Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids deserve a pack

Comments

• Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I have another idea!
    If they are going to make an add on for a pack like they did with cats & dogs why didn't they just make an expansion just focused on them? Seasons didn't get a world. If you cut out an unnecessary world they could have added the things from my first pet stuff or other pets. EA has potential but they put their resources into the wrong things. As for mermaids, I'm ok with what we have it just needs some tweaks.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Yes !
    I would love for Mermaids to get another lookover and overhaul. They seem so great and fun but they could definitely use a skill tree. They seem to like using the vampire template for most things why not mermaids too?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    No !
    It's called Island Living. It came out in June 2019.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    No !
    I'm not saying no to detract from others who'd like it... its just that I feel like Mermaids already have a pack called Island Living or whatever and I'd love for the sims team to find a new unique life stage to give us that we haven't seen yet.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    No !
    I'm looking for diversity, not the same old occults. Mermaids have red hair, swim about, sing some songs, that looks about right, there's nothing more I expect of them. If they ever make werewolves, I also don't expect them to have depth, because werewolves are for transforming, howling, destroying furniture, attacking people, that's it. There are so many other things to explore, and I would like something we haven't seen before.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Yes !
    If it means actual underwater swimming and exploration, YES. A thousand times YES!
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes !
    I believe they should've been introduced in Island Living AND that they should have been well developed like the witches and vampires. I also believe the aliens should've been well developed and have different traits and aspirations than human sims.

Also, I think this icon icons-680x385.png
    could be a mermaids pack with the three circles being submarines with an underwater house and landscape (or a winter pack).

@GracieO312 yeah, I missed actually being able to go to a dive lot like in TS3 and explore it. And I hate that Island Paradise is the pack that broke TS3 and EA/Maxis never fixed it and released a repaired world for people who invested in that pack to download. But - I'll save those tears, I cried enough about it.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have another idea!
    Nah. How about instead they do the TS4: Hey Look, We Fixed Some Stuff pack.

That’s the one I’d be interested in.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    No !
    They certainly should have made Island Living with underwater scenes for mermaids.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I have another idea!
    I don't think mermaids themselves need a lot of changing (though some more variety in CAS is always nice), but a pack that adds underwater diving like in TS3, makes the water in neighborhoods other than Sulani swimmable, and also adds a couple/few other supernatural types back into the game with some additional gameplay elements for them. I'm thinking werewolves definitely, but I also miss real plantsims, fairies, zombies, and imaginary friends.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I made this when Island Living first came out and it makes me cry everytime I look at it...

BPrPZ0A.jpg

:cry:

Ahhh... the good ol' days. *sniffle*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Yes !
    If we do get a space pack & they revamp aliens then it could be possible we would see something for mermaids in the future. At least underwater adventure to explore
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Yes !
    Justin wrote: »
    If we do get a space pack & they revamp aliens then it could be possible we would see something for mermaids in the future. At least underwater adventure to explore

This is what I am hoping for too! I don't think mermaids need more powers as such but some new tail designs/updated colours (no solid pink tails at all??! What about Barbie mermaids??) would be greatly appreciated. Having mermaids unable to swim underwater (and follow them) is an absolute travesty to me.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    No !
    I would prefer if they updated the current mermaid gameplay, else, it will be another DLC for DLC. We have to remember that, not everyone has all the packs, or at least the IL for the developers to create another pack just focusing on the mermaid only.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have another idea!
    I'm torn, mermaids are my favorite occult after vampires. Should they have a pack dedicated strictly to them? No, we already paid for them with Island Living. However, they should get more CAS, traits, an aspiration or two, an underwater world/lot, a skill tree, and allow them to be divers. All of this should be a free update.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    No !
    i do not want dlc for dlc.

island living was a half baked expansion, i want more for mermaids but it should be a free patch update to the expansion pack.
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    No !
    They should have really taken Mermaids seriously the first time around. I don't support them doing DLC for DLC. Why cant they just do things right the first time?

A lot of us love and enjoy sims 4, but i know the devs see the complaints too. They need to start listening up and making changes.
    edited August 2020
    Yes !
    How would they implement improvement in a free update without it becoming a dlc? They’ve revamped vampires in sims 3 with supernatural and didn’t offer it as a free update . I’m just going based on how they done it in the past. Especially if we do get a space pack & they make updates to aliens . Unless the updates is free then maybe it would be the same in the future for other occult’s. Also, I know some people mentioned to add underwater to island living . But how would that work if the world is already made/advertised how it currently is? I could only see more options for mermaids in a dlc
    edited August 2020
    Yes !
    They should have really taken Mermaids seriously the first time around. I don't support them doing DLC for DLC. Why cant they just do things right the first time?

A lot of us love and enjoy sims 4, but i know the devs see the complaints too. They need to start listening up and making changes.

I was really hopeful that they would take mermaids seriously after how well received they were in sims 3. I do miss being able to summon sharks on sims .
    edited August 2020
    Yes !
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i do not want dlc for dlc.

island living was a half baked expansion, i want more for mermaids but it should be a free patch update to the expansion pack.

As my previous comment , how do you suggest that would work? I don’t think they would code/add more to Island paradise since it’s already advertised the way it is now
    Yes !
    NyteRose wrote: »
    I'm torn, mermaids are my favorite occult after vampires. Should they have a pack dedicated strictly to them? No, we already paid for them with Island Living. However, they should get more CAS, traits, an aspiration or two, an underwater world/lot, a skill tree, and allow them to be divers. All of this should be a free update.

I would really like shark tails or octopus tails. I still wouldn’t mind paying for a dlc as long as some of the stuff is also offered as a free update to those who paid for island living
    edited August 2020
    Yes !
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I would prefer if they updated the current mermaid gameplay, else, it will be another DLC for DLC. We have to remember that, not everyone has all the packs, or at least the IL for the developers to create another pack just focusing on the mermaid only.

What if the dlc offers mermaids again but more improved ? So those who don’t have island still get them? And also give those improvements on a free update to those who paid for island living ? They only thing you wouldn’t get is the new cas & bb objects. I think that would be fair because I wouldn’t mind paying for dlc for my favorite occult’s (next to vampires & witches )
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No !
    No. They receive adequate treatment in Island Living. Where they are buggy, that can reported at EA Answers HQ, where bug reports go, and they can be fixed. But I don't feel they need the pack treatment while we are still waiting for implementation of other Simmer's favorite Occult lifestates, at all.
  • MockerMocker Posts: 29 Member
    I have another idea!
    In my opinion they god worked in sims 4 but devs cut their potential by not adding underwater areas that worked well in 3 sims. This is why I am more for updating them for free, and even better for updating places with water in different worlds.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have another idea!
    Justin wrote: »
    I would really like shark tails or octopus tails. I still wouldn’t mind paying for a dlc as long as some of the stuff is also offered as a free update to those who paid for island living

I don't really want dlc for dlc, but I agree different tails would be nice. The other things I want for mermaids are (a) dive spots where a mermaid, or a sim with scuba gear or a really high fitness skill, can do stuff underwater, and (b) the non-lot water in every neighborhood be made swimmable.

One of my families is mer-people--my sim-self married an NPC who turned out to be a mermaid--and I ended up moving them to Sulani because they could only swim in pools and the original mermaid character was getting depressed that she was away from the ocean.