Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nifty Knitting - Is it worth it?

Nifty Knitting - Is it worth it, or should I wait till it goes on sale?

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Imo it's worthy. For 10 you get a lot more than the average stuff pack, a hobbie with a skill tied to it, an aspiration, the rocking chair with animations for the whole family, a radio station with new animations, plopsy is usefull for any crafter... and i haven't experienced or heard of any bug.
  • jafo88fanjafo88fan Posts: 577 Member
    I like it, but there is one annoying bug that makes your sim drop everything to knit. You can get around it by making sure to take the knitting bag out of inventory when doing other things.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I used plopsy to sell a masterpiece painting for 10,000 that would have given 4,500 if I sold it to the collectors. I like that there's a rug with fringe since we have so few of them. I even liked the poor result of the rug when it failed and wish I had saved it to my gallery. The teach to knit animations are nice.
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I really like it, especially for family gameplay!
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    It's terrific! Theres new toys and something for everyone :)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Imo it's worthy. For 10 you get a lot more than the average stuff pack, a hobbie with a skill tied to it, an aspiration, the rocking chair with animations for the whole family, a radio station with new animations, plopsy is usefull for any crafter... and i haven't experienced or heard of any bug.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I think it depends on how much you are gonna use it in your game and if you can wait for a sale or not, that goes for every pack really. My sim knits for a living so it is a big part of my gameplay currently, but if you dont feel in a hurry then just wait for a sale, a discount is always better XD
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It’s worth it but there are a lot of bugs (at least for me).

-Sims drop everything they were doing to knit,
    -The knitting skills books don’t improve your knitting skill.
    - The cheat code to unlock cas knitted items swatches crashes my game systematically.

Also I’ll add that the build/buy catalog is a mess since they basically made every swatch at its own item.
    Plopsy is nice but you can’t sell that many things on plopsy.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    This is the perfect pack for me because I make a lot of feminine women and have longed for something crafty and cute they could do, hence why I voted for this pack. It is cute and comforting and cozy. Definitely worth it.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I love it
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I actually like it. I've had fun with it so far. I think you'd have to really, really want knitting though. I don't recommend this pack if you just want the 'extras' like Plopsy or the build/cas items.
    giphy.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For me it is not worth buying, but for another it might be worth buying as all have different expectations.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i see a few folks saying to wait for a sale but this is a stuff pack and it seems it is very rare for them to go on sale?
  • seirraseirra Posts: 1 New Member
    if you are still looking to buy it it is $5 right now
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    edited November 2020
    I like it, I didn’t vote for it but it’s surprisingly added a lot to my gameplay. It’s pretty cute watching a grandma teach her grandson how to knit, plus the items are cute. It’s one of my favorite stuff packs (:

Edit: Still not worth $10 though. Sims packs are highly overpriced and it’s ridiculous.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I just bought it yesterday and have already gotten my sim to level 8 in knitting. It's an enjoyable hobby and I plan to use it on my other sims too. I also love the metal station (can't believe they made us wait this long and then put it in with knitting). I always thought it seemed like an okay pack, but decided it was not worth 10€ for me, mostly because I didn't like the pastel colour scheme/style of the pack much. I do think it's worth 5€ though.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    This is the perfect pack for me because I make a lot of feminine women and have longed for something crafty and cute they could do, hence why I voted for this pack. It is cute and comforting and cozy. Definitely worth it.

And the guys look cute knitting too. 😉

50272673881_3701ec80fb_b.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I love it! One of the best stuff packs for sure in my mind.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I've been pretty happy with it. I like the build/buy and the knitting (and the Metal station) The Color palate isn't for everyone, but there are some decent darker swatches for most things. (Okay, and I happen to like dark teal color in general.)

This current save is the first time I've really explored Plopsy as a source of income, and while it took a little bit to ramp up, one of my current sims sells flower arrangements through Plopsy regularly, for a pretty penny too (he's level 8 at the moment.) The other sells her knitted toys or whatever she ends up knitting randomly when I'm taking care of other sims. I haven't had a problem with my sim canceling an active task, but I have had her cancel qued tasks to knit randomly. Especially if whatever she was working on decides to break.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    I didn't want this pack originally. I thought knitting was such a boring theme but after buying it my mind has been changed. It's nice to have a new hobby for my sims to do and all the clothes and items are so lovely. Plopsy is a really nice addition to the game as well.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Depends on the user really, some can over look the cuteness of the pack and think economically about it's worth.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    As a real life knitter, I am a bit biased.
    I think it's adorable and I love both the BB items and the clothes we can make.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes it is worth it full price and if you can get it in the current sale even better. This is a good stuff pack and along with tiny living for me have been the best packs realised this year and that’s including the 2 ep’s. I can’t comment on Star Wars as I don’t own it but from what the majority of people say I’m not missing much.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Yes, it is on sale, so even better. I wish there were better rocking chairs. They all look similar, and don't fit most of my house styles, also my Sims don't knit much, but I like plopsy to sale things, and someday I will make a sim who knits. ☺️
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Yes it is worth it full price and if you can get it in the current sale even better. This is a good stuff pack and along with tiny living for me have been the best packs realised this year and that’s including the 2 ep’s. I can’t comment on Star Wars as I don’t own it but from what the majority of people say I’m not missing much.

Out of curiosity why do you like tiny living ? I don’t have it cuz I think we can already build small houses so what’s the point ? Is it really to just get some buffs living in a small house ? I don’t get this pack :)