Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous annoyance

After playing through Get Famous a 2nd time (1st time was when the pack came out), I think my biggest annoyance is when close friends react to a celebrity sim. Ex-Girlfriends, Co-workers, and other celebrities should not be freaking out and fainting. My sim cheated on his ex-girlfriend (Vanessa Jeong) with Judith Ward, why would Vanessa be excited to see him? Their relationship is in red. Also, his co-worker actor...who pretty much does almost every gig with him should not freak out when he sees him in public. They are close friends and hang out together. The same can be said for the crew and producers at the studio, act like professionals, and stop fawning over my actor sim THAT YOU WORK WITH! lol. Ok, I'm done ranting.

Sadly I don't even think it's a bug, I believe this was not considered when the game was developed. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Ugh. I totally agree. I hate when my sims' relatives freak out over them being celebrities. They shouldn't do it if they are friends level or are family.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Ugh. I totally agree. I hate when my sims' relatives freak out over them being celebrities. They shouldn't do it if they are friends level or are family.

Relatives too?? I'm playing a single sim with no relatives so I didn't experience that. How annoying!
  • Aleia1Aleia1 Posts: 68 Member
    Send your celeb sim to a club for the worst experience of all. DJs abandon all professionalism and just stand around gawking for hours, so no one can dance. I can't understand why this hasn't been sorted by now, or at least the gawking period reduced to about half a sim hour from about four. Since a celeb or two *always* show up at clubs, this stupidity has practically broken them now.
    Aleia1 wrote: »
    Send your celeb sim to a club for the worst experience of all. DJs abandon all professionalism and just stand around gawking for hours, so no one can dance. I can't understand why this hasn't been sorted by now, or at least the gawking period reduced to about half a sim hour from about four. Since a celeb or two *always* show up at clubs, this stupidity has practically broken them now.

This happened when I played the first time two years ago but did not happen this second time around. My sim is in a dance club so he goes to nightclubs all the time to dance with his club and the DJ has never stopped. Maybe that will change when he's at level 5 celebrity? Right now he's still in level 4.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited July 2020
    Totally agree. It's a shame really because the pack would actually be a lot better without the overreacting to celebs. They just should have left these animations for randomly spawned fans.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    It's so annoying! It's very short-sighted and that's one of the main problems with these EPs. It feels like the devs aren't considering gameplay longevity, just instant gratification in a new pack. There are too many features building up that get repetitive and irritating.

I really wish there were more serious players on the dev team so they would think of these things.
    #Team Occult
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    "Less Celeb React" is the best mod you can install for this. The devs are unfortunately never going to change this and I am surprised they didn't think of taking it down a notch especially for the vital NPCs like DJs and Mixologists.

Anyway here's the link to the mod, it rarely needs to be updated and helps solve the problem without completely removing the "fans" functionality: https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/werde-beruehmt-get-famous/
    It's the second from the top "lesscelebreact"
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Aleia1Aleia1 Posts: 68 Member
    edited July 2020
    Aaronrulz, glad to hear this infuriating issue hasn't manifested for you yet. It happens with my one and two star celebs all the time. It also happens when my non-celebs go clubbing and Venessa or Izzy or whoever show up there. My workarounds are:
    1) Turn on stereo instead so sims can carry on dancing (but music choice is limited)
    2) Get any sim for whom it's vaguely in character to learn how to DJ, so they can take over (practically all my celebs have 6-plus skill)
    3) Give up and take my sims off to the bar when Venessa or whoever shows up.

SimmerGeorge, thanks for the tip and I hope others see it. I play vanilla myself but it's good you're spreading the word about this helpful mod. I also can't fathom why the devs don't turn up professionalism a notch for DJs and mixologists, although I do find the latter more diligent and my sims do usually manage to get served. But do DJs actually behave like this irl when celebs show up at clubs? Wouldn't they get fired for not playing any music?! Wouldn't any club that stopped playing music for hours at a time so people couldn't dance go out of business??! I Just Don't Get It. I have considered posting on the feedback discussion about this, but like you say the devs are never going to fix this so is there any point.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I think if DJs abandoned their booth when celebs come in, in real life, it would be very, very bad and the celebs would never visit again.

So yeah, this is the worst "feature" of the EP imho, just badly balanced/implemented.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    "Less Celeb React" is the best mod you can install for this. The devs are unfortunately never going to change this and I am surprised they didn't think of taking it down a notch especially for the vital NPCs like DJs and Mixologists.

Anyway here's the link to the mod, it rarely needs to be updated and helps solve the problem without completely removing the "fans" functionality: https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/werde-beruehmt-get-famous/
    It's the second from the top "lesscelebreact"

Unfortunately the whole celebrity situation has to be modded, as suggested, otherwise it is one of the worst features ever added to the game. I also use the mod mentioned above and in addition I have a mod from LittleMsSam called 'Celebs Undercover'. This Mod adds a Lot Trait which keeps fans and paparazzi from entering a lot. These mods have become essential to me and fortunately rarely need updating. There are just places where the insane excitement around celebs doesn't make any sense - I think I started to look for mods after a bunch of Sims fainted at a library because Thorne Bailey showed up - and the way it interferes with gameplay can be infuriating.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    I know it's a pain, but having your celebrity sim wear a disguise stops the reactions. Just wish the disguise was a bit more imaginative, or better yet if the devs would add (but won't) a "celebrity disguise" category in CAS like they added hot & cold weather categories.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I could accept it with just about everyone but family and close relationships. At some point the shimmer wears off, and I could have swore I read somewhere when the pack came out that families and close friends would not act like this. The only thing I find worse is the constant disgust my celebrities feel. Constantly.

I have one family of five star celebs: mother, father, and daughter without fail react in disgust to each other everytime they go anywhere. Come on, if family ties do not get rid of it why doesn't the equal celebrity status at least do it?
  • foxontherun7foxontherun7 Posts: 51 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I could accept it with just about everyone but family and close relationships. At some point the shimmer wears off, and I could have swore I read somewhere when the pack came out that families and close friends would not act like this. The only thing I find worse is the constant disgust my celebrities feel. Constantly.

I have one family of five star celebs: mother, father, and daughter without fail react in disgust to each other every time they go anywhere. Come on, if family ties do not get rid of it why doesn't the equal celebrity status at least do it?

Right? This had been fixed at one point, and is somehow happening again in my game. It really is super annoying! I'd made Sims of my best friend and her husband, who is the celebrity (IRL he's in three local bands). Any time even their beloved family Sim-dog walks in the room, he is disgusted. That's obnoxious. Also, I've met a lot of huge celebs over the years, and they were all very kind and humble for the most part, so I kind of feel like the "disgust" was a somewhat unnecessary feature.
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I always opt out from the fame status because unless your Sim is in the entertainment business, I see no need to be a celebrity.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    They need a way to truely stop the celebrities entirely too. I turned it off. Deleted all the celebrities. Problem solved? No. The game just spawns new NPC's for my sims to not be able to talk to and other sims to fan over. (And I know I deleted all the celebrities so I know I didn't miss any because it was a fresh save and I literally deleted every last sim).
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    edited July 2020
    Something else that is a tad annoying is that your sim can't introduce yourself to another famous person. You'll need to giggle as a fan to get in touch, and with some luck you might get a chance to talk normal. I mean, my 3 stars sim actually should be allowed to befriend a 3 stars college, especially if they are working on the same gig...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Something else that is a tad annoying is that your sim can't introduce yourself to another famous person. You'll need to giggle as a fan to get in touch, and with some luck you might get a chance to talk normal. I mean, my 3 stars sim actually should be allowed to befriend a 3 stars college, especially if they are working on the same gig...

yes! Especially when they have scenes together. My sim is at a 4 star celebrity and can't introduce himself to other celebs. There are just so many issues with this system
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    edited July 2020
    If you aren't opposed to using mods, Road to Fame has a feature that allows you to keep your (famous) Sim from being reacted to, and your celebrity from reacting to other Sims. Me? I only found it annoying when my teen celebrity's younger sister got a tad weird over his fame. It was embarrassing, to say the least and a bit creepy, too. :open_mouth: But, OP, you're right. I think this aspect was baked into the EP. Pity. I like GF way better than ST. The celebrity system (how your Sim attains their status) is far better. They did fall short in the music end of celebrity, which is why I use RTF, since it allows for a singer Sim. That combined with KS Showtime mod, which allows a Sim to gain celebrity a bit faster and I'm in seventh heaven. Only problem is, I wish there was an Award Show for the singers … :'(

buDcNLS.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @GalacticGal you make another good point about the award show. My celebrity CHEF sim won an acting award. Like, really? lol
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    @GalacticGal you make another good point about the award show. My celebrity CHEF sim won an acting award. Like, really? lol

Yeah, I had to have my singer Sim switch to acting after university (he did earn a Fine Arts degree, after all) but yeah. As thrilling as it was to see him accept it, it was empty. Music is his first love. He should win for that.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/