Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Batuu is just canonically inaccurate!

2...Next

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Goosey wrote: »
    The star wars world doesn't belong anywhere in the sims. Just look at the basics of star wars... the whole movie starts off saying it takes place long ago, in a galaxy far away. So this makes no sense to have the star wars in the sims since the sims is a fictional version of earth and takes place in the milky way galaxy.

It's just that EA has the star wars license right now and feels obligated to use it in every way they can, and we got stuck in the middle of it and the poor sim guru lackeys have to somehow defend its presence in our game.

Obviously we are not forced to buy it, but they waste their resources making this and marketing it as something we wanted yet it wasn't and time could have been put into fixing more bugs or releasing content more of the majority would have wanted.

People want more sandbox gameplay, fixed bugs, better CAS with color wheel so we can make our own proper skin tones, open world etc. They don't want linear storyline like this pack, it was the main problem people had with strangerville, but at least you could build in that world.

The most uninformed person you could find here would still make better decisions than EA does with Sims 4.

Where does it say the Sims is happening now and not long ago and far away? Just sayin'..... :D
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited September 2020
    Nindigo wrote: »
    So what? This isn't a Star Wars game, so it doesn't have to be accurate. The Sims 4 is canonically incorrect itself.

But it's a star wars game pack...?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    So what? This isn't a Star Wars game, so it doesn't have to be accurate. The Sims 4 is canonically incorrect itself.

It's a Sims pack with a Star Wars theme.
    No one is going to get their hand or arm cut off, nor be cut in half.
    But they will use toilets and have woo hoo, a lot.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited September 2020
    CK213 wrote: »

@CK213 Well yeah but why not say that in the tweet but lie about the three suns being the reason as to why it never rains or snows? Why say something innacurate?
    Also since it's a sims pack with a Star Wars theme then we don't need lightsabers either? Or you know actual characters from the movie in the game? Seriously where do you draw the line with what belongs in a Star wars themed game and what belongs in an actual Star Wars game?
    To me it just seems random.
    If it's about the weather everyone's like "It doesn't have to be accurate it's The Sims" but when it's about not being able to take stuff from your sims inventory with you or flirt with Kylo Ren then suddenly "You shouldn't be able to do that, it's unrealstic, it's Star Wars!"

If I want freaking snow in Batuu then I should be able to do it. This is a sandbox game afterall
    Is canonically even a real word? I googled it and I think my computer farted.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Comes from Canonical.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member

I might just be tired but this made me laugh more than it should 😂

I wonder if you can put down the weather machine and change the weather 🤔

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

@CK213 Well yeah but why not say that in the tweet but lie about the three suns being the reason as to why it never rains or snows? Why say something innacurate?
    Also since it's a sims pack with a Star Wars theme then we don't need lightsabers either? Or you know actual characters from the movie in the game? Seriously where do you draw the line with what belongs in a Star wars themed game and what belongs in an actual Star Wars game?
    To me it just seems random.
    If it's about the weather everyone's like "It doesn't have to be accurate it's The Sims" but when it's about not being able to take stuff from your sims inventory with you or flirt with Kylo Ren then suddenly "You shouldn't be able to do that, it's unrealstic, it's Star Wars!"

If I want freaking snow in Batuu then I should be able to do it. This is a sandbox game afterall

Exactly this. Imagine is Selvadorada hadn’t been updated to include thunderstorms and other unique weather, people would have had a hissy fit.
    But just because Batuu is a made up world, it shouldn’t be accurate or realistic? :neutral:
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    But just because Batuu is a made up world, it shouldn’t be accurate or realistic?
    No, not necessarily. The rest of the game is not. If accuracy and perfect realism is high on your list then The Sims 4 is not your game. It requires a sense of humor and a laid back attitude to be enjoyed.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

I might just be tired but this made me laugh more than it should 😂

I wonder if you can put down the weather machine and change the weather 🤔

Thank you. That's why I posted it. Probably should have added a :D to show the humor.

I wondered about the weather machine too. The thing is, you can't bring inventory stuff with you, so, I guess it's a mute point.
    edited September 2020
    But just because Batuu is a made up world, it shouldn’t be accurate or realistic?
    No, not necessarily. The rest of the game is not. If accuracy and perfect realism is high on your list then The Sims 4 is not your game. It requires a sense of humor and a laid back attitude to be enjoyed.

@Nindigo No but it's a sandbox game which makes restrictions on weather just not align with what the Sims stands for.
    It stands for play your story your way. How will I play my story of living in snowy Batuu when you can't live there or have snow?
    You know what people mean now?

And we're not taking about high realism here. Just weather in a world. It's not much.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member

@Nindigo No but it's a sandbox game which makes restrictions on weather just not align with what the Sims stands for.
    It stands for play your story your way. How will I play my story of living in snowy Batuu when you can't live there or have snow?

And we're not taking about high realism here. Just weather in a world. It's not much.

Well, we can easily agree that The Sims 4 is far more a 'play it our way' game than a 'play it your way' game. But that is describing the whole of TS4 in its entirety. And because of that, there is no reason, really, to expect a GP to be any or much different. Is there? I would not expect it, at least.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Isn’t this, appearance-wise, supposed to be copying the Galaxy’s Edge area of the Disney park?

Yes, and it seems to do that exactly. I thought people knew that?

Yes, that was what I thought, too. Perhaps the lore is different in the Galaxy’s Edge versión of Batuu? I’ll have to look this up. (I love going to Disney theme parks, but my family and I have not visited Galaxy’s Edge yet.)

I'm dying to go to Galaxy's Edge! Once the pandemic issue is settled and vaccinated and under control, I totally plan to take a trip there!

We should go together! Disneyland!!

Oh can I come, can I come? I hope it doesn’t rain when we get there! ☂️
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Isn’t this, appearance-wise, supposed to be copying the Galaxy’s Edge area of the Disney park?

Yes, that was what I thought, too. Perhaps the lore is different in the Galaxy’s Edge versión of Batuu? I’ll have to look this up. (I love going to Disney theme parks, but my family and I have not visited Galaxy’s Edge yet.)

I'm dying to go to Galaxy's Edge! Once the pandemic issue is settled and vaccinated and under control, I totally plan to take a trip there!

The more the merrier!

I'd bring that umbrella though. Not because of rain, but holy mynocks, it's hot as blazes out there right now. You can keep the sun off that way. :D Even "wintertime" can be pretty darn warm and sunny (and I live north of L.A. and we don't have nearly as bad up here)
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I manage to enjoy it with an immature sense of humor and a high-strung attitude, does that count? 🤣

Well, we can easily agree that The Sims 4 is far more a 'play it our way' game than a 'play it your way' game. But that is describing the whole of TS4 in its entirety. And because of that, there is no reason, really, to expect a GP to be any or much different. Is there? I would not expect it, at least.
    I think this is a good point, actually. I do find that I am able to tell the stories I want to tell (for the most part), but admittedly that does often take a fair bit of imagination on my part, which is in a way unfortunate.

I do wish that it was a "play it your way" kind of game, but lately that's been harder and harder. You're absolutely right; we really shouldn't have expected more. (And I hope that doesn't sound snotty -- it's more like...I'm coming to terms with it lol.)

Yeah... You may be right...but that don't means I gotta likes it... *disgruntled gremlin pouting*

To stay on topic I'll add -- canonically accurate or not, I do wish that there was an option for weather on Batuu. I think it'd look really pretty in the snow and rain~ Especially the Resistance Encampment in the rain! It'd be gorgeous, I bet. Hopefully the modders will step in to make it possible for those who want it 👍

The more the merrier!

I'd bring that umbrella though. Not because of rain, but holy mynocks, it's hot as blazes out there right now. You can keep the sun off that way. :D Even "wintertime" can be pretty darn warm and sunny (and I live north of L.A. and we don't have nearly as bad up here)
    In spite of my whinging, please toss my metaphorical hat into the ring! I'm dyin' to make a real-deal lightsaber now... Savi's Workshop looks absolutely amazing 🤩
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

The more the merrier!

Well, it would be a first for me! I’ve never even been to the US. Closest was Venezuela, where I trekked through the jungle for a couple of weeks. The climate there might have been very similar to ancient Batuu’s before that cataclysm destroyed the entire surface.

I would have liked if Batuu was affected by a bit of rain now and then, but more like Oasis Springs rather than Selvadorada.
  • ObiwanxKannoliObiwanxKannoli Posts: 19 Member
    It's accurate to the theme park. I do wish they would have just done this as a Disney World Vacation pack and included Star Wars within it, that would have been so much better. I do like the decorations that come with the pack but the replay on the actual content is meh
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited October 2020

The more the merrier!

Well, it would be a first for me! I’ve never even been to the US. Closest was Venezuela, where I trekked through the jungle for a couple of weeks. The climate there might have been very similar to ancient Batuu’s before that cataclysm destroyed the entire surface.

I would have liked if Batuu was affected by a bit of rain now and then, but more like Oasis Springs rather than Selvadorada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keunnLEIBbA
    I'm here for weather contribution... :lol:

tenor.gif
    It's not rain, it's pour~~~~~~~~~ing shower.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Batuu was invented specifically to be portrayed by Galaxy's Edge, the first version of which opened in Anaheim, CA - not in a jungle.

Black Spire Outpost is canon only in mention - L3 tells Lando he could not find his way to Black Spire without her in Solo, so we never see it in films. We only see it in Disney parks in California and central Florida.

It's a THEME PARK. That's why it's a DESTINATION WORLD where your Sims can't reside. It's not an alien planet, at all.