Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cat Cafe

I was just wondering if it's possible to make a cat cafe in the game. I love the one that's local to me and haven't been able to go for a while, for obvious reasons. However, I don't currently own Dine Out because it's said to be so buggy, and I know that when I made a bakery I couldn't get sims to eat the products whilst in store. :(

I own all EPs except Eco-Living and all GPs except for Dine Out, plus a few stuff packs.
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    You could make a cafe that welcomes cats, with lot type cafe and cats welcome trait.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yeah, that is what I was thinking. It wouldn't be the same but it seems like the best option.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Cafe lot type is from Get Together, I believe. And Restaurants can't be Cat Hangouts anyway (I remember trying to change the one bar in Brindleton Bay to a restaurant and I had to pull that lot trait.)
  • Options
    Yeah, I love Get Together and couldn't play without it now. I was just wondering if Dine Out's restaurants had functions that the cafes didn't. Hmm, I wonder if I could make a cafe with an apartment on top so a human could live there with their cats. I suppose they couldn't run it as a business though.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Yeah, I love Get Together and couldn't play without it now. I was just wondering if Dine Out's restaurants had functions that the cafes didn't. Hmm, I wonder if I could make a cafe with an apartment on top so a human could live there with their cats. I suppose they couldn't run it as a business though.

yea it wouldn't make much sense. You couldn't get customers. I wonder if you did that though and was able to hire a barista from the coffee bar and invited bunch sims over?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Someone posted a mod on modthesims a few days ago to let you work as a barista from home.

https://modthesims.info/d/644745/barista-career-rubi-s-quot-work-from-home-quot-career-mods.html
  • Options
    aaronrulz wrote: »

yea it wouldn't make much sense. You couldn't get customers. I wonder if you did that though and was able to hire a barista from the coffee bar and invited bunch sims over?

I might try that.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

I might try that.

another idea...since you have Get Together you could also have a coffee club meet at your house and have one of the activities to drink coffee.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes just use the cat friendly lot. I made a cat cafe but as a warning a lot of sick stray cats turn up. I imagine the same would be for a dog cafe too
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
  • Options
    Cherrybug90Cherrybug90 Posts: 75 Member
    What I had planned to do make it a cafe, with a home on top. 1 sim and a bunch of cats that lived together. :)
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I just added the cat friendly and cat hangout lot traits to a cafe and it worked great. Lots of cute cats showed up, some of them took a nap on the table or jumped on the counters. It was pretty cute! But yes some of them were sick so i am gonna try and see if a mod solves this.
  • Options
    What I had planned to do make it a cafe, with a home on top. 1 sim and a bunch of cats that lived together. :)

I decided to try that but I couldn't find a way for the pet cats to live in the apartment above the cafe once I locked the doors to keep visitors out.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

I decided to try that but I couldn't find a way for the pet cats to live in the apartment above the cafe once I locked the doors to keep visitors out.

Cat's can use those "dog doors" too can't they? Instead of the people doors.

(I made this as a funny caption, but the "dog door" is behind the cat.)

0u9Bfv6.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

I don't do it that way. eg: Father Winter has bought many get well treats from the Vets and gives them to any sick cats & dogs that visit his lot in Windenberg. He fills food bowls in an open shelter, rather like a bus shelter, on the corner in front of his garden. Sometimes he gives them treats to befriend them. It seems to work.

I've locked the garden gates and doors though so they don't come inside his garden!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

Cat's can use those "dog doors" too can't they? Instead of the people doors.

(I made this as a funny caption, but the "dog door" is behind the cat.)

0u9Bfv6.png

I completely forgot that those doors exist. Oops! Now I feel silly because my back door has had a cat flap for 14 years...
  • Options
    I completely forgot that those doors exist. Oops! Now I feel silly because my back door has had a cat flap for 14 years...

No worries. ;)

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Such a lovely idea and good suggestions! I have to try to make one in my game too :smile: I might go with a sim who has cats and has their home as a club hangout.
  • Options
    I'm playing a different household in the save I placed the cafe in. I'll have to send a sim and see what happens, whether I can interact with any cats.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Update - I sent my sim there on a date with his mistress (he also has a wife!) and some cats did show up at the cafe!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Update - I sent my sim there on a date with his mistress (he also has a wife!) and some cats did show up at the cafe!

I want to see screenshots! :tongue:
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options

I'll try and do that the next time I play. I think they were mostly just random cats when I played a household that wasn't the sim who is supposed to "live" there with her own cats.
  • Options

I'll try and do that the next time I play. I think they were mostly just random cats when I played a household that wasn't the sim who is supposed to "live" there with her own cats.

I'm also curious to see your building. An interesting idea that I may use now.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    edited July 2020

I'm also curious to see your building. An interesting idea that I may use now.

I searched for cat cafe on the gallery then built an apartment for that particular sim which was attached to the cafe building. I had a different idea that I am currently playing out at the moment though. I definitely want to spent more time on that theme in future though.

To be honest, what with winning the knitting pack in a giveaway, I forgot that I am supposed to be visiting that lot for screenshots :(
  • Options

To be honest, what with winning the knitting pack in a giveaway, I forgot that I am supposed to be visiting that lot for screenshots :(

Hey that's AWESOME! Congrats! Enjoy the Knitting. The cats can wait, heh heh! :)

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png