The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The game is super buggy... Will that stop you from buying Nifty Knitting?

I'm curious... Is anyone who is experiencing a ton of bugs in the game right now still going to buy the new Nifty Knitting pack when it's released next week?

Are you going to wait for bug fixes before you do?

Are you just one of the lucky few whose game plays flawlessly?

Were you never interested in this Nifty Knitting pack to begin with?

Let us know!

The game is super buggy... Will that stop you from buying Nifty Knitting? 159 votes

I experience many bugs, but I will be buying Nifty Knitting next week.
14%
Kita5399alexspoom13IceyJOmri147SimpatsyannAuroraBoreallisANNETTE1951alanmichael1pajamajam07AnnLee87MaggieMarleyRedShoe7j1z1ChazzzyNindigoCheekyimpBobisbaeSharoniaRouensimsKimmer 23 votes
I experience many bugs, but I will be buying Nifty Knitting anyway just NOT immediately on release day.
17%
purplereignCamkatimhappyMimibelleMariefoxprice83Paigeisin5freindlyloltaydevbixtersScobreFaberriesMDianaSimsmustenicalipossBabySquareHopeyStarrmikamakimonbirdonawirelogionTodiloo 28 votes
I experience many bugs and will NOT be buying Nifty Knitting UNTIL they're fixed.
15%
winkeljohn78Erja888CharlLouKhrisstyneDragonAge_300905mikawaggraventheThenyoukissmetexxx78LyrieadduapinaRyanSSealeypandie00Simmer_chiyenZiafarTamakiSakura84JustinMareahthenightcourtsmurfy77 25 votes
I experience little to no bugs and will be buying Nifty Knitting.
34%
Bluegayleauroraael14bshag4lvSara1010PGalacticGalIcewolfmcruddIsb917StrangerthanbabajayneMizz_Triceyelanorbretonsimgirl1010friendlysimmersJestTrukatandmaristilljustme2RamblineRoseduhboy2u2fallenangel66 55 votes
I experience little to no bugs and will NOT be buying Nifty Knitting.
4%
haneulQueenMercysillyangel0906EnkiSchmidtOldeseadoggeFlapCatTwo 7 votes
I never wanted Nifty Knitting to begin with and will not be purchasing it regardless.
13%
Colorist40rhaliusdrake_mccartyfruitsbasket101sikasika18Alwe1507cheetosash15JoybearrLoriTSpVermilionSphereSimKeatsSo_MoneySimtown15ArzekialStrawberryYogurtZaszAngeliqueAdelaideheyrobertom4rta1985Nate_Whiplash1 21 votes

Comments

• adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I experience many bugs and will NOT be buying Nifty Knitting UNTIL they're fixed.
    It isn't going to be easy but I'm starting to get really fed up with this strategy of focusing only on new releases and/or related issues. It doesn't matter that Movie Hangout came out ~4yrs ago : I still want to play with it. I still want it fixed and as a customer I feel that that's the least I can expect.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I experience many bugs, but I will be buying Nifty Knitting anyway just NOT immediately on release day.
    Well......I kind of have to playtest the content in order to report the bugs, so yep, will play it to find the bugs that are attracted to me like moths to a flame. Part of my hobby job, but yes because I have a real job too, I won't be playing right away.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    So.. I think I’ll buy it on release, probably??
    I do have a lot of bugs, most of them I can workaround/mod out. If it wasn’t a $10 stuff pack I might wait longer, but it’s equal to what I spend on coffee every weekend. Honestly this is the first time I’ve actually questioned it at all, I love release day normally. It’s really hard, I’m so looking forward to this pack and it’s features, but the bugs are so bad. Ultimately I know I’ll cave and get it, then just be somewhat annoyed waiting for another patch. It’s the circle of the Sims..
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    I will wait to see how it plays in the youtube Sims 4 players to see when I get the game.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I experience a moderate amount of bugs and will be purchasing the pack when it can be bundled with Eco Lifestyle and the upcoming Game Pack.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm buying strictly cause of 'Rona.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    I am luck in not experiencing a lot of the bugs that are mentioned on the forums. I have had a few, but none so far are game breaking. I won't be getting it on release however, have to wait until I have the funds available unfortunately.
  • ChatsaChatsa Posts: 13 New Member
    I’m in luck. I have only experienced a few amount of bugs (like 1 or 2) and neither of them were game breaking ones. I doubt I will purchase on release tho. Probably gonna wait for it become on sale
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited July 2020
    I never wanted Nifty Knitting to begin with and will not be purchasing it regardless.
    I haven't updated my game in months now to avoid the bugs that were introduced with pre Eco Lifestyle patch, so I wouldn't be able to get Nifty Knitting even if I wanted to. My game is running fine as it is, I never cared for firefighters and I have no interest in either of these packs, so why fix something that isn't broken?
    Returning to the topic, I fear that my days as an Sims 4 player are coming to an end, as it's been nearly a year now since I was actually looking forward to an upcoming pack. This is no longer what made me love the game to begin with.
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Now that they fixed cats & dogs I'm ready to see my Sim kitties playing with yarn. <3
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My answer isn't really on here. I haven't experienced many bugs at all but I haven't had a chance to play in a few month due to coronavirus lock downs (I mostly play in my down time at work but I'm not working atm). I can't wait to get back to the game and I hope the current bugs I've heard about are fixed before I do haha. I'm for sure going to get the pack but since I am not playing right now anyways I might as well wait until I can again since I have no idea how long that'll be at this point and who knows, maybe there will be a new game pack or expansion announcement by then and I can bundle them.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    The game is quite glitchy at the moment, but nothing really serious.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    I don't really mind most of the bugs I have at the moment. They're annoying but not game breaking. I will be waiting a while before getting the pack though, purely because I don't want Nifty Knitting to bring me any potentially worse bugs or just mess up my game in general.
    banner.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited July 2020
    If they are not going to test it for a couple of hours and check if the main features are working as it should, then it's not worth the trouble to buy it on release day. I would rather wait until I can see the reports on Answer HQ before buying it. And either try to play the pack with mods, or just wait until they have fixed their bugs with it.

For all we know, Maxis could have added features in this pack that will be really annoying, unbalanced or break something else in your game and I am tired of having to deal with it.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I can't lie to myself, I probably will get it on release despite the bugs, I just mostly create Sims and I'm excited for all the new socks :lol:
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Some of the bugs I actually do experience really don't have anything to do with Nifty Knitting, and have more to do with over-active NAPs that aren't currently "installed" in my neighborhoods (I'm looking at you white cakes!) I've wanted something low impact for my older sims to do for years now, and while I don't think knitting is just for elders, I'm excited to have something for them to do in their golden years.

I will buy it regardless of bugs. They'll eventually either get fixed or made tolerable. I just don't know when.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'm more than happy to wait until NK is said to be relatively bug free before I add it to my library. If Plopsy turns out to be buggy I'll wait until it's fixed, then purchase the pack. Yesterday's patch nuked the one bug that bugged me the most, so I'm good on needing new content for the time being. And as @logion stated, there is no way to know if the new features in NK might bork something from another pack. Just did that with EL and it isn't something I want to go through again this soon, with yet another pack. I'll buy it eventually, but not now. My game has calmed down and my pets and gardens are doing okay so I'm going to enjoy playing rather than pulling my hair out in frustration while looking for workarounds or mods.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It won't stop me buying it as I wasn't gonna buy it anyway ;)
  • KaylaxCapersKaylaxCapers Posts: 69 Member
    I will buy it, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as far as bugs goes - it must be so frustrating so I empathise :/
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I have barely anything wrong with gardening and I have none of the NAP nonsense in my libertarian game. I’ve been looking forward to adding knitting as a real life knitter myself. I’ll get the pack right away.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I experience little to no bugs and will NOT be buying Nifty Knitting.
    I don't have many bugs and I want to keep it that way so I won't get the pack until I know it's stable.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    It won't stop me buying it as I wasn't gonna buy it anyway ;)

There’s an option for that ;)
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Fortunately I have no bugs that make the game unplayable.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I was on the fence about my decision to buy the pack, because mainly knitting was not a huge deal for me, I am glad others had gotten something they had really wanted. Then I had thought I could still try it ( I have never not gotten a pack before so it bothers me not getting it right away like I usually do) and Plopsy might be a cool feature to use, then caught on to the knitting idea a bit more, I don't usually age my sims but I think it would be cool to try out and I always like having options in my game, perhaps it would make me go out of my comfort zone and make different sims and different homes and different stories, so I decided I would buy it after all. I have since, after the update, decided I would wait to buy it, I really want to see what other bugs they are able to take care of. My vampires already don't even act like Vampires anymore and I always make my sims be one, maybe a spellcaster first but then always a vampire so if I do turn aging on they will live forever and turn their closest friends with them. I know that its most unlikely, or maybe not even as possible, to fix all the bugs that are in the game, but I want to at least wait a bit because there will always be some with a pack when it is released and with there already being so many,hopefully those will be addressed or taken care of, hoping they will at least tell us if they cant fix certain ones, its better to hear that at least they are listening instead of not knowing or thinking they just are ignoring them.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I have probably small to moderate amount of glitches, but nothing so earth shaking that breaks the game. I have many mods to take care of some of the mistakes but the bane of my existence is the original jump bug from the base game. It totally borked a save as the poor sim couldn't even sit down to eat...after many attempts I finally just deleted him. Thankfully that's the only save that has been bad so I guess I can count myself lucky I don't have some of the worst ones. Good luck to you guys!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.