Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 expansion "Murder at the Manor" leaked?

Comments

• justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Sad to hear that it is probably fake.
    On the other side i think its good that Sims team has one more opportunity to make an awesome Expansion pack.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I think the premise sounds like a lot of fun, but as I said on the thread I made (before I knew about this one) storyline game play seems more GP than EP. So I think a healthy dose of skepticism should probably be observed.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i wonder what this person thought they'd get out of this cause the turn around on this lasted for maybe an hour. and people weren't even convinced it was real from the start. and now barely anyone thinks this is real.

so did they make this to get people riled up and see the chaos or? what a pathetic waste of time for them to waste whatever they spent on making a fake edit to that website.
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    Let's hope it's fake, because holy moly what a terrible idea. This is a simulation SANDBOX game, not a point and click, linear adventure game.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Whether this pack is real or fake, people on here are forgetting that the game Clue exists. It's a murder mystery and is for people ages 8 and up. The film based on that game is rated PG. Assuming the Sims did a murder mystery, the actual game play would likely be similar to Clue. It probably wouldn't show the person getting murdered unless it was a poisoning. The animation would be similar to the Sims 2 when your sim would get so tired they'd fall face first into their food. I can't see this being an EP. It would be better suited as a GP.

On a side note, EA Mobile produced a Clue game in 2009. The description from Wikipedia: "Rather than being a board game, Clue played out more like a simple point-and-click game where the player traveled around the rooms from the mansion to collect clues from the 6 suspects to decipher whodunnit. Each case was time limited, and every action taken used up a set amount of time. Successfully making a correct suggestion within the allotted time gave the player the maximum 4-star score for the level. The player character is a reporter who has to get the top story to solve a case, and get a promotion."
    Whether this pack is real or fake, people on here are forgetting that the game Clue exists. It's a murder mystery and is for people ages 8 and up. The film based on that game is rated PG. Assuming the Sims did a murder mystery, the actual game play would likely be similar to Clue. It probably wouldn't show the person getting murdered unless it was a poisoning. The animation would be similar to the Sims 2 when your sim would get so tired they'd fall face first into their food. I can't see this being an EP. It would be better suited as a GP.

On a side note, EA Mobile produced a Clue game in 2009. The description from Wikipedia: "Rather than being a board game, Clue played out more like a simple point-and-click game where the player traveled around the rooms from the mansion to collect clues from the 6 suspects to decipher whodunnit. Each case was time limited, and every action taken used up a set amount of time. Successfully making a correct suggestion within the allotted time gave the player the maximum 4-star score for the level. The player character is a reporter who has to get the top story to solve a case, and get a promotion."

i know clue, its all the other stuff that is pointing to it being fake.

ironically, everyone is playing clue with this "leak" haha.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think because we have played Clue we can figure it out as a fake or not. I mean look at the detective work Simmers got with the icon leak for Star Wars and debunking the leak before that ended up being fake for Country Living.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited September 2020
    so i was watching a couple of youtuber's take on this and rewatched that video of the "leak"

if you look in the background of the video you'll see a stack of star wars dvds and stuff. the person who posted this has a bunch of soccer on their twitter, but the @'d their friend who, if you go onto THEIR twitter you'll see that they are the big star wars fan. now, the soccer fan could be a star wars fan too but....i think its more likely that the person hazzaplumbob faked this, knew that they'd be in deep trouble if they were found to be faking this, and so made their "friend" post this instead to make it look like they had nothing to do with it.

hazzaplumbob also makes REALLY believable sims 4 fake art. and like, this soccer fan is supposedly not a fan of the sims, cause they're just recording this for their "friend" but they have 1) origin installed? 2) the sims forums open? 100% this is fake. this is hazzaplumbob trying not to look like a skeevy person by forcing someone else to post it and then they share it onto their profile.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I wish this were true. I've been wanting a good murder mystery pack for years. A good old Agatha Christie Mystery pack.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I am 85% sure this is fake. i actually wouldn't mind this as an idea for a pack (although I feel a bit guilty because this also seems very niche like SW and I hated that) but I am really having a hard time seeing how this would be an EP and not a GP. If people want me to believe this is real start convincing me on how this would work as an EP and not a GP.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    This better not be real. After Star Wars that nearly no one asked for, the Expansion Pack darn well needs to be something that people actually want.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    This better not be real. After Star Wars that nearly no one asked for, the Expansion Pack darn well needs to be something that people actually want.

Well they listed all the wants and said they will not be part the Expansion Pack LOL. I am hoping it is not anything out in left field again.

Romance (destination weddings) and Winter themes were not on the list so hopefully it is one of the two.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited September 2020
    In fact its a lot of work for just a fake rumor.

1 the logo
    2 the description (features names, mechanic and enough stuff to be a expansion pack)
    3 the remake of the website ui
    4 the name

not really,
    the logo is pretty simple and easily done with the right programm (for somebody who knows how)
    the description, you just need an idea, I bet you there are hundreds of simmers on this forum alone that could make that good a description and better
    the name, what's hard about that? if anything the name doesn't fit at all with other packnames...

now the website UI, I have no idea how much work that would take.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

bixters wrote: »

Can SimGuruKate sound anymore condescending? "Let's all use our brains for a moment," wow.....
    Sorry to derail, I also think this looks fake, but the way she says things really annoys me :/

LOL I thought it was just me so I didn’t say anything.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

Can SimGuruKate sound anymore condescending? "Let's all use our brains for a moment," wow.....
    Sorry to derail, I also think this looks fake, but the way she says things really annoys me :/

Lol yeah she’s definitely sounds like that, but I only mentioned her cause she was a former guru and would add some insight
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    In fact its a lot of work for just a fake rumor.

1 the logo
    2 the description (features names, mechanic and enough stuff to be a expansion pack)
    3 the remake of the website ui
    4 the name

not really,
    the logo is pretty simple and easily done with the right programm (for somebody who knows how)
    the description, you just need an idea, I bet you there are hundreds of simmers on this forum alone that could make that good a description and better
    the name, what's hard about that? if anything the name doesn't fit at all with other packnames...

now the website UI, I have no idea how much work that would take.

I think its just inspecting element and editing the code there. It changes in your browser but doesnt effect the page permanently. It's pretty easy to do.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Think About it. Expansion Pack 10 is what they are going to ship this Holiday Season. Would they really want to release an Expansion Pack filled with storylines that do not fit in The Sims and a Murder theme Pack in this season that could raise their rating resulting to possible impact on Sales? I don't Think so.

November Expansion Packs are their biggest Sellers and I doubt they will put an a theme that nobody wants on the seasons of buying
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    chacce wrote: »
    People just want to believe it's fake because they don't want a murder mystery expansion pack, but this looks pretty legit. The description, the logo, the release date seems believable. I doubt a person would spend soooo much time making this.

I think people feel burned by the last fakeout from the last Expansion Pack and mistrust any leaks. I'd love this theme to be the next pack, but I don't want to be let down if the actual pack is far from this leak's theme.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

keekee53 wrote: »

Lol yeah she’s definitely sounds like that, but I only mentioned her cause she was a former guru and would add some insight

Yeah I do hope she is right.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited September 2020
    I actually could see them doing a murder mystery pack. I know the "Murder" aspect isn't exactly family friendly at first glance, but I could see them doing it in the really outlandish way Sims 4 does things. Cartoony dramatic deaths like "Crushed by giant falling plumbob" or "Haunted by the image of a rubber duck". They would probably skip the more dastardly aspects of actual murder cases or serial killers, like Coroners & torture.

I wouldn't mind such a pack, but I would want it to have a system that made for endless replayability. Even with multiple endings to choose from, eventually it's still "One and Done". You'll get through them all eventually. If it was similar to the Clue board game, though, where you could restart a game every time and it would generate a random outcome that was impossible to know, that might work? It would need a bit more complexity than the Clue game though to be satisfying and incorporate the other aspects of Sims games like skills and relationships. But, I think it would he fun. Especially if you could insert your own made Sims into it, like 8 sims or something, and then it starts the random generator to pick a murderer and a weapon/motif, and then you play through. Could see lots of people doing Let's Play Streams, inserting in popular fandoms like "Sims Riverdale Murder" or "Disney Princess Murder Mansion". Be very different for a Sims game though, not sure if it would work or people would like it. It's just what I would want... I don't like the eventual "one and done" packs.

I echo others sentiments though that so far, it sounds like a GP not an EP. Not enough content described. A lot of people didn't like Eco Living, but it had lots of content and multiple ways to play. And, you know, still a huge chance this is all fake! I'm leaning on 85% likelihood of it being fake.
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    Let's hope it's fake, because holy moly what a terrible idea. This is a simulation SANDBOX game, not a point and click, linear adventure game.

StrangerVille and Journey to Batuu disagree
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    If that's true, im even more confused as to why they make it as expansion pack? shouldnt expansion pack supposed to expand the game with added features?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited September 2020
    Country Livin 2.0
    People just want to believe it's fake because they don't want a murder mystery expansion pack, but this looks pretty legit. The description, the logo, the release date seems believable. I doubt a person would spend soooo much time making this.

I think people feel burned by the last fakeout from the last Expansion Pack and mistrust any leaks. I'd love this theme to be the next pack, but I don't want to be let down if the actual pack is far from this leak's theme.

Bingo
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited September 2020
    This seems like a cool idea and reminds me of cluedo but brought to life which I loved playing growing up. However I just can’t see how this is real I can’t see the sims doing anything about murder. I mean it’s so hard to kill sims off in the game as it is and the game is so kid friendly this pack would go against that or it would be done in such a child friendly way it wouldn’t give the theme enough justice. If it is real then I’m very intrigued if it’s not then I won’t be surprised.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top