content they add. He thought it best to not review the pack as he has no interest in the game anymore and I respect that decision. At the end of the day you can't really review something fairly if you don't give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about it if that makes sense.

For example, if I were to review a shooter game or something, I would not be able to review it properly as I don't play those kind of games and couldn't care less about it. In that case it would be better to not review it and leave reviewing it to others who are actually interested in the subject.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I think looking back on LGR's 4 year old video, he has predicted the future of TS4 and you can see the disappointment in his eyes and you will notice in every single Sims 4 review he is repeating the same issues with TS4 over again and I don't blame him for not doing a star wars review.

https://youtu.be/iqaprLT7zic
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Yeah, but my point is if you don't like a game as a whole you're probably never gonna like the content they put in regardless of what it is, and will always be biased against it. If you don't like the game in the first place you're not gonna care for the content they add. He thought it best to not review the pack as he has no interest in the game anymore and I respect that decision. At the end of the day you can't really review something fairly if you don't give a 🌺🌺🌺🌺 about it if that makes sense.

For example, if I were to review a shooter game or something, I would not be able to review it properly as I don't play those kind of games and couldn't care less about it. In that case it would be better to not review it and leave reviewing it to others who are actually interested in the subject.

I disagree. There is some content The Sims 4 does well that I know I like, and would love to have in the predecessor games. I don't think LGR or any other reviewer has had any hesitation in complimenting Maxis on what they do right.

I've just never heard someone claim someone can't fairly review something because they're critical of it. The dude has years of playing/reviewing simulation games as far back as the 80s/90s and The Sims. And I don't think he's particularly uninterested in the subject, but rather the game itself. IMHO, this particular entry doesn't actively try to be a life simulator and has gone way too far off the rails of its roots while failing to innovate.
  • Options
    KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Yeah, but my point is if you don't like a game as a whole you're probably never gonna like the content they put in regardless of what it is, and will always be biased against it. If you don't like the game in the first place you're not gonna care for the content they add. He thought it best to not review the pack as he has no interest in the game anymore and I respect that decision. At the end of the day you can't really review something fairly if you don't give a 🌺🌺🌺🌺 about it if that makes sense.

I disagree. There is some content The Sims 4 does well that I know I like, and would love to have in the predecessor games. I don't think LGR or any other reviewer has had any hesitation in complimenting Maxis on what they do right.

I've just never heard someone claim someone can't fairly review something because they're critical of it. The dude has years of playing/reviewing simulation games as far back as the 80s/90s and The Sims. And I don't think he's particularly uninterested in the subject, but rather the game itself. IMHO, this particular entry doesn't actively try to be a life simulator and has gone way too far off the rails of its roots while failing to innovate.

Sorry for interjecting, and Onverser correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't interpret not interested as critical. I interpreted that as the game just flat out not holding any interest to you. To add on to their example- I don't watch action movies. I'm not critical of action movies, but I just don't care about them and tend to be voted when I watch them. So I probably wouldn't be a great reviewer for those movies. I agree that someone can't really review something well if they're not even interested in the project.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Agree with this. If you're going to have someone reviewing something they're highly interested in, it's going to be positive so it is going to be bias.

You need someone who is honest by showing the downside of the pack as well as the upside of the pack. And someone who has played the older sims games for a decent review just like car reviews who compare the older model to the newer model

LGR has always been a fan of the sims. The Sims 4 has stripped a lot of stuff that the older sims once had, LGR has been repeating this lack of depth and features removed.
  • Options

The difference is that LGR has been playing the sims franchise for years. That's a bad comparison.

• Options
    KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »

Agree with this. If you're going to have someone reviewing something they're highly interested in, it's going to be positive so it is going to be bias.

You need someone who is honest by showing the downside of the pack as well as the upside of the pack. And someone who has played the older sims games for a decent review just like car reviews who compare the older model to the newer model

LGR has always been a fan of the sims. The Sims 4 has stripped a lot of stuff that the older sims once had, LGR has been repeating this lack of depth and features removed.

Negative bias in a review that comes from not liking the franchise or company is just as bad. Being critical is fine, and obviously reviewers should show the cons as much as the pros. But someone going in with the mindset that the game sucks and the pack won't be worth it is going to produce a biased review.

Not saying that's how LGR feels, I never really watch video reviews. This is actually why I don't watch video reviews, in my opinion most of the reviewers are either such big fans they downplay the problems or dislike the current game so much they downplay what it does well.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Krueger wrote: »

Negative bias in a review that comes from not liking the franchise or company is just as bad. Being critical is fine, and obviously reviewers should show the cons as much as the pros. But someone going in with the mindset that the game sucks and the pack won't be worth it is going to produce a biased review.

Not saying that's how LGR feels, I never really watch video reviews. This is actually why I don't watch video reviews, in my opinion most of the reviewers are either such big fans they downplay the problems or dislike the current game so much they downplay what it does well.

He loves the franchise though. Even when TS3 was under EA. You need to watch his TS3 dlc reviews and compare them to TS4 dlc reviews. They were not biased, he was honest. He said some positive stuff that he thought was personally cool.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Krueger wrote: »

I don't think he has a negative bias. He is seeing the truth for what it is. When you have played this franchise since the beginning, it is hard to look at Sims 4 and be satisfied. I know they can do better than this and he knows it too.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    People of Newbury?
    Their Youtube channel and one of there new videos you can find here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MCKzkBzGb0

People Of Newberry is very shifty. We do not know who the developer is and what his background of programming/game development is.

Claims the game is 40% within a space of seven months of his development alone.

Also the fact that he didn't really support the LGBT side of things until out of the blue, he was going to add it in because a few people have called him out for it.

People Of Newbery, I would be careful with this one. If you want to pay for their patron, that is your choice and hopefully it is real as the developer claims to be.
    Don't worry I won't. Not into MMO online games like second life anyways. A lot of lifestyles will be excluded from that game anyways including that just because of how PC media is there. If people think these forums are censored, they'll have a rude awakening there from all negativity.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited September 2020

The difference is that LGR has been playing the sims franchise for years. That's a bad comparison.

Peoples opinions can change, he's clearly disinterested in the Sims 4 and doesn't play the game anymore. I think some of yall are misunderstanding my point and blowing this out of proportion. I like his reviews, this isn't hate to him at all for being critical of the game. I'm just saying stepping away is a good step to take if you're just not interested anymore rather than trying to force interest for the sake of content

My point is not about criticism it's about disinterest

Sorry for interjecting, and Onverser correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't interpret not interested as critical. I interpreted that as the game just flat out not holding any interest to you. To add on to their example- I don't watch action movies. I'm not critical of action movies, but I just don't care about them and tend to be voted when I watch them. So I probably wouldn't be a great reviewer for those movies. I agree that someone can't really review something well if they're not even interested in the project.

Exactly
  • Options

Peoples opinions can change, he's clearly disinterested in the Sims 4 and doesn't play the game anymore. I think some of yall are misunderstanding my point and blowing this out of proportion. I like his reviews, this isn't hate to him at all for being critical of the game. I'm just saying stepping away is a good step to take if you're just not interested anymore rather than trying to force interest for the sake of content

My point is not about criticism it's about disinterest

Exactly

I understand where you're coming from and I know you weren't being critical or hateful towards LGR. I would agree that it would be pointless to review a game that you're not interested in.

I was pointing out the example part you provided was not the same because LGR is someone who has been playing the sims for years and someone who is a big fan of life simulation games. He isn't someone who is completely new to the life simulation game genre.