Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No dumpsters in Grims Quarry?

KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
My Sims just moved from Port Promise to Grims Quarry (Rockridge Springs lot) and I really like the look of the neighborhood, but I can't find any dumpsters in there. My male Sim is a freegan and he's been tense the whole time because he doesn't want to earn money and I gave him a career anyway. Now he can't even dumpster dive anymore, poor thing, I've ruined his whole life. :s
I've made him travel back to Port Promise several times, but the dumpster is always empty. Same with the other places with dumpsters.

Has any of you played on Rockridge Springs lot or Grims Quarry in general? How do you dumpster dive in there? How do you dumpster dive anywhere when the dumpsters are all empty all the time? Is it even possible?

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    The only dumpster in Grim’s Quarry is on the community lot. You can dive in the dumpsters in other neighborhoods but you have to hangout for about 2 sim hours before the dumpsters spawn trash, the same goes for the neighborhood you live in. For example in Grim’s Quarry when you arrive at the community lot you will have to hang out there for 2 in game hours before trash spawns in the dumpster. Also, a little tip, you can rummage through the trash cans on most lots now too. You can rummage through the stone trash can at the community lot in GQ immediately upon arriving, there is a cool off period after though. Also when the dumpsters have the strings of toilet paper hanging out from underneath the lid once trash spawns, that’s when they’re really full and you’re chances of getting big ticket items is the highest.
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Quit his job and buy a dumpster outside a shipping container home. That’ll make his life🤣 I don’t have Eco Living Lifestyle, whatever it’s name is, so I only known what I’ve seen o YouTube , sorryyyy
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Pamtastic72 Thanks for the tips. They were very helpful. :)
    I have to try to hangout by the dumpsters longer. I guess I can put some community lot on their old lot in Port Promise, so they can entertain themselves while waiting.

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I used twistedmex T.O.O.L. mod to add a dumpster to the neighbourhood near the community board. It seemed like an oversight that there isn't one.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Just add more dumpsters and recycling stations to the community lot in build mode. I haven't decided which type of community space I want there so I just keep the lot as a landfill lot. I even added a couple of food stalls in case my Sims get hungry, showers in the bathrooms and a couple picnic tables. In my Rags to Riches save it has come in handy with the showers, plus my Sim usually finds enough money to buy himself a meal before heading back to his lot where he has a tent to sleep in.