Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story

Comments

• Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited March 2021
    @bekkasan
    Without even starting to read, have to mention how brilliant that opening picture is.
    Layla is a wonderful creation, like her a lot. Sad that the spell will soon consume her (in case there will not be a counter curse, spell or something)
    Lovely setup for the meditation
    O tragic – really hope she will come back.
    Hard for me to draw anything specific out of either of the prophecies
    Glad that Emmaline believes she can help Layla.
    We started with one hard puzzle, now we got one more, not much closer to solving the first.
    Can wait for the next update
    Gameplay wise very impressed with that you did here, must have been a sh..sorry truckload of hours, pulling of this episode.
    As always brilliant detailed pictures, far from the most important shot story wise but love the expression of Rebecca at the penultimate picture.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Awww, thank you! :heart: I really had fun playing and writing this chapter. I'm looking forward to playing the next part too! Thanks for all your comments. They mean so much to me. :smiley:
    hehe, yes she full named him! She was not a happy camper. :s
    I didn't want to reveal too much but the answer is in the prophecy.
    It was really fun writing it and trying to make it as obscure and strange sounding as possible. :grin:
    Jamie will have a talk with Layla later about his prophecy.
    I think that cat is one of @Charlottesmom's patterns
    Yep, gonna be a fast trip.

@DivaDoodle Thank you! I love you thought they were fantastic updates. :heart: I had so much fun playing and writing these.
    hehe, the pic of Damien was a trick with nraas animator. I think I picked a grumpy looping and just paused at the right time. B)
    I would so love some of that elven jewelry too! It looks so pretty. :smiley:
    Apparantly, according to Layla he is not supposed to have one. I think she is interpreting her prophecy wrong.
    I know, poor Damien just got used to ghosts in the house. He is really being patient with all the occult stuff.
    I love how positive Jamie is. He is not gonna let a little thing like prophecy take away Bekka.
    I swear I don't think I've ever seen that expression on a call before. I snapped that c button just in time!

@deafsimmer Hey! It is taking a long time isn't it? :smiley: Thanks so much for reading and commenting. I'm glad to know you are still reading it.
  • Options

@Tamijo I'm so sorry I missed your comment! :# Glad you mentioned it over on the other thread. :heart:
    Thank you so much for the compliment on the opening picture. I do enjoy looking around the worlds at the scenes. The worlds are so amazing and deserve to be highlighted as well as our sims. :smiley:
    Layla was fun to create. I had this image in my head and I think she is pretty close. I actually have not aged her down so have no clue how she will look if they are able to save her. :grin:
    I do love adding more puzzles for my sims to solve. I've always read a lot of mysteries, adventure style stories, sci fi and fantasy and love the ones that keep you on your toes until the very end. I try not to peek at the last chapter either! lol
    Bekka really surprised me with that picture. I've actually never noticed or caught that particular expression before so vivid and happy she was.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @bekkasan

I now finished my exam so got time to comment.
    sorry, they could not revive Mary this time, but hope they will soon.
    I cant wait to see what she look like as a living person none ghost.
    Great update.
  • Options

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for reading and commenting! :smiley::heart:
    She is really pretty. You can kinda of see her in the mirror picture I took before their wedding.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Layla's eyes are very pretty. Love the color! Love how the story is progressing. (I do generally stay caught up on your story. I just don't log in that much.)
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : great new chapters!
    I like how Jamie´s and Bekka´s relationship grows now, it´s faster, what I really appreciate! :D;)
    Thank you for so many awakening Jamie pics! He looks good in his sleepwear! o:)
    I hope Emmaline can help Layla to get rid off this curse, Layla looks beautiful, even in her old age!!!! Her eyes are so gorgeous!!!
    I like the two prophecies, although I have the suspicion that Damien and Jamie think that Mary´s is easy to interpret, there are so many hints of getting it wrong easily! :o
    As far as I read and try to get a solve in Jamie´s prophecy: it seems as if he is a very old soul, reborn in Jamie´s body, somehow mixed with him. A soul that is an empath and who helped so many people in his past.
    I really hope his reward will be Bekka, it could be just a peaceful death.... But because I know you don´t like your Sims to suffer too much I just hope that there will be a happy end for Jamie! B)
  • Options

@ciane Thanks for commenting and letting me know you are enjoying the story. I definitely wanted those eyes to be special so I'm glad you liked them. :smiley:

@AlexaKry I'm glad to see you were able to catch up! :heart: I knew you would be happy to see things moving along.
    hehe, glad you like seeing him in the mornings. He doesn't even have bed head! :lol:
    I wanted her eyes to be special so it makes me happy that several of you noticed and commented. :smiley:
    You know me well, my friend. It may take some time with interesting twists but more will be found out.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Plans

Bekka completes the job for Carly who is very happy with her new entertainment area. Carly excitedly tells Bekka she will recommend her to all her friends. Bekka is happy with how things are going in her career with several new job opportunities this week. Her friends and family have rallied around her and forgiven her for her isolation this last year. She will be visiting and helping her new friends this evening. Her heart tightens in eager anticipation thinking about seeing Jamie. She pulls out her list and writes happy...excited on it.
    51110101175_439d7c0b4e_o.jpg

Stopping by the grocery store Bekka picks up food for supper not knowing what they would have on hand. Jamie greets her on the porch with a gentle hug that makes her feel safe, cared for and wanting more. She hugs him back and wonders what he feels as she touches him. He carries her bags into the kitchen and sets them down on the counter. He tells her about the research they are doing trying to find an experienced witch so she shoos him out of the room and he goes back to work.
    51109322196_78929f45aa_o.jpg
    51110101125_011a3108c8_o.jpg

She looks around the kitchen and wishes the modern appliances had arrived. She does not trust this old oven and does not want to burn the meal. Bekka unpacks the food and places everything on the cutting board. Using her powers, she prepares the meal the genie way.
    51109071049_392cd8fddc_o.jpg
    51109322126_4a09d3bf78_o.jpg
    51110101035_ac7e0db6b1_o.jpg

Jamie, back in the living room sits down and looks over at Damien. “Have you found anything yet?” he asks.
    “I’ve got one potential match. I’ve sent off an inquiry and hope to receive a response soon.”
    “I will get busy and complete my list.”
    They both get back to working, Damien on his computer and Jamie on his tablet.
    51109322151_bba8cec04c_o.jpg

Watching Layla sleep has allowed Mary too much time to think. The prophecy is strange, and she wonders what in the world it meant. She doesn’t want to get upset thinking about it, so floats to the attic and drags an end table into the room. Mary places the potions on top and hopes that she will be able to persuade Layla to drink them.
    51108753377_0b94652f15_o.jpg

The meal is ready, and Bekka calls everyone to eat. They all enjoy the meal that Bekka prepared. Jamie waves his fork in the air as he talks. “This is delicious Bekka. I don’t know how you coaxed that old stove to not burn the food.”
    Bekka beams with pleasure, but knows she must be honest with him and the others. “Genie magic,” she tells the group. “I don’t think even Rachel SimRay could pull off a decent meal out of that oven! The temperature is totally off in the oven. I don’t use my magic to cook at home, but that stove intimidates me. I need to put a rush on the appliance order to get this kitchen in better shape for you."
    51109322106_ba6d6cea69_o.jpg

They finish their meal and Bekka uses her magic to clean the table so they can continue talking without dirty dishes in the way. Damien and Jamie researched all the names and only two out of all the possibilities seem to have the experience needed. Damien has sent an inquiry to one who lives in China. The other is listed as living in Monte Vista and an email was sent as well.
    Mary informs them about Emmaline’s visit and a potential cure for the curse. The elements must be acquired in Shang Simla. “Emmaline said she could make it if we gather what is needed. She supplied me with a list.”

Jamie looks around at the others at the table, his eyes settling on Bekka. “It looks like I’m going to Shang Simla to find the stuff for the potion. Perhaps I can contact the witch while I am there and convince them to help us.
    51109225088_3e2730c7b6_o.jpg

Bekka and Mary talk downstairs while Damien checks his computer for messages. Jamie goes upstairs to check on Layla.
    He watches Layla sleep and is saddened by what he sees. He has known her for a long time but not in a romantic way. He has aided her with clients in the past and she helped him out of a jam a time or two. He doesn’t really consider her a close friend, but he wouldn't wish this curse on even an enemy. One cannot really be friendly with an oracle, or at least this one in particular. She is definitely arrogant and snobbish, difficult to get along with and inclined to think only she knows best.
    51110100880_98236649f8_o.jpg

Damien obtains an answer from the witch in Monte Vista. She will not be available to help with Mary's situation. He hopes the one in China will work out.
    51109070914_f57209809c_o.jpg

Mary asks Bekka to use her magic to get the bird perches out of the attic room so Sherlock will not disturb Layla. “Please transfer them to the master bedroom. Your genie magic must be a real help with your job.”
    “It is!” Bekka agrees. “There are still many things that must be done by hand, but I can move heavy furniture around on my own and not have to hire help.”
    They walk up to the master bedroom, so Bekka can move the bird tree's into the room.
    Sherlock seems happy to have his perch back and squawks and screeches and preens his feathers.
    51108753187_ed73360f6c_o.jpg
    51110100800_365e6b1420_o.jpg

The bird perch suddenly disappears from the room disturbing Jamie's thoughts. He shakes his head wondering if Bekka is using her magic. The other perch disappears as well. Layla stirs on the bed as if the magic stimulated her to wake up. Jamie thinks, Ok, I guess that is a good thing. I need to talk to Layla and let her know what we have found out about the curse.
    51108753132_201ceaa130_o.jpg

Layla sits up and tries to stand. She all but falls down at Jamie’s feet. He grabs her arms to prevent her hitting the floor and encourages her to sit on the bed. She refuses to lie back down. “I will be fine Jamison. I’m never ill! Quit hovering over me.”
    “I bet you have never passed out cold for several hours after a session with the Fates before. If I wasn't hovering, you would be lying on the floor right now.”
    “What! I never!,” she exclaims. “Jamison, you are testing my patience. You must be feverish or ill yourself living in this Fate Forsaken frozen town. I can’t believe I came to this place when I should be discovering a cure for myself, not assisting you. You owe me a considerable debt this time, and you will pay. Now, get out of my way, so I can get out of this place and back to civilization and my search. I’ll have you know..."
    51109224973_51da8a70cb_o.jpg
    51109224933_cd0c699733_o.jpg
    51109321886_b912007b4e_o.jpg

Her words are cut off as Mary bursts into the room followed by Bekka. Mary could hear Layla from the stairwell and she is not happy with her. “You almost died lady! I don’t care who you are, a world renowned oracle, a no talent shill, or the Queen of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸. You almost died! You will lay off arguing with those of us who are only trying to help you. You were out cold, unconscious, not even arousable for the last several hours. Jamie carried your all but lifeless body up here rather than leave you on the cold floor downstairs. We had Emmaline, a healer witch come check on you and you didn’t even rouse during her examination. For the last several hours I've been watching over you. Jamie is making plans to go to China to gather the ingredients needed to remove the curse from you. Emmaline can brew the potion once we provide the ingredients. She left two potions for you to take. One will help strengthen you and the other will slow the aging process so you won’t die before the potion is made. Jamie is the only one here that probably cares whether you live or die. To be honest I don’t really care if you refuse the potions. You are extremely disagreeable, and I won't have you being cross at Jamie when all he is attempting to do is help you! If you want to leave, leave. But, Jamie owes you nothing. He didn't even blink when I told him the ingredients could only be found in Shang Simla. He just made plans to go. I can tell you right now there are not many people in this world that would do that for a friend, let alone for someone as ornery as you are. Jamie will. That's just the way he is. You should be ashamed!"
    Mary snatches a deep breath and looks over at Jamie and notices the look of pride mixed with horror on his face. He hopes Layla's powers are diminished enough so Mary won't be turned into a toad or something worse right in front of their eyes.
    51110100550_816ef7297f_o.jpg
    51109070664_b3fd212d9d_o.jpg
    Post edited by bekkasan on
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : finally an update! And a really great one!!
    It is so heart-opening seeing Bekka in such a good state, thinking of all the people she is dearly loved by!
    I hope for her that she soon will be able to touch Jamie without his clothes on! o:) Must be an even better feeling than the hug on the porch...
    Isn´t it wonderful to have a genie prepare a perfect meal for you? (It´s very handy in having a genie in the house, every good household should have one!) :p

Oh Mary, you are such a wonderful friend and such a wonderful person!!!! <3 Standing the ground for Jamie against a potential thread and telling Layla all this things!! Damien can be so happy to be married to such an honest and integer woman! I loooove her speech!!!!

I hope that Layla isn´t too angry about Mary and doesn´t turn her to a toat but takes the potions instead and drinks them! I soo hope she´ll be young again, I really want to see how she looks when younger!!
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited April 2021
    @bekkasan So excited for another chapter in Mary's story! :grin:
    (Sorry I wasn't able to make these comments earlier. We had the family call tonight. :kissing_heart: )
    I'm so happy that Bekka's doing well in her business and it sounds like it's about to boom! :star:
    Lots of positive words she's been writing down lately. <3
    Can't say I blame her for using her powers to cook up the meal properly. :p
    Damien looking all concentrated at his desk there. :love:
    Rachel SimRay! :joy: I love it!
    Yeah they totally need that new stove already. ;)
    Doesn't surprise me that Jamie will be heading to Shang Simla to get the ingredients. I sure hope Layla is appreciative.
    Darn that the witch in Monte Vista isn't able to help Mary. Now they really have to rely on the one in Shang Simla.
    Sherlock seems happy to have his perch back and squawks and screeches and preens his feathers.
    ^The bird lover in me loves this. :blush:<3 I miss having a pet bird...
    Woah, easy there Layla. Geez. :grimace: He's only trying to help. (But I can understand why she'd be feeling so angry and maybe isn't fully meaning to take it out on him and everyone else...Bless her heart.)
    GO MARY! :smiley: TELL IT TO HER! :star: Giving the smackdown! Wow! (Did she call her the Queen of H*** or was it something else? I like gotta know! :p ) That was a lot to say in what seemed like one breath! :lol:;) Someone had to put Layla in her place and it was overdue.
    I know that meant a lot to Jamie for Mary to do that. <3 (Bekka was probably standing there the whole time like, "Oh dayum!" :joy: )
    I'm very curious as to how Layla will respond to that! :grin: More soon please! :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan

I enjoyed this chapter, glad Bekka is doing well and that her
    job is going great ( wish it was as easy finding a job in real life hehe)
    Mary is amazing, glad the woman did not die but yeah Go, Mary!
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@bekkasan
    I like how relaxed everyone is considering the seriousness of the situation, never good to panic, no matter what.
    She used “magic” on the food – not sure I would like to eat that. Does not sound right. Using magic to clean the table is fine though. :p
    Regarding Jamie’s sympathy for the Oracle. We tend to somehow like people a bit more when they are hurt or helpless, which is quite understandable. Anyway, she came to help so he should care for her wellbeing. ;)
    Quite lovely all that “fun” with the genie magic, knowing that it is a game reference.
    Wow what a speech from Mary, and then CUT……sure knows how to keep us patiently waiting for more <3

As always magnificent HQ images to back up the thriller. Great update.

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @AlexaKry I was very happy to see your comments this morning! :smiley: I know it means you are still doing better. I'm very happy for you! :heart: Plus, I love reading your comments and seeing how you feel about my sims!
    I was really ready to get back to Mary's story! It was so nice enjoying my play and writing time and not having to stop and work. :grin:
    Well, I did some housework, but didn't have to leave to make visits and get all dressed up. I wore my PJ's all day Sunday! :lol: Even during online church! :grin:

Yes, Bekka is happy and feeling much more settled in life. She will still have a few visits to the therapist as she still has some lingering issues to deal with.
    I hope for her that she soon will be able to touch Jamie without his clothes on! o:)
    lol...I love that! Maybe, mabye not. :wink:

I agree, having a Genie in the household is terrific. If only their powers included emptying toddler potties! :smirk:
    We all knew Mary had a temper. :grin: Y'all just thought Damien tamed her beast. :lol: I know Jamie is capable of dealing with the likes of Layla but it just seemed the right time in the story for Mary to show her backbone again. :smiley:

When I was writing my story and realized I had too much for it all to go in one update, I was trying to find the perfect place to split it up. LOL I always hated shows that ended on a cliff hanger and had to wait a whole week or even a whole off season to find out what happened. Knock on wood, y'all won't have to wait too long. Part of the next chapter is already written. Just needs fine tuning. Depends on how busy work keeps me, but since I had to shell out $$$ for a new thermostat case and coil last week for my car, I won't be turning down too many visits this week.

@emorrill :smiley::heart: I forgot about the zoom call your family does. I should talk to my brothers and see if they would like to do that. I miss our get togethers so much!
    Thanks so much for taking the time to comment...gosh that was late/early this morning. I was zzzing away! I'm tired just thinking about going to bed that late! I really :love: that you made comments that late, so I could read them this morning.

Bekka is finally on that road to recovery so she is opening herself to happiness.
    I loved that picture of Damien, so intent on his work.
    Mary was toting poor Sherlock in her inventory and he needed to stretch his wings.

I loved letting Mary tell off Layla. That was fun!
    She actually said 'Queen of the d****d. I had to change it twice as it censored it the second time I just wrote part of it. lol I really think some of the censorship is stupid, but I do realize the AI that controls it cannot read context so it is not perfect solution. I'll text it to you if this doesn't work.
    Hopefully will have the next part up in a few days. Depends on work. It is mostly written.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks so much for your comments! :smiley::heart:
    Yes, would be nice if finding a job was that easy for real. I did a few inquiries about jobs and suddenly my inbox is full of job offers. Someone sold my email address! :open_mouth: I'm slowly going through and unsubscribing. Most of them are not even in my field of work. DUH. I will have to admit there are lots of opportunities around here. Especially in restaurants and service industries. They are hiring but can't keep workers because it is easier to not work and get unemployment right now because of covid. Many of the restaurants are only open a few hours a day right now as they can't keep or hire workers. One of the big ones (well established been around for many years) on our little main street posted on Facebook yesterday that none of the cooks showed up so they were limiting and only opening the bar for drinks and snacks.

@Tamijo Thanks so much for commenting on the story! :smiley::heart:
    I think they have all resigned themselves that spring is coming and they can't stop that...or can they? :grin:
    hehe, Genie food is always perfect. They don't even need the ingredients but I thought it was a better picture with the food on the cutting board.
    That is true and Jamie definitely has empathy for those who are hurting.
    I'm hoping to get the next part up today or tomorrow depending on work.
    I always appreciate your comments on the pics. I do love when the pictures and expressions match what I'm telling in the story.

• Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@bekkasan Oh fantastic to see an update from you! I know work has been so busy this last couple months!

''She pulls out her list and writes happy...excited on it.'' me too because I am reading it right now!

awww, does she reallly wonder how Jamie feels? She has a tiny bit of an inkling though, right? <3

YES! I get to see her prepare a meal the Genie way! :) yum yum!

Rachel SimRay :)

I love that Bekka is using her genie magic in front of all of us! it is so cool! and everyone acts like it's a normal ting! Love it!

Jamie is kind being saddened by looking at the Oracle.

wow the Oracle is pretty nasty when she opens her mouth and speaks! poor Jamie!

YAY! Go Mary!!!! You tell her! Brava!!

Wonderful update! I hope dear Jamie will be OK in Shang Simla!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @DivaDoodle Thank you for the comments! I so appreciate them. :smiley:
    Yes, work has been busy but was so happy to be off this past weekend.
    I love you are happy and excited along with Bekka! You made my evening reading that! :heart:
    Yep, I think she knows that Jamie is totally entranced by her. She's just a little bit scared still.
    I just love that Genies can make food so easily. She likes to cook though and finds it relaxing to do it the human way. ( I don't, I hate cooking )
    Jamie is such a sweetie! I love him!
    I love Mary too! She really gave her what for!
    I hope Jamie will have a quick trip there and back!

@DeafSimmer Thank you! Hope you enjoyed it. Will be another one sooner this time. :grin:
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Dreams

Layla never loses the fire in her brilliant eyes as she regards Mary. “I’ll have to say, you have guts ghost girl and apparently are loyal. I’m only temporarily down, and you should remember that. Conceivably there is a reason the Fates kept you tied to winter. We will explore this once I am better.” She grudgingly admits to them, “I suppose I should have permitted Jamison to explain rather than jumping down his throat.”
    51109070639_dca64c74c7_o.jpg

Layla turns to Jamie and scowls as if she has been eating lemons. “I expect I owe you thanks because you are going to Shang Simla to collect what is needed to restore me, so thank you.” As disagreeable as it must be to her she also apologizes to Jamie for not believing him and allowing him to explain. “How did you discover a cure so quickly? I’ve been asking for weeks, and no one knows anything.”

Jamie happily realizes Layla is not going to strike Mary down and replies to her question. “This may be a harsh and frozen town in the dead of winter, but it is not a backwards town. There is a large scientific and occult community here that works together rather than tear each other apart. Emmaline is a trained healer and knew of a cure once we told her about the curse."
    He shrugs his shoulders and pierces her with a direct gaze. "I'm guessing you did not ask the right people when you started your search. Or, perhaps you crossed those people in the past and they didn’t want to aid you. You know the saying about ‘what goes around, comes around'. Your karma ultimately worked out to your disadvantage."

Layla looks startled at Jamie’s pronouncement as if she had not considered that before.

Bekka grins at Jamie’s response. She didn’t like hearing her town described as Fate forsaken and the implication it was uncivilized.
    Layla looks over at Bekka. “Who are you?
    “Don’t you know?”
    “Obviously not, my powers are not as strong as they should be.”
    “I’m Rebecca Danforth.”
    “Jerich’s Granddaughter?“ Layla looks at her with interest and notices that she has Jerich's eyes and nose.
    “Yes.”
    Layla peers intently at her but shakes her head. “🐸🐸🐸🐸 this weakness. I can’t sense anything. I guess ghost girl and Jamison are right and I need to take these ridiculous potions.”

Jamie and Bekka leave Mary to deal with Layla and the potions. Jamie hugs Mary and whispers, “Be aware, keep your temper and blink out of the room if her eyes start glowing.”
    “Layla, if you’d like to come downstairs later I will assist you."
    Layla nods at him. “I’ll have ghost girl call."
    51109321711_c3c30c50a9_o.jpg

“My name is Mary. You know that.”
    “Yes, I do, but you are a feisty one and Mary seems like a wimpy name to me.”
    “Take your potions, and we will go downstairs and fill you in on everything and find out if Damien got any more information about witches and Shang Simla. I will fix you a plate of food too. You need to eat to regain your strength.”
    Layla dutifully takes the first potion and following the instructions she rests thirty minutes before taking the second.
    51109070604_3047f7f4cd_o.jpg

Damien is still working at his computer, so Jamie and Bekka sit at the bar and talk softly.
    “You know Layla? Jamie asks Bekka, surprised by that possibility.
    “Not really, but I know of her. She was a genie before she became an oracle. She had a relationship of some sort with my Grandfather many years ago. As her powers grew and the gift of prophecy was confirmed she left the community he lived in. I only have vague recollection of her, and that is from my parents talking about family, not from meeting her.
    “Your grandfather? She would have been quite young back then. She normally doesn’t look much older than me. He’s gone now right?
    “Yes, he had passed away before my parents died. You know genies don’t age the same as humans. We are not immortal, but we do live longer lives.
    Jamie grins. “I know better than to ask a lady her age, so I never asked her.”
    Bekka looks over at Jamie. “Very diplomatic I am sure. You’ve never asked me either.”
    Jamie just smiles sheepishly at Bekka. “It doesn’t matter to me what your age is.”
    51109321631_266131af96_o.jpg
    Jamie helps Layla down the winding staircase surprised at how feeble she is. It doesn’t seem the potions did much good.They gather in the living room and sit down.
    Damien has not heard from the witch in Shang Simla. He contacted an acquaintance who is a police officer in Shang Simla. They met at a conference when he was with the police. He confirmed Lee lives in Shang Simla. He generously offered to send word someone was coming for help. Lee apparently preserves the ancient traditions and shies away from technology. Damien reserved a flight for Jamie leaving in a few hours.
    Mary can see Layla is tired. She fixes her a bowl of nourishing soup and coaxes her to eat it. She tells the others they can talk about the prophecy tomorrow after Layla is rested and hopefully stronger.
    51110100405_90ca3fc36e_o.jpg

Jamie assists Layla back upstairs. “I know you are weak and feeling the effects of the curse as well as whatever happened after your meditation. I do hope the potions work and slow the aging down. I need you to understand one thing. I know you, Layla. I’ve seen what you do to those who cross you. If you hurt my friends in any way while I am gone, it will be the last thing you do. I promise you that.
    “Jamie, I know I’ve not always been at my best around you.” She snorts as he boggles at her comment. “Ok, I know I’ve been downright mean and violent at times. I recognize you and your friends are indeed trying to heal me and you have no expectations from me. It is a rarity. Someone always desires something from me."

"I will not hurt your friends. I actually quite like that little Mary. She’s spunky. Rebecca is most likely kin somewhere down the line, so she is safe too. Damien is too handsome and nice to even think about hurting.”

She looks down at her feet and continues. “Jamison, it is strange and perhaps you won’t believe me, but you are like the little brother I never had. One minute I want to smack you around for being so gullible and the next hug you for being who you are and so helpful to others. I never learned how to give freely of myself like you do. When I first met you, I genuinely didn’t think you could be as good as you are. And yet, you’ve never once disappointed me. You have also put up with me a lot longer than anyone else ever has even though you disagree with some of my actions."

Now, get the devil out of here and allow me to get some rest. And, no, I don’t desire one of your hugs.”

Jamie is even more boggled with her comments and wonders just what Emmaline put in those two potions. “Fate be still. Layla, I will never figure you out. But, thank you for telling me you won’t hurt them. They are good people.” He grabs her and hugs her anyway before rushing down to his room to pack.
    51109224598_dc52a7a95f_o.jpg

Jamie throws a few things into a bag and calls a cab. He takes Rebecca home in the cab not wanting her to ride home in the dark by herself. “I’m going to miss you Bekka. I will try to call you, and you can call me if you’d like.”
    Bekka knows she is going to miss Jamie's company. She wishes he didn’t have to go, but he wouldn’t be Jamie if he wasn’t willing to rush off and help Layla. “I will miss you and worry about you as well. Please be careful as you are searching.”
    51109321531_7be741cd0d_o.jpg

She takes his hands as they talk. Squeezing them softly, Bekka tells him to be careful on his trip. She squeezes her eyes tightly together to hold back the tears trying to spill out. Why oh why does she have to cry so easily, she berates herself.
    Jamie notices she is getting a little teary eyed. He doesn’t want her to be sad, but at the same time his heart leaps. He thinks it shows she is caring for him more than as a friend. He wants that so badly. He hopes this is true.
    51109321511_a6e7961cdc_o.jpg

He tries lightening the mood by teasing about placing her in the genie lamp and tossing it into his duffle, so she has to come with him. Instead of laughing, Bekka suddenly reaches out and grabs him, pulling him down to her. She kisses him hard and long, with a sweet passion that makes him wish he was not catching a plane shortly. His heart is soaring with the kiss and he knows leaving her now will be the hardest thing he’s done.
    51109224478_979724f017_o.jpg

https://youtu.be/v_yTphvyiPU

She pulls back from him and ducks her head down afraid to see his face.
    “Bekka, look at me.” he asks her gently. She raises her head, and he has that sweet smile on his face.The one that makes her feel protected and cherished. His eyes shine with desire. She smiles back feeling a little breathless and weak in the knees from the intensity of his gaze and the feelings evoked by the kiss.
    51108752662_df05062b23_o.jpg

Jamie is not ready to lose that closeness with her and he pulls her back into his arms. This time he leads the kiss and can feel her heart racing in response to his kiss. He pours all the love he has been feeling for her into that one kiss. He wants her to feel that kiss even after he is on his way to Shang Simla.
    Bekka’s entire body tingles as he wraps his strong arms around her deepening the kiss. The intensity of his kiss melts her heart and fills her heart and soul with his. Their connection is powerful and time seems to stop. The only sounds in the room are soft moans of delight as they kiss.
    51110100225_2a8a1fbd0f_o.jpg
    51109224423_42f05fbd11_o.jpg

Jamie finally ends the kiss. He holds her face in his hands, so she can’t look away from him.
    “My beautiful Rebecca, I’ve wanted your kisses for such a long time now. You are making it harder to leave kissing me like that.”
    Bekka softly sighs watching Jamie’s eyes light up as he looks at her. “It is hard letting you go feeling like this. I couldn’t let you leave without kissing you, Jamie. In such a short time, you’ve come to mean so much to me.”
    The cabbie toots his horn signalling his impatience to get going. “I will be back before you know it and we will continue this right where we left off," Jamie promises her.
    Jamie takes one last kiss and holds her tightly before rushing out the door to catch his flight.
    51109070204_8c5d416c48_o.jpg
    51113887289_5cd10c1f2c_o.jpg

Bekka relaxes on her bed thinking about Jamie and his kisses. She misses him already. She laughs wondering if it is too soon to call. She picks up her phone and composes a message and as she hits send she receives a text. It is from Jamie. They were both thinking the same thing at the same time. I miss you. I'll see you in my dreams.

She smiles joyously and grabs her journal and looks at the words she wrote earlier today. Happy and excited.That pretty much sums up the entire day. She still feels happy and excited even with a tinge of sadness that Jamie will be gone for a few days. She loves knowing that Jamie has been wanting her kisses for awhile but never pressured her. He waited until she was ready. He sure made her toes curl when they did kiss and is looking forward to more. She falls asleep thinking of Jamie and his kisses with a smile on her face.
    51114212986_395014ddbe_o.jpg
    Post edited by bekkasan on
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited April 2021
    @bekkasan YES! :mrgreen:
    I had a feeling Layla was going to acknowledge Mary's guts in telling her off and not turn her into a toad or something. ;)
    Mary, 1 ; Layla, 0! :joy:
    “This may be a harsh and frozen town in the dead of winter...
    I totally thought he was going to complete that by saying, ...but it's filled with people with warm hearts." :blush: (You know, how we think so much alike and everything. :kissing_heart: )
    He shrugs his shoulders and pierces her with a direct gaze. "I'm guessing you did not ask the right people when you started your search. Or, perhaps you crossed those people in the past and they didn’t want to aid you. You know the saying about ‘what goes around, comes around'. Your karma ultimately worked out to your disadvantage."
    ^Oh snap! :grin:
    So Layla knows Bekka's grandfather? :open_mouth: Interesting... ;)
    Yes, take the potions already you stubborn woman. :p
    Layla calling Mary "Ghost Girl" just cracks me up! :lol:
    “My name is Mary. You know that.”
    “Yes, I do, but you are a feisty one and Mary seems like a wimpy name to me.”
    ^LOLOLOLOL :joy:
    Ahhh I see. I'm sitting here thinking that Layla and Jerich might have been lovers once. :smirk:
    Smart man Jamie is, not asking a woman's age. ;) And aww that Bekka's age doesn't matter to him. <3
    Guess Lee is one that doesn't embrace technology...making it difficult for the rest of us who do. :lol: I'm glad Damien had an acquaintance with an officer out there. :star:
    Mary's kindness and compassion is reflected in her service to Layla. <3
    Yes, you tell her (Layla) Jamie!! :star:
    "I will not hurt your friends. I actually quite like that little Mary. She’s spunky. Rebecca is most likely kin somewhere down the line, so she is safe too. Damien is too handsome and nice to even think about hurting.”
    ^ :lol: That is true. <3 Nice to hear she has no intention of hurting any of them and that deep down she is appreciative.
    Awwwww that was so sweet what Layla told him. <3<3 (And of course she's gotta say something rude to have the last word! :lol: I love her personality! I bet she's been fun to write huh? ;) )
    Bekka knows she is going to miss Jamie's company.
    Yeah...A LOT! :smirk:;):mrgreen:<3
    It's okay to cry sweetie. <3
    Oh that's totally what the crying means Jamie! :mrgreen:<3
    He tries lightening the mood by teasing about placing her in the genie lamp and tossing it into his duffle, so she has to come with him.
    ^Aww, that's adorable. <3<3 I love it!
    :star:YES!!!!!! :star: They kissed!!! <3<3 WOO HOO! (And SHE instigated it. Very nice! :blush: )

tenor.gif

Hold up! (Before I look at and watch the song link) Were you thinking of "God Bless The Broken Road" by Rascal Flats? :mrgreen: If I guessed that correctly I'm gonna feel so freaking awesome! :mrgreen: But I know I'll love whatever the song is. <3

Oh yay! There's more! :smiley: <---My reaction scrolling past the video cause I usually listen to the music last so it doesn't distract me. ;)
    Jamie is not ready to lose that closeness with her and he pulls her back into his arms. This time he leads the kiss and can feel her heart racing in response to his kiss. He pours all the love he has been feeling for her into that one kiss. He wants her to feel that kiss even after he is on his way to Shang Simla.
    Woo! I am loving this! :mrgreen: 🥰
    Their connection is powerful and time seems to stop. The only sounds in the room are soft moans of delight as they kiss.
    ^Heck yeah! ;) Oh my heart is jumping for joy for the both of them! <3
    I don't think I could've let him go without kissing him if I were her either! :smirk:
    Another hot kiss! Wow! This is perfect! :star:
    AWWWWWW his text to her!!! <3<3*blissful sigh*
    Yep. She sees how much respect Jamie has for her - along with his love - and that's just what she needed. <3 (It's what every woman needs from her man in a relationship.)

Dang lady this was SO romantic and absolutely FANTASTIC! :star: I loved every second of it! :kissing_heart:

(Oooh, Lady Antebellum! They have some good ones. 👍 And this one was absolutely fitting! PERFECT! :star:<3
    I totally got goosebumps listening to it and thinking about Jamie and Bekka. I could totally picture this song playing in the background as they kissed and kissed and kissed. <3<3 )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    This was such a good chapter,
    Mary is indeed a feisty one but the name fits her well I think.
    Jamie and Bekka are so cute togheter.
    I hope they find a solution soon.
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@bekkasan Oh my! <3 I LOVE Dreams! such a perfect update! I think we all bow down and Thank you for this! <3

Yes You should have Laila! Jamie does not wrong EVER! unlike You!

''scowls as if she has been eating lemons.'' HHAHAHA

''He shrugs his shoulders and pierces her with a direct gaze. '' *faints* I just love Jamie so much!💋💖💖

''"I'm guessing you did not ask the right people when you started your search. Or, perhaps you crossed those people in the past and they didn’t want to aid you. You know the saying about ‘what goes around, comes around'. Your karma ultimately worked out to your disadvantage."'' Yes! Sell it Jamie! I love how he is not afraid of Layla and will just Tell her! And still, will go to a foreign place to actually AID her!

''Layla looks over at Bekka. “Who are you?
    “Don’t you know?” HAHAHAAHA Bekka!!! I love You!!!

''“Be aware, keep your temper and blink out of the room if her eyes start glowing.”'' I just love how Jamie knows everything!

"Ghost Girl?!!" :o the nerve! :# OK I want them all to leave her old and dying! I've had it with her! But do we still need her for Mary? darnit!

''Jamie just smiles sheepishly at Bekka. “It doesn’t matter to me what your age is.”'' Jamie is sweet, but I know Bekka knows : it's just a number, but Oh the experience and knowledge that comes with the higher numbers! I would never give that up to be younger!

Ah Damien was working all this time in the background! Good man!

''Rebecca is most likely kin somewhere down the line'' :o

<3 How Jamie notices Bekka's teary eyes, and how thinks about it! and his joke saying to put her in a Genie bottle and take her with him! I really really love this guy!💋😍😘 Oh you never guessed that, did you Bekkasan!? ;) 😁

Yes! Akiss! Good Bekka! I am so so glad for you!

Perfect song!

I can barely even read the next, it is so romantic and sexy and sweet in it's intensity!!!
    OK I read it 4 times!

“Bekka, look at me.” he asks her gently.... with that pic! eeeek! dam girl!

''He holds her face in his hands, so she can’t look away from him.'' *faints*

I won't quote all the rest I love and read so many times or it will be copywrite infringement or something!

You, my friend have such a gift! Thank you for writing this!!! It is possibly the most romantic thing I have ever read!!! 💋😍😘💕💖💖💖

It made my day! XOX
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @emorrill hehe, I'm glad you enjoyed the update. :heart: I love your comments. Especially, Mary 1, Layla 0. That made me laugh out loud when I saw it. I was out of time to comment this morning with leaving early for work. But I left in a good mood after reading them.
    I'm glad you cracked up with the 'ghost girl'. I thought it was fun.
    Yep, I kinda think Jerich was a bit of a player. I actually had a bit more written about that but I edited it out as it didn't seem the right place for it.
    lol, yes, Layla is fun to write. I don't want her to get too soft, but I do want her to learn from being cursed that not everyone is out to get her or use her. There are some good folks in the world but it helps if you are good too.
    I knew all along that Bekka would have to instigate the first kiss. Jamie wasn't going to pressure her at all. Of course, now, he can kiss her as much as he wants! ;):p
    I hope you are not disappointed it was not the Rascal Flats song. They are not my favorite band so I don't usually even go looking at their music when I am hunting for a song. If I thought one was perfect I would use it, but I love the Lady A song.

@DeafSimmer Thank you! I'm glad you think so. I do appreciate you reading and commenting too! :smiley: :Heart:

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you! I appreciate you reading and commenting. :smiley::heart:
    I think the name Mary suits her too.
    Spring is coming fast so they better hurry up! :lol:

@DivaDoodle Oh my! I knew Jamie and Bekka fans would love this one. :smiley: It makes me happy seeing all your happy comments about Jamie and yeah, I kinda figured you like him...just a little bit. :heart:
    "Ghost Girl?!!" :o the nerve! :# OK I want them all to leave her old and dying! I've had it with her! But do we still need her for Mary? darnit!
    I totally laughed out loud reading that this evening.
    Thank you so much. You made my evening reading your sweet and kind words. I love romance and I wanted it to be very romantic even if it was a bit rushed for those two. Can you imagine the dreams they are going to have until they see each other again? :grin:

@AlexaKry :heart: I knew you would be happy with the ending. :grin: Finally...hehe. :love: You made me laugh and I hope you are doing well and playing and writing. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the past.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    So glad to see that Layla is expressing her true feelings openly. It's always more enjoyable for me to read a story where we see inside all the characters and know that everyone is evolving and that everyone really does have good within them. Love the way the story is progressing!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top