Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the Best World for Sun through the windows

I take a lot of staging pics for my creations and I love when I find a lot that has amazing sun streaming into the windows, makes the pics much more interesting.

In your opinion which world has the best world lighting that has that fantastic sunlight?

Comments

• ZorgaZorga Posts: 613 Member
    Sulani! As long as you orient the house correctly. I could get some stunning looks
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I dont know about you but San Myshuno is always good for that, except the Foodie Neighborhood.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    @Chicklet453681 It really depends on the lot and angle and time of day, more than what world, I find. I've actually reticulated buildings to get the sun angles nicer for coming in through the windows and glass roof.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I think any world during a heatwave is gorgeous but I really love how it looks on the gym lot in Oasis Springs. I have a house there instead and it's gorgeous during the summer.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think the lot atop a hill in Del Sol Valley gets quite a lot of light as there are no trees or buildings nearby. Also, the desert neighbourhoods might be suitable as it doesn't rain as often there.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    i would say oasis springs
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Seasons added intricate new lighting . I really love the Heatwave lighting especially
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I used the empty lot on Sulani, used floor to ceiling windows, and shrunk down a palm tree and placed it near the house so the palm fronds shadow would also appear inside the house from the window shadow, looks really good I gotta say!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The hill in Strangerville is pretty awesome.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    So far Oasis Springs, Del Sol Valley, and Sulani seem to be the favorites for this.
    I would have to agree on those three worlds for sunlight. :)

(And Strangerville, which is kinda an extension of Oasis Springs) ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    The good neighbourhood in Evergreen Harbor looks really nice.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Sulani usually gives my homes plenty of sunlight! Not to mention the beauty of the ocean as well :)
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    When I first saw the lighting effects they patched into the game, my Sims were living in the 50 X 50 lot in Willow Springs. Nice light through the windows, it's awesome. Sadly, I never took pictures.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    When I first saw the lighting effects they patched into the game, my Sims were living in the 50 X 50 lot in Willow Springs. Nice light through the windows, it's awesome. Sadly, I never took pictures.

I also love how the sunlight shines through the glass roof and moves very realistically as the day progresses.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Actually any world has it as long as you play on high enough graphics and there aren't any structures or foliage casting shadows. It's just that, with Seasons, the desert worlds have more sunny days.
    But if you're not opposed to using cheats, you can make it sunny wherever you want. I'd experiment with that a little.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • WintermuteWintermute Posts: 36 Member
    All can be beautiful, but for me, the best world for sunlight is Sulani. The sunsets and sunrises can be stunning when framed by the beaches, lush tropical greenery and the sparkling blue waters.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I think most worlds have very good lightning, but it really depends on the weather and time of day.

Some lights that you can place in build mode can look very good too, especially if you use reshade.

jY5XD4C.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The desert worlds have great golden light. Also Sulani specially during autumn...
    logion wrote: »
    Some lights that you can place in build mode can look very good too...

True. Like my glass tower.
    I still haven't done anything with it. It really serves no practical purpose, like the Eiffel Tower. But like the Eiffel Tower, I love it too much to knock it down and build something 'practical' there. :)

Rh9yKkJ.png

I'm thinking now I should get rid of the stairs and put in ladders. Along a side, indoors or outdoors? Maybe straight up from the bottom floor underground to the top floor above ground? I'll have to experiment. Also I could change the colours of the lighting to make it even more interesting at night? Hmmm...
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png