Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• EteyraEteyra Posts: 26 Member
    I'm also pleasantly surprised by the buildmode items. Add these to the Eco pack and Strangerville and you definitely can create a post apocalyptic town.
    I was one of the rare one enthusiastic about this pack. I love Star Wars and I couldn't wait to try this pack.
    I was sad to be disappointed for its emptiness.

BUT I'll admit I screeched with joy when I made my own R2D2!!
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    I haven't played the story of Batuu yet, because I'm in another gameplay where Batuu doesn't fit in, but I was positively surprised about build and buy stuff in there. At first, I thought there were absolutely nothing, I could ever use because it's too theme specific. But more and more I discover items which I can choose. Yesterday I detected, that even some cas items would fit perfectly to the 1920s era I played right now and they were the best options without using cc's. So I'm really happy that I gave this gamepack a chance, even when I was not convinced.

Glad you found something to like! One of the things I love most is how wonderfully detailed and varied the BB and CAS items are. Yes, the bulk of it is SF/grunge/Star Wars, but every time I look I see a lot of things could be used anywhere and would fit in fine. I keep looking at the clothing and pining because we don't have a medieval/Robin Hood pack because a lot of those clothes would be perfect for village wear.

I finally broke down and brought this pack today since some modders made some temporary cc windows I can use for now.
    This B/B is the best I ever saw in a pack!!!!😍😍😍 I'm literally melting here looking over the stuff.
    Even the textures of many items look better than usual. I don't feel the need for a cc replacement.
    😱😱😱😱 I have so many ideas for secret lairs and headquarters with this stuff. And the broken walls thats in debug is something I wanted for so long 😭😭😭😭 and so much good stuff for my apocalyptic builds. I haven't even gotten started with the pack and I love it.

Yes it is! ...Secret lairs? Sounds cool.
    Eteyra wrote: »
    I'm also pleasantly surprised by the buildmode items. Add these to the Eco pack and Strangerville and you definitely can create a post apocalyptic town.
    I was one of the rare one enthusiastic about this pack. I love Star Wars and I couldn't wait to try this pack.
    I was sad to be disappointed for its emptiness.

BUT I'll admit I screeched with joy when I made my own R2D2!!

LOL! :D R2D2 is still the best.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I really like the cave in jtb real fun
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    Isharell wrote: »

Glad you found something to like! One of the things I love most is how wonderfully detailed and varied the BB and CAS items are. Yes, the bulk of it is SF/grunge/Star Wars, but every time I look I see a lot of things could be used anywhere and would fit in fine. I keep looking at the clothing and pining because we don't have a medieval/Robin Hood pack because a lot of those clothes would be perfect for village wear.

Yes that's true, there are mostly modern clothes which you can't use. Well I had count once nine jeans in a grunge look. We hat this already in the 1990s, but it seems to be en vogue again.

I use also some of the new costumes for my mystery ancient savegame. They are beautiful.

In the spoiler are the clothes I mean for my challenge. The man wears the trousers and shoes for the sport dress, maybe he plays golf or polo or just for riding. The woman wears the vest as partydress. It's fits because of the waiste and design gimmicks, as far as I have compared with the pictures from then. :)
    rsPB125.pngkgeMPNe.png?1
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @Isharell for the 2nd basement maybe place a ladder to get down there? For starters.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    @Isharell for the 2nd basement maybe place a ladder to get down there? For starters.

@BlkBarbiegal Thank you! That's a good thought. Glad to hear it makes sense to someone else. That helps me squelch my sensible side which says "but how did he get all that stuff down a ladder" LOL --Plus a ladder would be easier to hide behind a pile of junk...I think I am overcomplicating this.

I wish we could connect 2 lots via a basement <evil laugh> Oh, the mischief we could do with that ability! Story wise, I mean. :*
    Daravi wrote: »
    Isharell wrote: »

Yes that's true, there are mostly modern clothes which you can't use. Well I had count once nine jeans in a grunge look. We hat this already in the 1990s, but it seems to be en vogue again.

I use also some of the new costumes for my mystery ancient savegame. They are beautiful.

In the spoiler are the clothes I mean for my challenge. The man wears the trousers and shoes for the sport dress, maybe he plays golf or polo or just for riding. The woman wears the vest as partydress. It's fits because of the waiste and design gimmicks, as far as I have compared with the pictures from then. :)
    rsPB125.pngkgeMPNe.png?1

@Daravi
    Those look really good! Those pants and boots look exactly like something you'd wear for riding, outdoor sports, or just casual wear, and that lady's top is perfect for her. It is simple but elegant, and could work in any era.

That is what I meant about the clothes, they are really more versatile than you would think at first glance. Especially boots and pants - they can be made to work anywhere.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    For those still completing missions (like me :p ) this guide might be helpful. I usually refer to Carl but he only did a brief overview for the pack.

For those still completing missions (like me :p ) this guide might be helpful. I usually refer to Carl but he only did a brief overview for the pack.

thanks
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    So many complain that there's no religion in The Sims. Well, they added one. ;)

Tio7OFY.png

TgpyFVZ.png

I have been having as much fun in Build/Buy as I have had playing. :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    @Sindocat , that place looks awesome! :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Thanks! Dai Bendu Kyber Temple - I finally made a Spa lot. Spa, dojo, temple... The Force unites all things. It was a fun build. Links in the Star Wars Builds thread.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    For those still completing missions (like me :p ) this guide might be helpful.
    Thanks, cos I've hardly started the missions!

That's the trouble with rotational play. Or maybe that's a good thing... it'll take me an awful long time to get through everything.

I'm enjoying all the pics and posts, I'm just trying not to make a star wars sim in every single household I play :D
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I'm actually considering creating an entire Star Wars save because I've seen so many amazing builds and I don't have the space in my main save for them but really want to play them. It's so much work! But maybe I'll just keep it within with a few regions like Oasis, StrangerVille, Granite Falls, Selvadorada and Glimmerbrook and maybe the Windenburg island because those environments are probably the most compatible. I'm finding I don't even feel like playing with my other Sims yet and I've always been a household jumper because I get bored sometimes.

I guess when you feel inspired, go with it, right? :D
    #Team Occult
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    @LiELF , if you use SV and do not want to do the story, Bienchen has a mod for that , what is still very much working :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    I did create a dedicated save for Journey to Batuu, in fact. My legacy became Spellcaster-heavy and I wanted to play Black Spire without Occult since the location disables those abilities.

Instead, my exploration Sim, Jace Destin (Scoundrel, Resistance asset, Dai Bendu lightsaber adept) is cloned from the same gift of the CAS randomizer that became one of my founders.

Currently, it's his fiancé, Ty Antares, pursuing Scoundrel reputation for his Aspiration. I'd like to cap that before he starts working with the Resistance - less static from First Order bucket-heads, that way.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    @LiELF , if you use SV and do not want to do the story, Bienchen has a mod for that , what is still very much working :)

Good to know, thanks! :)
    #Team Occult
    just hit my 2500 hour in sims 4 been having lots of fun with the jtb pack :)
    Me, too! Well, not the hours yet - I only picked up TS4 in May, 2019, and also play other games. But Batuu itself, the Sims I made to explore it (and play-test my Tatooine Homestead lot), and oh my goodness BUILD MODE with the new assets have had me busier than I have been since Realm of Magic (which I also really enjoyed).

If I am honest, I got less out of Tiny Living and Eco Lifestyle than I had hoped. I am not complaining - there were good features in both - but neither really grabbed me. This one really has! Then again, I have wanted my own lightsaber and astromech droid since I was eight. :)

Sindocat wrote: »
    Me, too! Well, not the hours yet - I only picked up TS4 in May, 2019, and also play other games. But Batuu itself, the Sims I made to explore it (and play-test my Tatooine Homestead lot), and oh my goodness BUILD MODE with the new assets have had me busier than I have been since Realm of Magic (which I also really enjoyed).

If I am honest, I got less out of Tiny Living and Eco Lifestyle than I had hoped. I am not complaining - there were good features in both - but neither really grabbed me. This one really has! Then again, I have wanted my own lightsaber and astromech droid since I was eight. :)

I feel the same @Sindocat and I agree they are good packs
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I've been absent because my sims are on a Batuu break.
    They are young adults now.
    09_21_20_11_46_50_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This means it's time to apply for University.
    09_21_20_11_50_59_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

A GeekCon event popped up before they left for Uni.
    09_21_20_12_01_30_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And they also had one more adventure at Batuu while they waited for their applications to Uni to be processed.
    Olivia ungraded her astromech so it allowed her to go on free flights in the X-wing.
    I liked that the ride was so enjoyable it refilled her needs.
    09_22_20_10_49_19_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I had one more thing to take care of before they departed for Ubrite.
    Nancy Landgraab had to update her University student stores.
    09_21_20_10_39_29_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It now has a Star Wars toys section.
    09_21_20_10_46_20_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Those Landgraabs own everything.
    09_21_20_10_54_33_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

So now they are in Wyvern Hall in Britechester.
    And the game changed my wall textures to a darker color for some reason with the last patch.
    Another thing to fix.
    09_22_20_11_35_46_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I love my dorm, but I am finding playing Discover University to be very boring.
    09_22_20_11_37_55_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Homework, presentations, term papers, and going to class... zzzzzz.....
    09_22_20_12_25_17_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

None of this...
    09_13_20_4_43_31_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_13_20_2_20_03_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_23_20_1_13_52_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Or this...
    09_19_20_10_55_51_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Zzzz...
    09_23_20_1_13_22_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I did have fun making over the dormies.
    09_24_20_1_49_59_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They do have their term papers and presentations out of the way, so a little more time for other activities is available.
    09_24_20_10_56_05_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I turned to the Student Commons for more things for them to do on campus.
    This has to be one of EA's most boring lots. They couldn't even be bothered to add ping pong tables to it.
    09_25_20_11_24_41_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

So it was time for another project.
    09_25_20_12_53_31_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This fits in better with the look of the campus and it has more useful lot traits.
    09_26_20_8_23_21_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I also add something that should have come with University, instead of sold separately in a stuff pack.
    The main floor with have a social lounge and cafeteria. The upper level will have a study area and a games area.
    09_26_20_8_23_41_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I had forgotten I recently played this couple in my rotation and ended up going back to them too soon... I really need to make notes about my rotational play lol.

Anyway, Shaun and Louise returned to their resistance missions and Louise is still trying to scramble the darn thing by the droid tower...
    09-26-20_6-00-47%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

My sims are growing fond of BB-C1, especially when he zaps those pesky guards.
    09-26-20_5-49-27%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

09-26-20_6-04-19%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

And just a view picture, because I love this area:
    09-26-20_6-11-03%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    So.....I did order myself a toy to go along with the pack and because I love Star Wars and Gremlins and papillon dogs. Big ears are adorable to me.
    81o5JaJv0-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Probably silly of me to buy a toy that cost as much as the pack, but this year has been tough and nice to have things like Star Wars to make me happy and remind me of family and childhood. After sharing that firefighter video too, makes me think of the hard work they do as well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top