Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Decades Challenge

JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
Meet the Damme Family

Founders-CAS1.png

Elizabet immigrated from Germany with her young lad Emmett in 1872 aboard the "Ohio". After coming to the states they made their way to Brindleton Bay and settled in a small farm home. When Emmett was old enough he became a fisherman like many others of this town. He also meet and fell in love with local girl, Carolina Friedericke. Together they are ready to start a family that will survive the decades to come.

Formal wear
Founders-CAS2.png
Athletic
Founders-CAS3.png
Sleep
Founders-CAS4.png
Party
Founders-CAS5.png
Swim
Founders-CAS6.png

A Step in Time.... starter home
Take a step back in time to the 1890's where late Victorian was still the style but one lived a simple country life. This is my starter home for the decades challenge. While a little more in funds, it houses the essentials for living off the grid with some comforts. But no worries we can take out a loan and begin our journey.
Founders-Starter1.png
Founders-Starter2.png

Founders-Starter3.png
Founders-Starter4.png
Founders-Starter5.png
Founders-Starter6.png
Founders-Starter7.png

The Wedding... Spring 1890
Took place at Deadgrass Isle Inn
Founders-Wedding1.pngFounders-Wedding2.pngFounders-Wedding3.pngFounders-Wedding4.pngFounders-Wedding5.png
Founders-Honeymoon1.png

Moving in...
Founders-Elizabet-Emmett-Carolina.png

Starting funds 22,000
A loan was made to move into this home with a 10% interest. Making their payback total 17.757
Decreased family funds to 0, having them live off the land through foraging.

They tried for baby on wedding night but didn't conceive...
By Friday of week 1... loan paid 1,000 and still no pregnancy...

Emmett fishes in the morning and tends to garden in the afternoon. Now that Emmett is taking care of the family Elizabet spends her free time walking the beaches
Emmett-Carolina-Garden2.pngEmmett-Carolina-Garden1.pngElizabet-on-the-beach.png

To be Continued...
Please Note... I am using CC to give as close as possible historical accuracy. Gallery EA ID leetamme
CC items I am using thus far were found by searching pinterest, lana cc finds, TSR, historicalsimslife, and linzlu.tumblr.

WbUrFQm.png
Post edited by JestTru on

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited August 2020
    After 2 years of trying to conceive they finally did...
    She spent most of 1892 pregnant
    Carolina-Prego1.pngEmmett-excited-for-baby1.pngEmmett-Carolina-relax-pool1.pngCarolina-1pregotri2.pngCarolina-prego1tri3.png

Baby Frances Damme was born 1893
    Carolina-baby1.pngFrances-Damme.png1893-Frances-baby-and-Elizabet.png

They took in a stray dog and named him Prince. He's a Mastiff and a couch potato, loyal, and playful...
    Prince-Damme.png

Cow Plant is finally grown, his name is War
    08-11-20-7-54-48-PM.png

*They have paid the home down some and now owe 15,757

*Between fishing and selling his produce exchange Emmett is able to make a decent living. Perhaps one day he will have his own fishing empire or at least his own boat...

Damme-Gen1-1.png

To be Continued...

WbUrFQm.png
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I absolutely adore their house.
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    I love your family, your home, and your story. :smile:
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • PenguinBudgiePenguinBudgie Posts: 44 Member
    I agree, this is a great decades challenge story and family! I love the clothing you found for the era, too!
  • PieceOfPrincessPieceOfPrincess Posts: 150 Member
    It looks so good! Love it and keep on posting! <3
    Play the "Pac(k)-man Challenge" Find it in my Google Doc or Copy it from the Forum!
    FIND THE LATEST RULES AND ROLLS FOR THE SIMS 4 RANDOM LEGACY IN THIS BLOG.
    edited August 2020
    So there has been much progress for this family over the past couple years.

Carolina became pregnant again not a year later of Frances becoming a Toddler.
    1893... Carolina 2nd pregnancy
    1893-Carolina-2prego.png

Emmett ages to Adult in 1894
    1984-Emmett-30bday.png

1894...Frances ages to Toddler
    1894-Frances-2bday.png1894-Frances-2bday2.png

Thanksgiving 1894 (the first in game)
    894-Thanksgiving.png

After paying off a large sum of the home loan and now oweing 11,000 Emmett began work on a larger home for the growing family.
    1895-Emmett-building.png
    The foundation was layed and complete before winter could arrival...
    1895-rebuild1.png

Ruth Damme is born winter 1894
    1864-Ruth-born.png

Life goes on...
    1893-everyday-life.png1894-Elizabet-Frances-Prince2.png1894-frances-elizabet-prince.png1894-Ruth-Elizabet.png1894-frances-emmett-play.png

Although with the winter months hard times are near. Emmett's fishing is seasonal and the garden doesn't grow in the snow. Elizabet did stock up on some food so at least they'll be able to survive the snowy winter.

In 1895 Elizabet turned 47 and had a death roll. The dice rolled a 2 and I am using the war method of odds die evens live, so she gets to live another year.
    08-16-20-1-29-27-PM.png

1stGen2.png

To be continued...
    WbUrFQm.png
    @AphoticLee I like your story very much. How did you get that family portrait on the wall? It adds character to the home. I'm glad Elizabet can live another year. Frances is a cutie. Welcome to the family Ruth.
    1895 ended with a Happy Holiday
    1895-xmas2.png1895-Xms1.png
    1895-winter.png

1896 had some downs and ups...

Elizabet passed at the young age of 48
    1896-Elizabet-death1.png1896-Elizabet-death2.png

Then Ruth aged to a toddler...
    1986-Ruth-toddler1.png1986-Ruth-toddler2.png

1897.... A lot of hard work and progress
    Emmett is near to mastering fishing.
    1896-fishing.png
    08-16-20-8-40-28-PM.png

The garden has grown with some additions and The new house has it's outside walls and roofing built. There is still much to be done but Emmett hopes to be complete before the new century.
    08-16-20-9-25-18-PM.png
    08-16-20-9-53-43-PM.png

WbUrFQm.png
    Ruth is adorable. I love her red hair. Your new house looks time-period good. Another great update.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    A mixture of highs and lows in this installment. I like your choice of screen cap angles, especially the beach scene with the lighthouse in the background.
    edited August 2020
    !897 wrapped up with just saving simoleons and living on the bare minimum. But they got through the year with no issues.
    Emmett continued to work on the new house
    1897-house-work.png

Carolina tended to family and home
    1897-storytime.png

1898 a year that just went...
    Carolina became pregnant with their 3rd child
    1898-prego3-1.png1898-prego3-2.png

The Toddlers enjoyed egg hunting
    1898-Easter1.png1898-easter2.png
    Though Ruth is a fussy toddler and can be quiet mischievous

Carolina was about to pop
    1898-2nd-trimester-belly.png

With the new baby coming Emmett was determined more than ever to get the house finished. He paid another payment on the land and now owes 10,000

1899 Births, Birthdays and Moving
    Carolina had the baby at the beginning of the year, Another GIRL.... her name is Anna Damme
    1899-Labor3.png
    (side note after having my own baby, I can feel the pain in this)
    1899-Anna.png
    (and the joy after)

1stGen4.png

Frances aged up...
    1899-Frances-bday1.png1899-Frances-bday2.png1899-Frances-bday3.png

By the end of 1899 the family moved into the new house. Though it is still not complete, the main floor is done and they moved all their things over.
    08-17-20-11-33-57-PM.png
    08-17-20-11-34-15-PM.png08-17-20-11-36-55-PM.png

1stGen5.png

To Be Continued.... Next up turn of the century
    WbUrFQm.png
    Another great chapter! :smile:

@AphoticLee How do you get your family portrait like that in your game?
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Mionax I believe it's a free item from a couple years ago. They had a promotion linked with Sims Mobile where you could get a family portrait frame for Sims 4. I'm thoroughly upset that I never noticed the promotion and, therefore, don't have it. It's pretty neat. Maybe someday they'll bring it back for those of us that missed it.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    @Mionax I believe it's a free item from a couple years ago. They had a promotion linked with Sims Mobile where you could get a family portrait frame for Sims 4. I'm thoroughly upset that I never noticed the promotion and, therefore, don't have it. It's pretty neat. Maybe someday they'll bring it back for those of us that missed it.

Don't feel too bad---the frame's pretty darned ugly.
    edited August 2020
    @Mionax I got the family portrait from downloading Sims Mobile years ago. Not sure if it is still available but if you don't mind mods someone has it made. You can find it here https://sims4studio.com/thread/13060/glassplumbob

I am currently using the simpler frame from here https://sims4studio.com/thread/13125/family-portrait-simpler-frame

After which I just change the pose till I find the one I want and screenshot it.

@Kellogg_J_Kellogg they have both put on some weight. Despite constantly working and being active outdoors they still gained. But I haven't had much time for them to workout trying to keep up with the household and changing times. Off the Grid was a bit of challenging times. But I am really enjoying this challenge, first time I've enjoyed Sims 4 in a while, but I am playing with a lot of CC which I don't normally do.
    WbUrFQm.png
    edited August 2020
    Whew, Finally made it to 1900 and what a busy couple years. It was like birthday birthday birthday.... This family is growing and growing bigger than I anticipated.

...No more Off The Grid...YaY

...I added a couple of lamps only so no real big update on the home.

...While we our allowed indoor plumbing, I have decided to hold off for just a bit because I read that it was only popular among the wealthy so those that lived a more simple life still used outhouses. Bummer because going to the bathroom when all it wanted to do was Thunderstorm for several Sim Days
    1900-peeing.png

Now 1900 was full of things to do...
    Anna aged up. She is so adorable and such a little independent angel. I absolutely love her. She is quiet and just does her own thing with hardly no fussing. The only time she gets angry is when she is hungry, and let's face it who hasn't been a little "Hangry" from time to time.
    1900-ruth-ageup1.png
    1900-ruth-ageup2.png

Carolina got pregnant for the 4th time. Was very excited for this because we had yet to have a boy. At first Emmett's face was like "what in the world is going on, what does this lady want so late at night"... No worries though, Emmett was only caught off guard because Carolina decided to wake him up in the middle of the night to tell him they were having a baby, again. He was very happy to hear it and they hugged it out.
    1900-4th-prego1.png
    1900-4thprego2.png

Ruth also aged up to child... She is a terror. She has inherited her daddy's Hot-Headed Temper. Not to mention literally makes a mess every chance she can. It's annoying and both Emmett and Carolina are constantly getting onto her.
    1900-Ruth-bday1.png
    1900-Ruth-bday2.png

1900 School Day.. Carolina spent most of 1900 pregnant.
    1900-school.png

Emmett paid part of the home loan and they now owe 9000 simoleons.

Carolina goes into Labor... And FINALLY a BOY... NO WAIT IT"S 2 Boys... TWINS.. WHAT!!!!! Holy Cow did not expect that.
    The first born is Lewis and the second is Frank
    1901-Lewis-Frank-born1.png
    1901-Lewis-Frank-born2.png

Ruth was not happy with getting a new sibling, let alone 2 of them... true to her mischievous behavior she was always making faces at them.
    1901-jealous-sibling.png

Thanksgiving 1900. Everyone was super uncomfortable. Specially Carolina. The poor woman has had very little sleep. But everyone did gather at the table to eat.
    1901-thanksgiving.png

1901 ended with a family of 7.5 Can't wait to see what they look like when grown.
    1stGen6.png

Started off with Carolina aging up. Emmett did get her a Phonograph, so now she can listen to music as she knits.
    1902-carolina-bday.png

Then the twins aged up. They both have smushed faces so it'll be interesting to see their features when they age.
    Lewis because he wasn't such a demanding baby is an Independent Toddler, though a bit on the chunky side
    1902-Lewis.png
    Frank is slender but wanted a lot of attention so he is a clingy toddler
    1902-Frank.png

Emmett decided to start jogging, he was getting a bit pudgy. He did run into Mr Delgato walking his dog Blue
    1902-jog.png

Then their is just family time. Emmett tends to play with Prince more since Elizabet passed. Carolina is always knitting something. Frances is made to learn the Piano and Ruth the Violin. Anna is a little behind on her toddler skills so she takes to the blocks to catch up.
    1902-fam-time.png

The Family thus far... 1902
    08-21-20-9-48-41-PM.png

To Be Continued...
    I wonder if I should have them have another kid???
    WbUrFQm.png
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    I wouldn't. EA's coding of a max of 8 sims makes even the mods that allow more dangerous to use. It's too easy to accidentally lose a sim. Great update, by the way!
    Great update. I'd not recommend another child. The house is full. Great family portrait.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I love the CC you've used and you retro-outfitted Justin Delgato, cool.
    Upgrades and a Birthday.....

Anna is finally potty trained. She took a bit longer to train than her sisters. She might have some stubbornness going on.
    1902-ANNA-POTTY.png

The Twins room all cozy for those little lads
    1902-TWINSROOM.png

Meet Brant Hecking. His roommate (shhh, secret partner) didn't come along but he got to meet the family and play some chess with Frances.
    1903-Brant-Hecking1.png
    1903-Brant-Hecking2.png

Some Play Time
    1903-play1.png
    1903-play2.png
    1903-play3.png
    1903-play4.png

Prince Love
    1903-Prince-Love.png

Christmas
    1903-xmas1.png
    1903-xmas2.png
    1903-xmas3.png
    1903-xmas4.png

Just some cozy days by the fire
    1904-cozy.png

The Girls meet Max Villareal, Frances found him slightly interesting while Ruth wasn't impressed. Maybe because she has a similar mischievous Nature.
    1904-Max-Vil-meet1.png
    1904-Max-Vil-meet2.png

Prince and Frank playing. Ol Prince is 13 years old, the family gotta get all the loves in while they can.
    1904-Prince-and-Frank.png

Toddler time. These little tots love to sit and just hang all over momma. She takes a bit of time to read to them.
    1904-Toddler-time.png

1905... Wow 15 years already, can't believe it. This family is growing and so is their home.
    Anna's Birthday. Those Blue Eyes though
    1905-Anna-bday1.png
    1905-Anna-bday2.png
    1905-Anna-bday3.png

Time to upgrade the bathrooms. Yay no more outdoor potty. (I looked up homes and gardens in 1905 and toilets were featured)
    1905-bathroom-upgrade1.png
    1905-bathroom-upgrade2.png

To be Continued...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Where did you get the clothes and outhouse? Love your story.

@RamblineRose

The outhouse I built but the toilet is found here https://m.box.com/shared_item/https://app.box.com/s/bchbrox6e51m0e3edk7yg8ywjiruolrk

The clothes came from various sites.
    Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/sushitheyummy/decades-challenge-sims-4-cc-1890-1910/

Linzlu's Finds. She has them seperated by decade so this is a good site.
    https://linzlu-finds.tumblr.com/

History Lovers. Also has it by decade.
    http://historicalsimslife.blogspot.com/search/label/sims 4?m=1

Lana CC Finds...
    https://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/themed

I've also just recently downloaded a lot of CC clothing for the 1920s, 30s, and 40s from HaapyLifeSims lonleyboy. There is some pretty awesome stuff here
    https://happylifesims.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads
    WbUrFQm.png