Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Letter From The Sims Team

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Personally, I think the features we've been asking for won't be added to the game until EA decides to announce Sims5. If these features are added before then, many players won't stay with Sims4 for long once that happens. Not because of Sims5, but because those players will have all the content they believe is relevant to their gaming style, and fills their wish list. There really isn't much more new content I want, frankly. Mainly because every pack and update brings my game to it's knees with new bugs and shallow gameplay. And I am tired of throwing money into a game I feel is not going to magically become a better game. After six years, I am fed up with this waiting game while EA pulls out every gimmicky marketing plan it can find. So if this 'letter' was meant to calm the dissent coming from the players, and make us feel the teams are 'listening' to us, it missed the mark. Listening to someone's complaints should be met with action, not with more 'we hear you'. How can they continue to say they hear us when they continue to disappoint us with buggy, shallow packs three or four times a year?

Yes, the teams that worked on JtB did an amazing job with the world, CAS and the B/B assets. But where is the gameplay? Sims4 had the opportunity to be so much more than just a visual game. And that is what the players want more than anything else: For Sims4 to come alive and be more complex and immersive. If the teams were truly listening to us as they claim to be, we would have had the features we've been asking for two years ago. What was the point in that letter now? To stop the complaints and unhappiness being expressed over the theme of this GP and how many new bugs and glitches it brought with it. Good luck with that being the case. There needs to be some accountability for the bugs, lack of complexity, and for how long we have to live with the bugs before those are fixed. Permanently fixed, not just until the next patch drops. It is not our fault Sims4 doesn't meet certain expectations because we have made our expectations known from the beginning. Six years have passed. Wow. And we still don't have freed babies, bunkbeds, pools slides, better romantic interactions or even a decent family tree? How about more activities for the kids, teens and elders? Those are the features that seem to be on most players' wish lists. But be careful what you ask for. We asked for another vacation world, and we got Batuu.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    "We know everything you all wanna see added in the game, and we want you to know we're listening, but we're still gonna ignore you by making packs that nobody asks for! Please be nice to us, though! We're doing the best we can to make it seem like we care about what you all want, but are really just gonna ignore everything anyway! Keep on giving us your money!!!"

This has got to be the absolute worst way of addressing this issue... announcing the next expansion pack literally being NOTHING people are asking for certainly doesn't make it seem like they're listening to us in the slightest... in fact, it's the complete opposite.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    "We know everything you all wanna see added in the game, and we want you to know we're listening, but we're still gonna ignore you by making packs that nobody asks for! Please be nice to us, though! We're doing the best we can to make it seem like we care about what you all want, but are really just gonna ignore everything anyway! Keep on giving us your money!!!"

This has got to be the absolute worst way of addressing this issue... announcing the next expansion pack literally being NOTHING people are asking for certainly doesn't make it seem like they're listening to us in the slightest... in fact, it's the complete opposite.

I agree, To be honest though I’m glad they warned everyone that the next expansion won’t be something people have been vocally asking for. This way I’m prepared for something completely off the wall and I’m either meh, or pleasantly surprised if it’s something good. I miss when they’d give us little hints, or hide things in expansions (like the bat under the trampoline in Sims 3, or the ability to see a city in the distance, the paw print on the gnome, etc). Sims 2 would actually include an insert in the packaging of the new released pack advertising the next expansion. With how vocal and rightfully irate the community is and has been, keeping secrets was imho probably the wrong route to take.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I feel that they used to give us little in game hints as to the new expansion/game/stuff packs and they either stopped it or just not made it as apparent.

My other gripe is the amount of things the game says it does and then the reality hits and it's not that fleshed out. I've said it before and I'll say it again I'm both impressed and saddened by the animations in TS4.

Lastly I welcome this new transparent communication it's nice knowing what to expect and what not to. I really hope what Simmers want will be a higher priority than what EA/Sims Team wants.
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I like how they basically admitted that they began working on the next EP after people had started requesting farming so much (over a year ago), and they still didn't do it. Maybe it's another highly requested theme?

My main guess is something with supernaturals, since happy haunts got so many votes after arts and crafts in the community vote. But maybe the concept of it was too big to go in a stuff pack so they’ve been working on it as an expansion instead, with fairies, werewolves, and a grim reaper career. Maybe even dragons

I’ll be standing in the corner until then, ready for my white cake as reward for guessing the right answer 😉

Seeing as it’s not the horse/farm EP I am desperate for I would actually really like this to be the next EP. Happy Haunts was what I put second because the grim reaper career seemed such a cool idea (among other things) and I was really on the fence whether to put it first above arts and crafts but that won out in the end for me. So yeah I’d be totally stoked for this but I’m not getting my hopes up lest we end up wearing that cake of yours haha!

I voted for knitting in the SP poll, but I would LOVE for Happy Haunts to be a bigger pack like a GP or EP. I have 0 expectations that it will be the EP coming later this year though.
    I also play Sims 3 and there is a Grimms Ghostly manor in the store. I think I'm going to finally get it to explore. 😃

I actually really loved the knitting pack. Honestly it’s one of my favourites I was really happy with it (I still want a farm so I can sheer my sheep and use a loom to make my own wool though. And a fabric dying station and sewing table to make our own clothes would be cool too!).

But yeah definitely would love happy haunts to be a bigger pack. Maybe the grim reaper career could be a playable one alongside ghost hunter and medium/psychic. Then a few other rabbit hole careers like mortician, grave digger (grave robber for our evil Sims), and stuff like that. And some medieval/true gothic architecture. Ah man I’m already dreaming of this pack to get disappointed haha!

Now you’ve mentioned Sims 3 though I think I’ll join you! Might do the ghost buster career and give the haunted mansion a go too!! Let me know what you think!
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    edited September 2020
    The TL;DR version is "we hear you [but we're not listening], we're still working on skintones [even though this is an issue since the base game came out] and the next expansión pack won't feature any of the most requested features."
  • Options
    I mean, seriously... how can you claim to be listening to the fans, while (in the same statement) fully admitting you're not really doing so by announcing the next expansion pack not being anything related to what we've been demanding!? Also, I don't wanna hear any "the expansion pack was made a long time ago" excuses either... because fans have been demanding these things LONG before any expansion packs were even made at all!
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    i the new pack is gonna be vaction themed like a winter vsciton or somthing i hope so cuz i want hotels
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Lustianicia

The letter said: "In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack, which we’ve been working on since last year. I want to set expectations now, though, that cars, babies, farms and bunk beds are not part of this EP. We understand how important these features are to you but we want to be honest that they are not part of this upcoming pack."

The expansion pack might/could be something that was requested/we wanted/voted on, it just won't have cars, babies, farms, and bunk beds.

I read it differently than you interpreted it :)
  • Options
    @Lustianicia

The letter said: "In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack, which we’ve been working on since last year. I want to set expectations now, though, that cars, babies, farms and bunk beds are not part of this EP. We understand how important these features are to you but we want to be honest that they are not part of this upcoming pack."

The expansion pack might/could be something that was requested/we wanted/voted on, it just won't have cars, babies, farms, and bunk beds.

I read it differently than you interpreted it :)

Unless it's a hospitality pack with new destination worlds and the ability to build/own/stay at hotels, it's certainly not gonna be something most fans have been asking for... because farming and hospitality are among two of the highest demanded features.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited September 2020
    If EA was really listening to us, they'd put any new packs on hold until the current bugs are fixed.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    If EA was really listening to us, they'd put any new packs on hold until the current bugs are fixed.

Yep, but unfortunately for us there’s no money in bug fixing.
  • Options
    RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    I would love for it to be a Honeymoon pack or something. A new vacation world, maybe half can be lived in (for townies) and half can be rented for a getaway. More romantic interactions like slow-dancing, laying together in bed, cuddling, etc.... Classic items like the Niagara Love Tub or the Vibromatic Heart Bed, and of course more. I just want relationships to be more real and thoughtful... All the relationships in the Sims 4, as much as I enjoy it, just kind of feel like "friends with benefits", even when a couple is married.

I'm ready to be disappointed though.
    37mfj.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

That's pretty much how I seen it, its the "we're listening" but we will continue to ignore you and do as we wish we got years ago.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

Yep, but unfortunately for us there’s no money in bug fixing.

@So_Money I know. But we do kind of pry for bug fixing when buying packs. It's just that we pay in advance. And since EA already has the money they don't care about the product anymore..
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I like how they basically admitted that they began working on the next EP after people had started requesting farming so much (over a year ago), and they still didn't do it. Maybe it's another highly requested theme?

My main guess is something with supernaturals, since happy haunts got so many votes after arts and crafts in the community vote. But maybe the concept of it was too big to go in a stuff pack so they’ve been working on it as an expansion instead, with fairies, werewolves, and a grim reaper career. Maybe even dragons

I’ll be standing in the corner until then, ready for my white cake as reward for guessing the right answer 😉

Seeing as it’s not the horse/farm EP I am desperate for I would actually really like this to be the next EP. Happy Haunts was what I put second because the grim reaper career seemed such a cool idea (among other things) and I was really on the fence whether to put it first above arts and crafts but that won out in the end for me. So yeah I’d be totally stoked for this but I’m not getting my hopes up lest we end up wearing that cake of yours haha!

I voted for knitting in the SP poll, but I would LOVE for Happy Haunts to be a bigger pack like a GP or EP. I have 0 expectations that it will be the EP coming later this year though.
    I also play Sims 3 and there is a Grimms Ghostly manor in the store. I think I'm going to finally get it to explore. 😃
    I think it deserves a bigger pack too. Imagine if knitting was an EP or GP instead like how Eco Lifestyle became by not winning the community voted SP.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Komura wrote: »

I agree, To be honest though I’m glad they warned everyone that the next expansion won’t be something people have been vocally asking for. This way I’m prepared for something completely off the wall and I’m either meh, or pleasantly surprised if it’s something good. I miss when they’d give us little hints, or hide things in expansions (like the bat under the trampoline in Sims 3, or the ability to see a city in the distance, the paw print on the gnome, etc). Sims 2 would actually include an insert in the packaging of the new released pack advertising the next expansion. With how vocal and rightfully irate the community is and has been, keeping secrets was imho probably the wrong route to take.
    They warned people ahead this year would be full of new ideas.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Aleia1Aleia1 Posts: 68 Member

Also, this could be the third new pack announcement while the EL mess STILL isn't fixed. I really feel it's an insult to keep bringing out more packs and expecting us to install them into such a buggy game. EL caused so many ongoing problems, and now we can't play freelance careers due to another new bug.
  • Options
    ThTSsimmerThTSsimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    Hey guys!! I just purchased one of the kits & it got me thinking how cool it would be if they could take maybe certain other things and apply it to the same concept....I was a huge (HUGE) fan of The Sims Superstar expansion pack, I love get famous but it's just missing things from Superstar I would of loved to see...I loved you were able to pick between singer, model, or actor and actually participate in those careers (photo shoots, studio recording, music video, ect) since we now have kits & packs how cool would it be if they released sort of an extension of Get famous were you could purchase & download these "additional" careers, also an option to be involved in all 3 fields at the same time would be pretty cool.