Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 expansion "Murder at the Manor" leaked?

justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member

Is Bonehilda back?

Description (Thanks to Cheesecaeks):

"A delightful dinner party at the Mayor's house took a frightful twist when his murder plunged the evening into utter chaos.

Venture to the sleepy countryside village of Worcesterbury and uncover what skeletons hide in the Worcester family closet to reveal who is behind the murder of the Mayor in the Sims 4 Murder at the Manor Expansion Pack. Enlist the help of a private investigator Prunella P. Plumbobs and sleuth the grounds of the Worcesterbury Estate to gather evidence in piecing together the puzzle of this thrilling murder mystery!

In a race against time, rifle through drawers and search under furniture to track down the murder weapons and interrogate the guests and house staff to assess their alibis. But beware! As the night unravels, more and more Sims are in danger of becoming the killer's next victims, and you never know who, when, or where they'll strike next...

EDIT UPDATE!:

IT IS FAKE, CONFIRMED BY THE TWITTER ACCOUNT.
Post edited by justice4bonehilda on

Comments

• Options
    I think there was a Mass Effect remastered trilogy leak on that site too, maybe its true and its leaking some EA games by mistake?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It would be cool if this were true!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    It's fake. I checked that website that is in the URL and there are no Sims 4 packs listed besides what is already out and the upcoming Star Wars.
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    If this is true, it would be an absolute dream and cut the tension for me that it's not farming!
    It does fit with the theme of trying new things for 2020.
  • Options
    It's fake. I checked that website that is in the URL and there are no Sims 4 packs listed besides what is already out and the upcoming Star Wars.

The same retailer leaked another EA game on early august:
    https://screenrant.com/mass-effect-remastered-trilogy-preorder-release-date-leak/

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited September 2020
    meanwhile id love i just know they would never spell out murder in the title like it would be something alongside the happy haunts title we had in voting thing

also i really want to see what the description says but im on phone so i can't get it zoomed enough cause vid doesnt rotate to my screen
    :triumph:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I really don't see how this would be an EP. You get to solve a murder mistery and then you're done. From the description you get to hire a private investigator, so there might be some expansion on the detective career, but I still don't think this would make an EP.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Found this on Reddit it's posted for three years ago.

New world featuring 4 manors and one empty lot.

Sims can be invited to, or ask to attend, or hold a posh masquerade party event (featuring fancy new clothes) at these mansions (featuring fancy new furniture). The clothing is all masquerade ball stuff, but the furniture is mostly extravagant nonsense, not themed furniture sets for a fancy mansion. The scuba tank and Skydiving Machine from Sims Superstar, for example. The rest is all extravagant decor or stupid stuff like a platinum plumbob chandelier or a giant crystal llama or a Throne made of roses called "Every Rose Has Its Throne" or something silly.

The heft of the game pack comes from how in the early stages of the party, someone is...well, murdered. From here, you essentially enter into a game of Clue. You know the murder didn't take place in the room you were in. You know the murder didn't take place with an item that was in that room. And you know that the murderer wasn't someone who was in the room with you.

From there, Sims (NPCs and player alike) go around the house trying to figure out who the murderer was.

The pack includes multiple new death types. Things like "death from poison" or "death from giant indoor scuba tank" (a staple of any modern mansion) or "death from plumbob chandelier", which play into the game. The murdered sim immediately shows up as a ghost of their murdered death type and demands justice, which amuses the reaper, so he agrees to bring them back. Sometimes it'd be possible for the death to be entirely accidental (especially if the death is from the chandelier), and if you deduce properly, the ghost gets revived and then re-dies of embarassment.

It could feature some series staple NPCs like Ms. Crumplebottom! Mr. and Mrs. Crumplebottom hold an event, and Mr. Crumplebottom is killed by a chandelier, just like in the other games...wow! That'd be so cool.

I'm not sure how big of an appeal this would have but it's just an idea :D

https://reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/61nw0x/game_pack_idea_the_sims_4_murder_mystery/

They said they've been working on this pack for at least a year... so who knows. Another pack that sounds like a one-time playthrough. (If it's true)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Not falling for that again.
  • Options
    chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    I don't think this is fake. It's literally taken from the Game website. If it was fake, how would they have been able to include the description, logo, release date and everything? Seems real to me.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    im leaning on fake cause the community right now? oh we're not in the best of place. perfect troll fuel to fan the flames.

but i posted this on reddit in response to this:

i don't think this is real until there's something more substantial than this. but i actually remember the sim gurus talking on twitter about this, it was not a serious discussion on twitter but the murder mystery idea was thrown out there.

also that said: i actually wouldn't mind this if this is an actual leak. if its based on Clue (if no one knows that reference: Clue had multiple theatrical versions upon release. a person could see the movie in one theater with one ending, while another person could see another ending.) then they probably listened to the criticism to Strangerville and there will be multiple endings.
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    I don’t know Rick.

Looks fake to me.
  • Options
    In fact its a lot of work for just a fake rumor.

1 the logo
    2 the description (features names, mechanic and enough stuff to be a expansion pack)
    3 the remake of the website ui
    4 the name
  • Options
    there are even 2 images on a side-roll, one is the logo the other one is the isotipe, looks like a green mansion.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    can someone get me screenshot of the description or is it pixelated out i wanna readddd i mean if someone bothered to fake this out i can at least appreciate their work :joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    It could be they made it to joke with their friend, i honestly dont feel like this would be an ep, maybe a gp but not ep.
  • Options

1 the logo
    2 the description (features names, mechanic and enough stuff to be a expansion pack)
    4 the name

it is a lot of work for a potential fake but...we've been burned before with country living. and the guy who did post it seems to be more into soccer and has an older account so im not sure if they would have any interest in trolling the sims community.

idk its a very elaborate fake if they did bother to do this but you never know the length some people will go to watch people loose their 🐸🐸🐸🐸 online.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

1 the logo
    4 the name

Maybe someone was really bored? To me it doesn't look like an EP and that alone makes me think it's fake.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    will wait and see as i do not belive this will be the next expansionpack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    Simmingal wrote: »
    meanwhile id love i just know they would never spell out murder in the title like it would be something alongside the happy haunts title we had in voting thing

also i really want to see what the description says but im on phone so i can't get it zoomed enough cause vid doesnt rotate to my screen
    :triumph:
    You can see it on the computer in full screen. Sounds cool if it is true. If it is, we'll see news near November 13th.

There would be a conflict in pack name that is too close to this too:
    https://www.siliconera.com/murder-mystery-manor-makes-one-player-murderer-rest-investigators/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

1 the logo
    4 the name

Just because it's a lot of work doesn't mean it's not fake. A lot of people put a lot of work into making official looking assets for CC packs. Doing the same for a fake pack wouldn't surprise me at all.

I mean, a Murder Mystery is right up my alley, but I don't see this happening any time soon - or at all.
  • Options
    Plunella Plumbob sounds like Plumbella, Bonehilda incoming?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Here's the description from the image for anyone who wants to read it (its pretty blurry) or uses text to speech:

"A delightful dinner party at the Mayor's house took a frightful twist when his murder plunged the evening into utter chaos.

Venture to the sleepy countryside village of Worcesterbury and uncover what skeletons hide in the Worcester family closet to reveal who is behind the murder of the Mayor in the Sims 4 Murder at the Manor Expansion Pack. Enlist the help of a private investigator Prunella P. Plumbobs and sleuth the grounds of the Worcesterbury Estate to gather evidence in piecing together the puzzle of this thrilling murder mystery!

In a race against time, rifle through drawers and search under furniture to track down the murder weapons and interrogate the guests and house staff to assess their alibis. But beware! As the night unravels, more and more Sims are in danger of becoming the killer's next victims, and you never know who, when, or where they'll strike next..."

End description.
  • Options
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Here's the description from the image for anyone who wants to read it (its pretty blurry) or uses text to speech:

Venture to the sleepy countryside village of Worcesterbury and uncover what skeletons hide in the Worcester family closet to reveal who is behind the murder of the Mayor in the Sims 4 Murder at the Manor Expansion Pack. Enlist the help of a private investigator Pruenlia P. Plumbobs and sleuth the grounds of the Worcesterbury Estate to gather evidence in piecing together the puzzle of this thrilling murder mystery!

In a race against time, rifle through drawers and search under furniture to track down the murder weapons and interrogate the guests and house staff to assess their alibis. But beware! As the night unravels, more and more Sims are in danger of becoming the killer's next victims, and you never know who, when, or where they'll strike next..."

End description.

thanks! I'll add it to the thread!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top