Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Won't Sleep? No Stereo or TV

Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
So, the last time I had this problem in another save, we concluded that it was music being played on a stereo.
However, this time, there is no stereo or television in the house and my other sim is able to sleep without any problems on the same bed.
I've tried resetting her, I've tried getting her to fill some other "lower" needs, nothing else seems to work. I don't want her to die from exhaustion!
Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have had this bug sometimes, restarting the game fixes it.

I am not sure what's causing it, I saw that my sim had a 24 hour no sleep hidden buff so I'm not sure if that's the cause. I reported it on Answer HQ.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I have had this bug sometimes, restarting the game fixes it.

I am not sure what's causing it, I saw that my sim had a 24 hour no sleep hidden buff so I'm not sure if that's the cause. I reported it on Answer HQ.

I did use a cheat to check her moodlets and nothing seemed to be getting in the way. I quit the game and I'll try re-starting to see if that fixes it
    O(≧▽≦)O

• CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    A few questions. What actually happens if you send your sim to bed? Is it a double bed? Are the sides assigned? Does your sim complain about not walking to the bed?

Some more questions.

Was your sim able to go to bed before? Have you tried placing a second bed in a different location? Was the house downloaded from the gallery? Have you recently placed any furniture or wall items near the bed? Did you use the move objects cheat recently?
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Does your Sim have ear buds?
    A few questions. What actually happens if you send your sim to bed? Is it a double bed? Are the sides assigned? Does your sim complain about not walking to the bed?

Some more questions.

Was your sim able to go to bed before? Have you tried placing a second bed in a different location? Was the house downloaded from the gallery? Have you recently placed any furniture or wall items near the bed? Did you use the move objects cheat recently?

Yes, my sim was able to use it before. She gets in bed, lays down for a few moments, sleeps for a few seconds (real time), then gets back up before her sleep meter goes back to green. Yes, but she was using her side of the bed. I believe it's a house downloaded from the gallery.
    The problem was fixed after a restart!
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited August 2020
    @CorkysPetals @Missmagoo2 I had that problem. An NPC family of individual townies I combined into a family of sorts. I was playing and working on then today before releasing them back into 'not in world' NPC. Anyways, I built a tiny house to have them do their stuff as I playtested them and tweaked them, as well as test the house. The double beds I was having problems with. I thought I had it too close to a wall, a chair or desk in the way, etc. Kept rearranging the rooms. Turns out that some sims wont share a bed with others, haha! (Or even share a tent) Like a "good" trait man, wouldn't share the bed with his "evil" sister-in-law. :D

So I just got rid of the double and put in two singles. Problem solved. Everyone can take turns sleeping on a bed now. Takes up exactly the same amount of space too.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Turns out that some sims wont share a bed with others, haha! (Or even share a tent) Like a "good" trait man, wouldn't share the bed with his "evil" sister-in-law. :D

I think two sims have to be good friends before they share a bed or a tent.

• PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Some of my sims have also been passing out because they simply won't stay in bed. Their energy is constantly in red cos they don't wanna sleep anywhere else other than the floors... My sims also have a similar problem with yoga mats where they literally stop after about 10 seconds, do a ''take a picture with phone'' animation and walk away :'D
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Turns out that some sims wont share a bed with others, haha! (Or even share a tent) Like a "good" trait man, wouldn't share the bed with his "evil" sister-in-law. :D

I think two sims have to be good friends before they share a bed or a tent.

Yes. That's what I assumed also. So I 'cheated' their friendship up to max to test that. Still wouldn't share the bed though. heh!
    I'm guessing conflicting personality or traits.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I had this happen in my game, I had to take the bed into household inventory, save game then put it back to fix it. It happened in a couple different households.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    sunblond wrote: »
    I had this happen in my game, I had to take the bed into household inventory, save game then put it back to fix it. It happened in a couple different households.

I'll have to try that, next. It happened again with another family I'm rotating with. The couple is married and have great relationships with each other! I don't know why they'd keep waking themselves up. :(
    O(≧▽≦)O

Some of my sims have also been passing out because they simply won't stay in bed. Their energy is constantly in red cos they don't wanna sleep anywhere else other than the floors... My sims also have a similar problem with yoga mats where they literally stop after about 10 seconds, do a ''take a picture with phone'' animation and walk away :'D

I use a lot of mods, so it's hard to tell if the glitch is from something I've downloaded or something on EA's end. Are you using any mods? If yes, maybe we could find what we have in common! lol
    O(≧▽≦)O