Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Purchasing GP 9

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
If the next game pack is a theme you like and you like what you see in the official LiveStream when will you purchase the game?
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Purchasing GP 9 190 votes

Day 1
43%
crocobauraBluegaylecatmom1987LeGardePourpreIceyJCamkatPlayerSinger2010danacnbrettmcruddIsb917SimburianTonjeHkeekee53elemmelesimgirl1010robyngravesMoon_Willowalanmichael1stilljustme2catloverplayer 83 votes
Within the first two weeks after seeing player game-play and hearing their opinions.
7%
Kita5399Simmervilleaelias24smurf45bluetaydevDaemonPawsmmb_abrtexxx78blur0secalipossKokoaMilkDianesimsx4m1r4EliasVersaceSunsetshowcase 15 votes
Within the first month after I am confident there are not an excess of new bugs.
15%
alexspoom13MartinvhaneulAnmirlaloubyloulouRamblineRoseJoybearrKniga_Sitarabixtersadele_katNationalPokedexEnkiSchmidtFlyingPotato659domina89Gecko420SawnSilentKittybirdonawireUncagedSongbirdLady_Ballora 30 votes
I am not buying the next game pack.
32%
auroraael14overonMLadyAzzerababajayneThomoMariefoxprice83Paigeisin5drake_mccartymock68VageniusCinebarSlayeurTownBariSaxyBimleSimdavina1221amcroceKhrisstynemikawagjcp011c2mannanna 62 votes

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Day 1
    Well, actually not until it's available to bundle, but that's the only reason I'd be waiting.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Day 1
    I always buy right away if it’s something I’m interested in.....which for me isn’t sounding hopeful so far for the next pack. 😥
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Day 1
    Eco Lifestyle is the only pack I’ve bought the first day so far, but I think I will be buying the next one on the first day if I like it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Within the first month after I am confident there are not an excess of new bugs.
    Well I put the first month, but usually I wait for a sale. I am actually most curious about what new system might be in the next GP rather than just the aesthetic theme, and that will be a bigger influence for me.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited August 2020
    next year at earliest I'm very much broke and will hope for sale of some kind even if i had money and it was exactly what i need/want
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd have to go beyond theme I want for reason to purchase because there have been a lot of packs with themes I really wanted but the game play and replayability was just there such as Island Living and Get to Work. So my vote would be more like I'm only buying the pack if I see replay value and not a pack designed around interacting with a few objects in a ugly predesigned world.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Day 1
    Presuming I like the pack, I have no problem buying day 1. Especially for a nice chunk of content like a GP. However, it takes more than just a good or bad theme to win or lose me.

Case in point, EL. I do not really care about the theme of it, but I like the things I can do with it. It gives me features to mess around with all my worlds and really rounds out my off the grid play. I really like what EL offers even if the theme is lackluster. Further, C&D. I love pets, they are usually the best packs for me, but it is probably my least favorite pack in all of 4 because of how shallow pets are.

So, yeah. Day 1 if I like the features and contributions. Otherwise, I'll sit on it unless my friends are liking it.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I find it impossible to answer before I knowing what a pack is about.

If I like it as much as RoM and really really really want it, then I will buy it at full price the first day I can get into my game. But this might not necessarily be day one. Within a week or so, regardless of other people's reviews.
    But most packs I like, I buy at the first sale which is usually a couple of months later. I kind of miss that option in the poll. It is possible to wait for a sale even if I like the pack.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Bro we don't even know what the pack is about lol
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Where is the “when there’s a good sale” option? That’s how I buy all my packs.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2020
    Once it is on sale.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Day 1
    Day 1.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I am upset with the lack of quality of the recent EP’s so it’s a no buy for me.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I learned my lesson after the disaster that was Eco Lifestyle.

Also if it really is Star Wars then I won't be buying it at all.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    I never buy packs for full price, ever. I'll wait a few weeks until another sale comes on or it's at a reasonable price elsewhere. The space thing isn't really my theme of choice, but it'll still be interesting to play with so I'll buy it at some stage

Eco Lifestyle was £35 on release in my currency, within two weeks it was £20 on cdkeys. It's worth the wait to get it basically half price, and shopping around is always a good idea given how overpriced packs are.
  • Options
    gothbuniegothbunie Posts: 43 Member
    Absolutely love the bb items of eco lifestyle. Even though it was on sale, I didn't buy it cuz it's still too buggy. I'm gonna wait until new game pack comes out so I can get them in a bundle.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Day 1
    I always buy day 1 because I'm interested in everything.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I never buy on the first day because I never buy full price anymore. Not worth it at all. I think I have never bought a piece of DLC for full price.

It's really not smart, cause even the newest packs like Eco Lifestyle go on sale very quickly.
    Only one month after Eco lifestyle released, you could get it for 50% off in a bundle.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Day 1
    If it's something I am interested in then day 1 for sure. And it sounds like it will be something I'm interested in this time - that is, if the rumours about it being a Star Wars or Space themed pack are correct.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Day 1
    Can you preorder game packs? It’s been a while since I’ve bought anything Sims dlc. I seem to recall preordering parenthood.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Within the first two weeks after seeing player game-play and hearing their opinions.
    I will definitely going to buy it, if it's the theme that I want, but not on the first day. Not because I want to hear reviews. I don't need reviews if it's the game that I want & like, but more about my past experience when I bought the Seasons pack on the day of its released. I was charged 3 times because of the transaction failures. It was because of the transaction traffic was very high that could probably caused the issue. I've got the money back and I did bought it on my 3rd attempt.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Day 1
    I am buying all the packs to complete the game before it ends
    ..... plus I can afford it, having saved money in Lockdown,
    ...........plus I need something to interest me in aforesaid Lockdown as I am getting depressed with aforesaid Lockdown.

And because I like Sims 4
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Depends on how much I want it. If there’s a feature that gives sims more personality like an attraction system or interests, then I’ll be more inclined to buy it very soon after the release. If they built a pack around a theme that did well in our surveys (teen gameplay, more hobbies, bands, winter vacations) that would be exciting, too.

If it’s occult-related I’m not interested at all unless maybe it’s fairies.
    If it’s Star Wars, 99% likely never.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm holding to my principles just like I did in TS2 and TS3 until they fix their mistakes and bugs I don't buy anymore. At the end of TS2 there were some glitches and bugs in the last stuff pack which behaves like an EP, so I never bought it. In TS3 the IL EP was a mess, so I skipped the last EPs of TS3. I hold to those rules, and a lot happier for it. The last several packs for TS4 have been a mess, no new shiny can now make me change my principles. Fix the problems and I might consider another pack if it's what I would like.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Day 1
    If I like the theme and they do well on the livestream, I will go with Day 1. If it's something I'm only half interested in, I'll buy it whenever it goes on sale.

While I do find game changers interesting to watch in most cases, they never make my mind up for me but I will take into consideration what they say with their early access provided they aren't biased in some way (eg. Star Wars pack but known sci-fi hater).
    Origin ID: Peapod79