This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

So... Is Eco Lifestyle safe now?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Do people think Eco living responsible for the garden bug? Its my number one irritation with the game at the moment so if turning it off would make a difference I'd try it.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,237 Member
    No, the gardens have been like this since after Island Living came out back in 2019.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    No, the gardens have been like this since after Island Living came out back in 2019.

Thanks for the info. :(

I really want that particular bug swatted.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

Ohh ok...
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited May 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »
    In my experience, I think it has a lot to do with plants reverting to dirt piles. I can have plants that stay grown but drop to dirt piles when the eco environment changes.

I think there must be something more fundamental at the root of the problem, possibly something introduced into base game code when Eco Lifestyle released. I don't even have EL yet, but I do get the occasional dirt piles. It's quite possible that the environment changes do trigger it, but there must be other things as well.

Unfortunately for me in (most of) my games when the eco environment goes from neutral to green then back to neutral and continues between the two environments every 2 to 3 in game days. My plants will grow and drop to dirt pile so often that I can't get a harvest from them. And then in some games, (very few) they grow fine and don't drop to dirt piles.

Have you tried disabling the eco footprint in the options menu? What happens? I'll try that as soon as it makes sense but atm i'm not playing any gardener..

No because I use the wallpapers, the floors, the windmills, the solar panels, and the water collectors for cheaper bills and the decorated buffs.
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    So, very sorry for your loss. I lost mine recently and I know how it feels.
  • Options
    Kironide wrote: »
    So, very sorry for your loss. I lost mine recently and I know how it feels.

I'm very sorry for your loss too. Thank you for the condolences.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I'm still wondering about the NAPs. I'm not interested in the "green" gameplay, plan on turning it off, but I am interested in NAPs. I am aware of the bug fix mod and plan on using it. Is Eco Lifestyle otherwise fine?
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    I turn off the NAPs and don't use mods, sorry I can't say how they work in the game.
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Some of my gardens goes back to dirt. It's so annoying. :'(

It’s happening with me too, I have a money tree plantation and I need to cheat everyday to insert the corresponding money into my family funds
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    The problem with the ecosystem in the game is that the neighbors have flooring, wallpaper and furniture that impacts the neighborhood’s footprint. Because of this, the meter goes back to being neutral. Carl’s guide covered this a little bit in one of his EL videos.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    The problem with the ecosystem in the game is that the neighbors have flooring, wallpaper and furniture that impacts the neighborhood’s footprint. Because of this, the meter goes back to being neutral. Carl’s guide covered this a little bit in one of his EL videos.

So if I'm not too concerned with the Eco Footprint or Gardening, then would it be okay to use just for the CAS and building items?
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Yeah - that is one EP I was excited about until I learned about some of the NAPs and issues. Was even considering purchasing it at this price, but I am terrified it will break my game even more. 😢
    Eco-CDKeys.png
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,662 Member
    Werescythe wrote: »
    So if I'm not too concerned with the Eco Footprint or Gardening, then would it be okay to use just for the CAS and building items?
    There are settings in the game options to turn off the eco footprint, the npc voting for naps and the effects from build buy items. Make sure to turn off the voting before you start playing.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,418 Member
    Werescythe wrote: »
    There are settings in the game options to turn off the eco footprint, the npc voting for naps and the effects from build buy items. Make sure to turn off the voting before you start playing.

YES. I had the voting system on at first and it caused chaos in my neighbourhoods. I ended up turning the voting off and cheating off the NAPs that had been selected all over the worlds. I still like NAPs, but only when I pick them :D
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,490 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    In my experience, I think it has a lot to do with plants reverting to dirt piles. I can have plants that stay grown but drop to dirt piles when the eco environment changes.

Interesting... I didn't know that this gardening bug was connected to the eco footprint... Maybe disabling it may work...? I'm always cheating my neighbourhood's eco-footprints anyway. But the gardening bug is really game breaking...

The dirt pile bug happens also without eco change.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Sometimes I get a fully grown plant revert to a dirt pile for seemingly no reason (I don’t have Eco Lifestyle). Try saving and restarting the game. I’ve seen them change to a normal growth stage upon restart. YMMV