Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game not allowing mods now?

I opened game and a pop up opened and said it has disabled mods. I re-enabled and restarted the game, but it has reverted back no disabled mods.

I only have mccc and recently got update and nifty knitting, is that the problem? Anyone know how to fix? Thanks

Comments

• CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    I have nifty knitting, and my mods all work. Maybe try repairing the game?
  • AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 263 Member
    I have nifty knitting, and my mods all work. Maybe try repairing the game?

Already tried, very strange never happened before
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Did you remember to click the "Apply Changes" button? It won't work if you don't.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Did you remember to click the "Apply Changes" button? It won't work if you don't.

Yes. I click apply changes and restart game and pop up comes on again saying mods disabled
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Augh.... scary stuff. It has never happened to me and I am not techy at all. Wish I knew how to fix it. Have you taken a lot over at the EA-bug-site?
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    This happened to me yesterday. I was confused as to why when everything worked just fine a few hours prior and I didn't install anything new. I removed everything and put it back in portions until the pop-up cam again. I then added the subfolders little by little waiting for the pop up to show again but it didn't. My game has been running fine since.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Is your My Documents folder in read only? try deleting them entirely but make sure tray save files and mod folder have been moved elsewhere first
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    izecson wrote: »
    Is your My Documents folder in read only? try deleting them entirely but make sure tray save files and mod folder have been moved elsewhere first

No its a normal folder. Ill try.
    This happened to me yesterday. I was confused as to why when everything worked just fine a few hours prior and I didn't install anything new. I removed everything and put it back in portions until the pop-up cam again. I then added the subfolders little by little waiting for the pop up to show again but it didn't. My game has been running fine since.

Was it a mod that cause the issue?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I re-installed my mods and re-enabled after the NK patch and have had no issues. Try deleting the localthumbcache.package file in the The Sims 4 folder; that could help. You could also ask the question over in the Modding and Custom Content forum; since you're using MCCC maybe ask in that particular topic and see if anyone else has had that issue.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    AJC20178 wrote: »

No, after putting in subfolders in from one folder, everything worked right.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´

No, after putting in subfolders in from one folder, everything worked right.

Hey, I've got it to work now, I done what you done. Phew!

Thanks everyone ☺
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I opened game and a pop up opened and said it has disabled mods. I re-enabled and restarted the game, but it has reverted back no disabled mods.

I only have mccc and recently got update and nifty knitting, is that the problem? Anyone know how to fix? Thanks

Have you gone into Option? After a patch the game goes into default mode. Open your game, go into Options and find Other. Click on that and enable mods and cc. You'll have to click accept and then exit your game. Once you enter your game again, voila, your mods will be there and working again. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I was having similar issues yesterday. It doesn't seem possible that it is related but Origin did an update around the time I had this problem.

I exited the game, moved mods folder out, deleted cache files and the thumbnail cache and did a repair on my game and it was acting normally gain after that. I put the mods folder back in and all was well.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D