Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Star Wars Builds

Comments

• Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I finished a cantina build. I was having trouble figuring out what to put above it, but I decided on a restaurant, since the restaurant will hire a bartender, and doesn't require a television. It's up on the gallery as Nookstone Cantina, or under my profile rey_estupendo.

Here's an outside view, though sadly it's not the gallery view (which is just an uninteresting straight-on shot of the front of the building. The X-Wing in the background is on the residential lot next door.

01.jpg

The first floor has a small courtyard in front, then a very minimal restaurant. The DJ booth is there because there doesn't seem to be a lot of recorded music in Star Wars. I haven't playtested, so I don't know if the restaurant will actually hire a DJ.

03.jpg

Down the stairs in the courtyard is the cantina, with a couple of booths and a couple of sabaac tables. It's also where the restroom is located because I'm building in a 20x15 lot.

02.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I also want to highlight some creators who aren't me but whose work is amazing. I don't know if they're posters here.

Scheinheilig1603 made this "Jedi Defender Starship" based on a Clone Wars design that's amazing. It's got a couple of issues with overlapping parts causing weird clipping, but I know how to fix that using TOOL (adjust the elevation on the overlapping parts by 0.01 meters, which will convince the game that they're not occupying the same space).

01.jpg
    03.jpg

Silversimmer007 made this "Golden Age Outpost" for the Spark'd challenge. It uses shell buildings and debug items on the surface and has an extensive and spacious home underground.

01.jpg

N7Quinn's "Razor Crest." I was going to make my own version, then I saw theirs and there's no need to reinvent the wheel. This is amazing.

01.jpg

And "Star Wars Rey's Home" from Beccascreations. I replaced the shipwreck on Sulani with this.

01.jpg

• Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I'm totally using that Jedi Defender build already. My Jedi group is living on it at the moment. I also like the same creator's version of the Imperial Agent's Phantom (which i thought with a little recolor makes a pretty snazzy Corvus). I found a build of the Mantis (from Fallen Order) too, but haven't looked at it too much yet.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    That Defender-class light corvette build is awesome. One quibble: it isn't Clone Wars era, but about 3,000 years older - that is the Jedi class ship from Star Wars: The Old Republic (another EA title).
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    very nice builds. wow!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Lord these are awesome! Thanks to posters who are really good at this stuff!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    This is a work in progress, actually re-skinning and expanding a Maxis lot. This started as "Sandtrap Flats" residential lot in Oasis Springs.

YuCDoZA.png

Currently re-imagined as Tosche Station. Whether you need to hop a shuttle to Mos Eisley, pick up some new power-converters, or just waste time with your friends when your chores are done!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Has anyone tried to make Cloud City from
    Empire Strikes Back?
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    This is a work in progress, actually re-skinning and expanding a Maxis lot. This started as "Sandtrap Flats" residential lot in Oasis Springs.

YuCDoZA.png

Currently re-imagined as Tosche Station. Whether you need to hop a shuttle to Mos Eisley, pick up some new power-converters, or just waste time with your friends when your chores are done!

I definitely want to be able to download this when it's finished.
  • Options
    Anyone planning on building a new Cantina? I mean without the shell and stuff. Only issue may be the bridge Not being able to connect to the building. I suppose it doesn’t have to.....👀
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    kemowery wrote: »

I definitely want to be able to download this when it's finished.

Thanks! :D It has issues at the moment, but visiting in game has given me a more solid idea of what is working and what isn't. I'll upload it when I get it completed, and try to remember to share the link, here.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to make Cloud City from
    Empire Strikes Back?

That's a huge facility! I suppose a more talented builder might make a good shot at a section of it... but I am still really getting started on TS4 builds. I'd love to see what a truly talented builder could do with it, though!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited September 2020
    Posted this in another thread, but it's suitable for this one too.

This is the first build ever that I'm sharing on the Gallery. It's a Star Wars inspired Beach base called 'Star Wars Beach Base' (very original again). This build is a residential that has enough space for a household of 3, but it's easy to convert into a more family friendly home. It has a basement level courtyard with a workshop for building 'droids' and brewing juice. It also has a medium sized greenhouse, a piranha pond and a little room for spying on folks. I had to place the bathroom in the 'comtower' because somehow I always forget to plan room for all the private business. I mean who needs a toilet?

No CC, No MOO. It does use a good bit of DLC though...
    My origin ID: CPTN_NXR7

ETA: I play tested it without encountering any problems.
    Some screenshots:
    SW-BEACHBASE01.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE01-2.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE01-3.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE01-4.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE02.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE03.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE04.jpg
    SW-BEACHBASE05.jpg
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I love the variety of colors. Everything pops out nicely. The décor is awesome too. Thanks for sharing! <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I love the variety of colors. Everything pops out nicely. The décor is awesome too. Thanks for sharing! <3

Thank you @BlkBarbiegal. 😉
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm happy to see more contributions - I love them all!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Still a work in progress, but a shell of an airship I started working on.
    09-20-20_10-50-07_PM.png

It is based on this series of books which is like a future dystopian society that tries to prevent past technology from being developed again:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Engines_Quartet
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I love your Beach Base. It's such a big impressive build.
  • Options
    Ashla-Dai-Bogan Kyber Dojo - lightsaber training facilty and Kyber temple. There are many schools neither Jedi nor Sith that draw upon Kyber and its enhancement of Force-awareness. This temple focuses on the balance between being and doing, thought and action, offering meditation facilities and a lightsaber challengers' ring.

Still play-testing to tinker with layout and functionality

iT8MwdW.png

hkUH50p.png

t1bnCyX.png

D1gIxF0.png

XxnfGvn.png

TgpyFVZ.png

GDlGSfh.png

bmvevtv.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Ashla-Dai-Bogan Kyber Dojo - lightsaber training facilty and Kyber temple. There are many schools neither Jedi nor Sith that draw upon Kyber and its enhancement of Force-awareness. This temple focuses on the balance between being and doing, thought and action, offering meditation facilities and a lightsaber challengers' ring.

iT8MwdW.png

hkUH50p.png

t1bnCyX.png

D1gIxF0.png

XxnfGvn.png

TgpyFVZ.png

GDlGSfh.png

bmvevtv.png

Wow! I wish I could "awesome" this twice, it's incredible! ❤️
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    @Sindocat holy moley that’s some build! Nice one!! 👌🏼
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

iT8MwdW.png

hkUH50p.png

t1bnCyX.png

D1gIxF0.png

XxnfGvn.png

TgpyFVZ.png

GDlGSfh.png

bmvevtv.png

That's amazing! And mad props for it being Ashla-Bogan. Not too much light, not too much dark The Jed'aii would be mighty proud.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    @Sindocat holy moley that’s some build! Nice one!!
    Haflinger wrote: »
    That's amazing! And mad props for it being Ashla-Bogan. Not too much light, not too much dark The Jed'aii would be mighty proud.

Thank you all for the kind words.

I was inspired in large part by the banner, which is the same emblem hanging at the lightsaber shop in Black Spire Outpost - clearly related to some lightsaber discipline, but clearly not Jedi. So I dug into lore a bit. The pavement pattern (e.g. the interior rug) shows the Dai Bendu sigil, and so I went for a sort of "harmonious opposition" theme.

I looked at a LOT of Temple architecture, not just Jedi, but the Korriban Sith Academy, the Massassi ruins on Yavin 4, and the Jedha Kyber Temple. This is a humbler structure, but it uses some of the same forms. I may make it an additional story higher yet, and move the big bench-dome-thing to a garden nearby, to leave the top clear for sparring.

Once again, if and when I get it to a state where I find it satisfactory, I'll share it on the Gallery.
    Post edited by Sindocat on
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    @Sindocat holy moley that’s some build! Nice one!!
    Haflinger wrote: »

Thank you all for the kind words.

I was inspired in large part by the banner, which is the same emblem hanging at the lightsaber shop in Black Spire Outpost - clearly related to some lightsaber discipline, but clearly not Jedi. So I dug into lore a bit. The pavement pattern (e.g. the interior rug) shows the Dai Bendu sigil, and so I went for a sort of "harmonious opposition" theme.

I looked at a LOT of Temple architecture, not just Jedi, but the Korriban Sith Academy, the Massassi ruins on Yavin 4, and the Jedha Kyber Temple. This is a humbler structure, but it uses some of the same forms. I may make it an additional story higher yet, and move the big bench-dome-thing to a garden nearby, to leave the top clear for sparring.

Once again, if and when I get it to a state where I find it satisfactory, I'll share it on the Gallery.

It's beautiful and I'd love to download it when it's ready. What's your gallery id please?
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    @Sindocat

I love your temple, it is wonderful. It is imposing and gives a sense of awe. I especially love the picture of the sim meditating, it looks so peaceful.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I am Sindocat there, as well as here. Worked on the Kyber Temple last night into the wee hours. I just about have it "done". I'll post links as soon as it's up (and give full tours in my brag box thread in TS4 Builds).

Tio7OFY.png

I did opt to move the big, domed bench to a meditation garden - screencap notwithstanding, it was difficult to find a place to even train with a lightsaber up top, let alone spar. Now there is plenty of room, plus additional amenities.

148eJOj.png

After watching an episode of The Mandalorian that made passing reference to "Twi'lek healing baths", I reflected on the Temple of Healing on Voss, and opted to make it a Spa lot. The spa facilities are below.

l6jJSdz.png

Link in next post.
    Post edited by Sindocat on