Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 expansion "Murder at the Manor" leaked?

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Here's the description from the image for anyone who wants to read it (its pretty blurry) or uses text to speech:

"A delightful dinner party at the Mayor's house took a frightful twist when his murder plunged the evening into utter chaos.

Venture to the sleepy countryside village of Worcesterbury and uncover what skeletons hide in the Worcester family closet to reveal who is behind the murder of the Mayor in the Sims 4 Murder at the Manor Expansion Pack. Enlist the help of a private investigator Pruenlia P. Plumbobs and sleuth the grounds of the Worcesterbury Estate to gather evidence in piecing together the puzzle of this thrilling murder mystery!

In a race against time, rifle through drawers and search under furniture to track down the murder weapons and interrogate the guests and house staff to assess their alibis. But beware! As the night unravels, more and more Sims are in danger of becoming the killer's next victims, and you never know who, when, or where they'll strike next..."

End description.
    Huh sounds like the GTW detective career.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Plunella Plumbob sounds like Plumbella, Bonehilda incoming?

I think the name is Prunella.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited September 2020
    my thoughts after really reading that through:

1. another british world? we just got one last year with university.
    2. a race against time? how will that work with the game mechanics of speeding through the day.
    3. murder...bit of a blurred line there in the sims. there's "murder" in the sense of like that city living apartment with the dead body outline, and the get to work career maybe, i never played the detective career, but i think this is pushing it.

idk, it sounds weird. its definitely not the best pack to pull out right now if this is real after already having eco living and star wars being...not exactly fan requests. im leaning on fake just mostly to cover my butt but also this just sounds wack.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Plunella Plumbob sounds like Plumbella, Bonehilda incoming?

I think the name is Prunella.

I think it is Prunella, its a bit hard to see. not to important though haha.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    Game is a genuine and known retailer and this all looks pretty genuine, doesn't look like the screen is faked somehow. I worry how the community will react to this though. This isn't what anyone has been asking for and to make it a full blown EP really isn't a good idea, this will not be taken well at all. It'll be like Eco Lifestyle and Star Wars' release all over again and honestly probably even worse as this sounds like a story based pack and we all know how people feel about those.

The dates line up aswell, the announcement is in a few weeks (I'm expecting a long few weeks as the roadmap ends 6th October so it'll be after that) and release is usually 3 weeks after announcement so it does add up sadly.
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member

2. a race against time? how will that work with the game mechanics of speeding through the day.
    3. murder...bit of a blurred line there in the sims. there's "murder" in the sense of like that city living apartment with the dead body outline, and the get to work career maybe, i never played the detective career, but i think this is pushing it.

idk, it sounds weird. its definitely not the best pack to pull out right now if this is real after already having eco living and star wars being...not exactly fan requests.

I think it can be toned down to fit the universe, what worries me is:

Cons:
    We don't need new fancy clothes
    We don't need new fancy houses

Pros:

Skeletons? Bonehilda maybe?
    New ways of dying, or maybe introduce ways to poison people and stuff.
  • chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    People just want to believe it's fake because they don't want a murder mystery expansion pack, but this looks pretty legit. The description, the logo, the release date seems believable. I doubt a person would spend soooo much time making this.

idk, it sounds weird. its definitely not the best pack to pull out right now if this is real after already having eco living and star wars being...not exactly fan requests.

I think it can be toned down to fit the universe, what worries me is:

Cons:
    We don't need new fancy clothes
    We don't need new fancy houses

Pros:

Skeletons? Bonehilda maybe?
    New ways of dying, or maybe introduce ways to poison people and stuff.

I would 10000% LOVE bonehilda's return in this. and i would also love the pushing of the boundaries of their rated T for Teen rating as the criticism that this game is a bit too childish has been a recurring one.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Although this would fit my taste, I don't think it's true. But I definitely want Bonehilda back!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    If it were real, it could bring in some things people have asked for, such as countryside style clothing and bb, as well as fancier stuff. The world would be rural I'd guess?
    I look forward to the furor if this turns out to be genuine.
    CelSims wrote: »
    If it were real, it could bring in some things people have asked for, such as countryside style clothing and bb, as well as fancier stuff. The world would be rural I'd guess?
    I look forward to the furor if this turns out to be genuine.

this would be an odd pack to bring horses into if its countryside style hahahaha, but i wouldnt complain!
    edited September 2020
    bizuktag wrote: »
    A couple of things that make this seem weird:

1) I'm not convinced they would use the word "Murder" in the title of an expansion pack.
    2) Leaks that are only someone's recording/screencaps, rather than a link we can all explore ourselves, seem suspect.
    3) The alleged pack in the video is not on the Game website now. But the product count in the video is 89, and the product count currently on the site is still 89. If they removed the leaked pack, the count should have gone back to 88 (unless they happened to add another product at the time of removal).

Doesn't mean it's automatically fake, but I guess we'll know soon.

True, seems weird... the only answer would be that the site still counts all the games in it, even if some content is set as "hidden"

Another thing is that nobody is taking credit for the leak, usually some youtubers or twitter people try to get followers or views with fake leaks but this time is only there and nodoby is winning anything, only us I guess.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    True, seems weird... the only answer would be that the site still counts all the games in it, even if some content is set as "hidden"

I can see (and count) 89 products currently listed, so I don't think the total count is including a hidden product.
    bizuktag wrote: »

I can see (and count) 89 products currently listed, so I don't think the total count is including a hidden product.

Another one would be someone who knows web developing, used the game.co.uk website as a template and added an extra item with fake DLC , uploaded it to a local host and filmed it.

The other one is just video editing, although as someone already stated, doesn't look separated from the website menu or chroma keyed.

It is really ... a mystery.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I would totally believe (and enjoy) if it was a GP, but an EP?? Really?
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited September 2020
    I counted all the packs on the two pages and it comes to 89... so if this pack was there it should have been the 90th. I guess we will all know in a couple of weeks.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24

I'm new to The Sims 4 business model,

I know stuff packs are only items, but what is the difference between Game Pack and Expansion pack?
    I counted all the packs on the two pages and it comes to 89... so if this pack was there it should have been the 90th. I guess we will all know in a couple of weeks.

Did they said "couple of weeks? So late september announcement?
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member

Did they said "couple of weeks? So late september announcement?

They said, "In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack, which we’ve been working on since last year."
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Not the best but I made a higher qualtity render of the pack logo shown in the video :)

rOvIg9F.png

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member

I know stuff packs are only items, but what is the difference between Game Pack and Expansion pack?

Basically Game Packs bring new specific gameplay like spas, restaurants and vampires and they only focus on these features. EP's, on the other hand, add more broad and varied gameplay, like Get Together added the club system, nightclubs, caffes, DJs, photography and a new world.

Since this Murder Mistery would be definitely not broad, but very specific, I think it should be a GP.

game packs are typically for niche ideas, like the mystery of strangerville. expansions are usually reserved for the larger scope themes, like seasons.
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not the best but I made a higher qualtity render of the pack logo shown in the video :)

rOvIg9F.png

thank you!

Basically Game Packs bring new specific gameplay like spas, restaurants and vampires and they only focus on these features. EP's, on the other hand, add more broad and varied gameplay, like Get Together added the club system, nightclubs, caffes, DJs, photography and a new world.

Since this Murder Mistery would be definitely not broad, but very specific, I think it should be a GP.

I agree, totally not expansion pack material.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top