Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could ask for Eco Living bug Fixes

wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
If you could ask for specific bug fixes for the expansion pack..and you can only ask for five fixes ..what would you ask for? *Please note that I have not purchased this expansion pack as yet because of the bugs I have seen others post about ..but here would be my requests. Bug fix number one. Please fix it so the npc characters do not pick up items or spawn items in their inventories and this would include the sims who are playable but not your household. ........Bug fix number 2. Please fix pets who disappear so it stops happening. 3. Please stop sims from taking things period during sharing is caring ...it creates problems everywhere in the game..coffee shops ...retail businesses ..vet clinics etc. 4. Please stop cakes from being left everywhere. 5. please fix gardening so the plants do not go back to seedlings or other states

Comments

• simMirsimMir Posts: 10 New Member
    A toggle to turn the whole N.A.P system off would be a nice temporary fix and also a good forever change.

A few of those plans are nice, but way too many are in the absurdist universe and I'd still hate them if they made Sims react less badly on them. The idea is nice but the design is terrible. There is no way every single Sim would react identical on a plan, like a horde of zombies. That's neither realistic nor fun.

Right now you have stealing zombie hordes, sex zombie hordes, obsessive baking zombie hordes and zombified plants.

/I really hate zombies and it takes the lack of personality in an even worse direction
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    @simMir it would be nice I would agree if the N.A.P could be turned completely off...there is a lot with this expansion pack that I would love to have in my game...the clothes are nice ...some impressive hairs...the build/buy is really nice ...some of those woods are hard for me to resist and then there is candle making. I would love it if turning off naps completely was an option...it is a feature that I can live without that is for sure
  • KcfoxdjKcfoxdj Posts: 2 New Member
    1. sim gets stuck in the bathroom and I have to delete the door and put a new one so they can get out.
    2. guests come over and bake like 9 cakes in a row
    3. I load my game and a few household items are missing (counters, stools, etc)
    4. sims don't perform all the tasks I assign to them.
    5. the tables for selling items don't let me stock them for the community sale
    6. I have to re-meet people that I've already met and talked to in previous sessions
    7. I don't know if its me but the rain water collector doesn't seem to work
  • KcfoxdjKcfoxdj Posts: 2 New Member
    also, I guess the yoga mat prevents my sim from walking over or around it like they were able to before
    kcfoxdj...i think if you go to game options and turn off n.a.ps then the sims no longer vote to change them but your sim can so you can have only those n.a.ps you want and choose ones other then the food one for example and then i think you don't have the cake issue anymore. sharing is caring causes things to disappear from your home lot and your community lots ...it is a little dent this i know but if you have the expansion pack and want some what better playing experience that could help. anyone else have ideas?
  • ttttttfanmanttttttfanman Posts: 53 Member
    My mouse freezing after a few hours of gameplay. I restart the game and works for a few hours and it dose it again. Anyone else having this issues?
    as far as the freezing mouse issue ..i don't have eco living but i have heard some say the game freezes on occasion for them ..that can be an iffy bug and maybe i would go to ea headquarters to see if that is on the bug list for this expansion pack and if so you can select ..the me too...option to add to the numbers of folks with that issue.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    They may not necessarily be EL exclusive, but my number one thing is that I wanted my locked doors to work again. Preknitting patch, it would work a while and had to be redone. Now the option to mark certain Sims allowed through doors is not working.

Then I would like gardening patched (I am not feeling it like others, but it is annoying). I would also like the bug farms balanced (saw no mention of them in the patch notes).

Also, since the knitting patch when I merge families from my library the assets go into the negatives for some reason. I have been dealing with this, though. I just have to be careful of softlocking new games.

Anything else that can be smoothed out would be appreciated, too.
  • zokliozoklio Posts: 40 Member
    My sim keeps stopping whatever he's doing (painting, programming, and even working out!) to stretch or do push up. There used to be a work out N.A.P (not even in his neighborhood) that I've already repealed. Alas he still keep on stretching and doing push up. I would love this to be fix :'(
    Calico45....I have not heard about the door locking issue but would think this would be on the popular bug fix requests if other folks have that one too....would be interesting to see if other folks pop in to comment on that.
    Zoklio...i think if we could just disable the n.a.ps completely it would resolve many issues such as the one you commented on...i know that is a huge part of the eco living expansion pack but the ability to turn it all off would seem an easier fix rather then attempting to fix each separate issue folks are experiencing ...wonder how folks would feel about that?